VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Don't know why it should be a problem, friends sometimes tell each other things in trust. There is no obligation this info needs to be passed to the next friend, but there may very well be the promise explicitly not to tell....
Any sharing of information given to you should be considered with care, there's unwritten laws... You would not like it if somebody you told your problems in good trust tells another, even if it's a friend. And it would likely be the last time if he did...
In general sure, but things are a bit different if it will directly and heavily influenced another good friend.
If she can't influence Kim to tell the MC, she could tell the MC something along the lines of ''look MC there is something really important Kim has to tell you, maybe you need to pressure her to do so, but it's important for you to know''.
Or tell Kim ''he is an old and good friend of me, what you do is absolutely shitty and will devastate him, so either you tell him or i do.''

As the party being told such a secret you are in a shitty situation. Personaly i would try to convince the other to tell it personaly. If he doesn't want to, i do what i think is right. What would i expect from a friend if i were in his place, will he be hurt etc and then i decide. If that pisses of the one which told me, well then so be it, he had his chance to come clean.

If a good friend of me would keep back such information i would tell him he can take a hike, i certainly wouldn't trust him again.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
at the time of writing i havent finished the prologue so it may change..
However..
Very promising start.. the art style is well done.. sharper visuals maybe but if its the tone your going for then stay with it.. narrative i cannot flaw yet both in terms of interesting dialogue, grammar/spelling and storytelling.. characters are interesting.. even if somewhat familiar looking but hey thats not always a bad thing.. for me personally i like seeing recurring characters like you would see an actor or actress appear in different films or tv series.. it wouldnt effect you not watching it because you saw them in a film last week so more power to you..
Good luck with this title.. if you can maintain the tone i'm seeing thus far i'll be interested to see where this one goes so long as you can believe in your work and the story you want to tell and not surrender if the money doesnt meet your expectations

Reactions: Herofactory45

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
CHAQUINN 0 hey man, finished the content and so far I really liked it. Renders and Animations are great. I've seen worse renders in those games which have been in development for years. It's too soon to say anything about the story so I'm looking forward to future updates.

Will the girls in 'other' section have relationship with MC(either romantic or sexual)? I think Cyn will have something with MC but the other girl I'm not sure about.

Also, any virgins in this game? If yes, could you tell who they are?(You can choose not to tell me if you don't want to spoil the surprise. I hope the childhood friend is though. I'm a fan of childhood lovers ending up together)

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
This one is looking really good so far. Looking forward to seeing how this one progresses!

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
If a good friend of me would keep back such information i would tell him he can take a hike, i certainly wouldn't trust him again.
Yeah, but it's your girlfriend telling her best friend, the girlfriend of your good friend.... It's a friend group of 4 with 2 pairs in a relationship. Guys confide with each other girls confide with each other, different rules are applied. Furthermore Kim was an exchange student, it's not like she can speak with her family face to face... And it's very likely she did ask for silence explicitly just for that...

In the end the only one to blame is Kim, and what for? She did not cheat on you, she was offered a job in her homeland and chose to go... She chose not to tell you until the last moment.... If she was truly happy, she would not have accepted the job.. Would it really have been that much different had you known? And it's not like you didn't notice she was troubled...

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
my intial feelings about the story kinda put me in a bad place for a bit, now that i have finished the initial release, i must say i liked it. the girls are gorgeous, i like the details of the surroundings, and i hope that the future releases will be about MC getting over Kim leaving him behind, and go out and sow his oats for a while. i liked Keyla too and it looks like she might have feelings for the MC so she will maybe help him move on. perhaps she dumps Zeke for the MC or maybe they are in an open relationship and she begins an FWB thing with MC with Zeke's approval to help MC move on. lots of possibilities here for the story moving forward. and..wonder who the girl is at the graveyard watching mc. perhaps a secret sibling?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Yeah, but it's your girlfriend telling her best friend, the girlfriend of your good friend.... It's a friend group of 4 with 2 pairs in a relationship. Guys confide with each other girls confide with each other, different rules are applied. Furthermore Kim was an exchange student, it's not like she can speak with her family face to face... And it's very likely she did ask for silence explicitly just for that...

In the end the only one to blame is Kim, and what for? She did not cheat on you, she was offered a job in her homeland and chose to go... She chose not to tell you until the last moment.... If she was truly happy, she would not have accepted the job.. Would it really have been that much different had you known? And it's not like you didn't notice she was troubled...
I'm lost on what you're saying. Just got to the dinner they had. You can tell she has a problem and if you remember at the laundromat, Kim told the MC first that she loved him. So, I'm sure she's happy with the MC. When she said she 'felt suffocated', I think it had more to do with her parents than the MC. As she knows he's going to have to hurt the MC. She felt forced to do something by her family/culture. This is what I'm getting from the story so far. Going to keep playing and see if I'm wrong about this.

Also, you're correct about how people confide in each other.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
She felt forced to do something by her family/culture.
That might indeed be something too, although that would not be an excuse why she did not tell MC if her family was pressuring her into accepting the job. But if she feels she needs to have approval of her family it's not likely they would except MC into it..
Not all cultures are liberal towards their offspring's freedom of choices in life... But i guess this will be answered in time...

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

You are absolutely, 100% correct... and she should be sure to NOT let the door hit her in the ass on her way out. Jus' sayin'

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
That might indeed be something too, although that would not be an excuse why she did not tell MC if her family was pressuring her into accepting the job. But if she feels she needs to have approval of her family it's not likely they would except MC into it..
Not all cultures are liberal towards their offspring's freedom of choices in life... But i guess this will be answered in time...
I agree and disagree. I know. Wishy washy. lol I also think that IF Zeke or Keyla told the MC, things could've gotten out of hand. Something like that needs to come from the person involved themselves. We don't know what Zeke/Kayla said to her. They may've told her she needs to step up and say something. But, Kim explained why she didn't say something sooner. Also, if she decided to stay, she would/could bring dishonor to her family and get disowned or, her parents could've gone there and forced her to come back. Not a good thing either way.

For now, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. Something I don't normally do. But, it's not like she cheated on the MC. But, I'm going to stick around and see where this goes. Am now just getting to the 'mom talk'.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
wonder who the girl is at the graveyard watching mc. perhaps a secret sibling?
I think it's the neighbour girl that wanted to cut MC from the family picture (something like that anyway)... Makes sense since she would have known the father...

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Ok now ive finished it my prior comments stand..
Absolutely exceptional work.. if i didn't know any better id say this was by DRIFTY (Leap of Faith) using a pseudonym/alternative author name to put out work..
In addition to the emotional depth in this work the animation is flawless (for me) and the precise use of the right music to help set tone and emotional depth was superb.. Less often of late a title comes along that has that 'HOOK' that grips your attention tight and this IS one of them rare titles that i truly enjoyed and cant wait to see continue from here..
From the heart of my bottom lol Great work and especially good luck going forwards..

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Just finished this and I think it's got huge potential. Renders are great, animations are good, even though a couple were a bit jerky. Also needs a bit more proofreading. A few typos and misspellings here and there, but, nothing to bitch about.

All in all, I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Great start, CHAQUINN 0!

Reactions: Herofactory45

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
While that may true, it doesn't really change that she is also a good friend of the MC for many years, as such i would expect the same as i would from her bf if it comes to this kind of secret, it's simple loyality/honesty i expect from a friend.
Yes Kim is 100% to blame, it just doesn't change that the friend is a shitty one to the MC imo.
It doesn't really matter if the result would be different and of course she has any right to go if she's not happy, it's just an extremely shitty way she choosed to do so, even more so after years of being in that relationship, thats all.
she should be sure to NOT let the door hit her in the ass on her way out. Jus' sayin'
On that i fully agree and would add 'and if you leave stay gone'.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Its fair to say that this is a great example of what most Devs SHOULD DO before releasing a title for viewing.. Its overall polish/shine i can respect completly as it shows how much love and attention has been paid to this project before its release.. If more creators took this amount of time to put out a debut piece instead of throwing out a malformed piece that they 'plan' to fix later once the money rolls in.. then more quality pieces like this would be out there.. This deserves to be up there on level with Chasing sunsets, leap of faith, Artimus, Acting Lessons (dont hate me) lol Unbroken etc.. work that actually has heart and not a excuse to create boobies and have them jiggle lol

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
On that i fully agree and would add 'and if you leave stay gone'.
Decisions get made and consequences result. Some might think MC should fight for her and that is definitely a valid option. For me, a relationship is not about drama but loyalty. It, therefore, simplifies to one person chose to leave the other chooses to move on.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes