VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Damn this game is actually really good. The renders look great and the story is pretty good. However, Kim just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Imagine being with someone for years, building a life, then getting a job offer in another country and accepting without telling your S/O, and then when you finally break their heart, tell them "I love you" before leaving. That's fucked up...I just can't find it in me to sympathize with her. In fact, she doesn't even deserve the time of day. I just hope the MC becomes more assertive and betters himself throughout the story.

Vualen

Nov 5, 2018
Still very little content, but looks nice and smooth. Beautiful renders and animations, but I kind of missed sex sounds and moans during single scene :) I hope this will be fixed in future, good luck (y) ;)

rdmsvg

Jun 29, 2022
After translating the game into my language, I liked the plot.
The game is not bad.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
If you surround yourself with shitty friends and see no problem in that, it says a whole lot about you.
Which is why much of the conversation about this has centered on the need for MC to "grow a pair". (y) It is important to note that the dev seems to agree and has exactly this in mind. We will see.

An_Able

Aug 11, 2021
I honestly don't understand the point of trying to get Kim to stay. She already said she felt suffocated, so any attempts at convincing her would probably make her feel even more trapped. Besides that, what could the MC have realistically done? Forced her to tell him what was wrong? "Fight for her"? He asked, she wouldn't tell. And when she did, she had her mind made up. Bags packed and plane ticket bought. There was nothing to be done. Doesn't make what she did right, of course, especially because of the shit she pulled right before leaving.

He does need to grow a spine and get over her, though.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I honestly don't understand the point of trying to get Kim to stay. She already said she felt suffocated, so any attempts at convincing her would probably make her feel even more trapped. Besides that, what could the MC have realistically done? Forced her to tell him what was wrong? "Fight for her"? He asked, she wouldn't tell. And when she did, she had her mind made up. Bags packed and plane ticket bought. There was nothing to be done. Doesn't make what she did right, of course, especially because of the shit she pulled right before leaving.

He does need to grow a spine and get over her, though.
At least for me it never was about changing her mind, if she wants to go as motseer said, ''she should be sure to not let the door hit her in the ass on her way out ''.
She can do what she wants and with whom she wants, but i certainly don't fight for her or want her back after the way she broke up and that 'i love you' at the airport...that's just low.

I'm pissed at the friend because she knew all along and neither said anything to the MC nor did she give him heads up that he should talk with Kim about it...thats just a bad friend (for the MC) in my opinion. Has nothing to do with changing Kim's mind.

And yes he needs to grow a back bone and soon.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
i agree with what people are saying about Kim. she claims to love him, yet won't stay with him. the choice she makes to leave hits him like a truck, cause he never saw it coming. sure he knew something was bothering her, but he would never have dreamed that it was something like this. that's just my opinion anways. at least she wasn't cheating on him, that we know of. maybe she was and that was the real reason she left him.

Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
i agree with what people are saying about Kim. she claims to love him, yet won't stay with him. the choice she makes to leave hits him like a truck, cause he never saw it coming. sure he knew something was bothering her, but he would never have dreamed that it was something like this. that's just my opinion anways. at least she wasn't cheating on him, that we know of. maybe she was and that was the real reason she left him.
I doubt she was cheating. It seems more like a misguided and poorly thought out idea of the best way to deal with her decision to break it off. I suppose it doesn't matter - if you've already made your mind up - whether you do it right away or wait till the last possible moment. I can see how someone could think that way. But it would matter to me and I would feel played if it happened the way it does in the story. Like Raziel_8 says, that last "I love you." is completely out of bounds. It's more like, "I love you but, not enough to choose you. Have a nice life". Like they say, "Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice. Shame on me."

An_Able

Aug 11, 2021
At least for me it never was about changing her mind, if she wants to go as motseer said, ''she should be sure to not let the door hit her in the ass on her way out ''.
She can do what she wants and with whom she wants, but i certainly don't fight for her or want her back after the way she broke up and that 'i love you' at the airport...that's just low.

I'm pissed at the friend because she knew all along and neither said anything to the MC nor did she give him heads up that he should talk with Kim about it...thats just a bad friend (for the MC) in my opinion. Has nothing to do with changing Kim's mind.

And yes he needs to grow a back bone and soon.
I absolutely agree with your every point. Anyone with an outside view of the situation should be able to tell that it's a bad idea to drop something like 'I'm leaving the country' on someone's lap 2 days prior, and that goes double for a supposed "friend." And "dropping hints" isn't an excuse or even a good idea, I'm of the opinion the MC has every right to be upset.

Furthermore, Kim leaving with an 'I love you' felt to me almost like her attempt at "hooking" him, i.e. leaving him brokenhearted enough to wait for her in case it doesn't work out in Korea, which only made my distaste for the whole mess grow.

I was simply responding to whomever mentioned fighting for her (the MC's subconscious via his dream included) that it wasn't feasible.

MD27

Feb 28, 2020
The renders are so nice, looking forward to more and cheering for it. Mainly because I'm concerned it's going to be like dozen of other games that have a really good but dramatically bittersweet first update, where you end sad but hoping for the MCs to overcome his life problems and see more of some LI presented early, just to get abandoned and end up being just a depressing prologue, sadly they never get the chance to expose their stories and further blissful and romantic scenarios. Good Luck Dev the game will rock

cab18+

Aug 14, 2021
This first part caught me by surprise and if this represents what is yet to come, this could end up in the (A)VN top.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sry, but Kim looks sooo not like a korean girl
That statement is so wrong on so many levels, ain't it bud?
Are you certain you want to stand by that post sir?
How does anyone on Earth look like anything other than what they are?
Reckon if you respected Korea anyway you'd have at least capitalized the word as you did Kim.
What side of the fence are you on?
No Kimchi for you.

rdmsvg

Jun 29, 2022
That statement is so wrong on so many levels, ain't it bud?
Are you certain you want to stand by that post sir?
How does anyone on Earth look like anything other than what they are?
Reckon if you respected Korea anyway you'd have at least capitalized the word as you did Kim.
What side of the fence are you on?
No Kimchi for you.
There are a lot of similar commentators everywhere who do not know what they are writing about)))

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes