Yiff.Party is Going down, Can anyone start development of an alternative?

niginigi

Nov 24, 2020
If its pay to access, what's the point of not going to Patreons and spending money there instead?
People don't want to pay without knowing what they're getting.
$1pm to support site operation costs. Access to effectively $1000's dollars worth of content.
Waive the cost for people who contribute.
$1pm to support bottom tier plan of artist which you can't see anything of. Maybe $3 before you start getting anything meaningful. Repeat for each artist.
Sure, I don't like paying for something I can't see. But that's not what this is.

With donations, there is always the "Someone-else will donate" mentality. Sure, I would pay $1pm to keep the site going. Plenty of others would do that as well. But given the option to not pay if I don't have to. Well, I just saved $1pm, and so it did say 400 other people, and some other person is going to drop $100 to keep the site running, when we know only $300 were donated this month, and we need $400 to keep the site running. Which is basically what was happening every other month on Yiff for a while.

ArxenLupanh93

Feb 17, 2020
$1pm to support site operation costs. Access to effectively $1000's dollars worth of content.
Waive the cost for people who contribute.
$1pm to support bottom tier plan of artist which you can't see anything of. Maybe $3 before you start getting anything meaningful. Repeat for each artist.
Sure, I don't like paying for something I can't see. But that's not what this is.

With donations, there is always the "Someone-else will donate" mentality. Sure, I would pay $1pm to keep the site going. Plenty of others would do that as well. But given the option to not pay if I don't have to. Well, I just saved $1pm, and so it did say 400 other people, and some other person is going to drop $100 to keep the site running, when we know only $300 were donated this month, and we need $400 to keep the site running. Which is basically what was happening every other month on Yiff for a while.
Everything is not as simple as you think. If you force users to pay to view content even if it is $ 1 for the reason of maintaining the website it will be counterproductive.
I don't know the exact number of people accessing yiff 1 month but it sure is a very large number, about 5,000 people, maybe more. If each of them pay $ 1 monthly to view the work, the total money earned per month will be too much even if you use the reason to maintain the website. Even the old Yiff.party the amount of money calling for support was only a few hundred dollars a month.
There will be many people who disagree and ask for the real purpose of website operators, whether they really want to create a website like Yiff.party or they just use an excuse to extort money. users like Patreon but cheaper. Since then many consequences can happen and it will affect the development of the website especially when it is new.
As I said you can call for voluntary support, but you should create an extra amount to avoid possible mishaps. Around 40, 50 even 100 $ if the website is really good and you don't need to talk about it to everyone. It will limit waiting for others to donate and keep the site running well.
And even at Yiff.party days ago, although there were times when the website was inactive because it was not allowed to donate, only 1-2 days later it was advised to fully donate and re-operate.

niginigi

Nov 24, 2020
I really think people should stop trying to "recover" the old site. It's gone. Make something new and focus on making a great thing for the future. If some backups appear that's a bonus, not a prerequisite.
Pretty much, the only use of backups is for creators which aren't active anymore/deleted patreon etc.

Reactions: HungryDonkey

deadpool1197

Nov 24, 2020
here, this is a perfect way to picture this. you know when wikipedia does their fundraisers? just do the same thing. keep it free for everyone, but you can ask for donations when you really need it.

the more you think about monthly fees, the more you're going to think about just profiting off it for yourself. I'm sure that's what happened with yiff.party.

whitexwhite

May 30, 2020
I'm pretty sure the people who tend to frequent piracy websites are going to know their way around an adblocker, unfortunately.

C4ncer_69

Jul 1, 2020
This is sad, I took a break from smut-related activities and this is what I come back to, yiff going down.
:(

Vammzu

Nov 30, 2020
I'd like to help as well. I have a whole BUNCH of patreon art/exclusive art/regular art from artist's like Trinity Fate, Plaga Lurks, Kurodood and so on. I've been saving stuff for a long time now, so If I can help let me know. :)

Vammzu

Nov 30, 2020
As of now, what I could suggest in the mean time for those of us who doesn't know how to code a website is to mass download all your favorite creator's contents. If you have the space and time, try doing that for other rare creators contents. We need to save as much as possible now so in case we do start over from scratch, we have at least some data recovery. Personally, I expected something like this for years as I knew the inherent danger of a site like this. I have been collecting a lot of furry contents thought the years so I'm willing to import contents that I have with the new site. Only issue is, I'm diagnosed with stage 1 lung cancer and scheduled to have surgery in a week from now. Due to covid, there is a higher chance of me dyeing from the procedure than normal. If I survive, I plan of helping out as much as possible for what I can do.
I really do hope things get better for ya. (y)
I have lots of art as well.

roxas2099

Dec 1, 2020
anyone have access to patreon content from Michiyoshi, Zedrin, Frostworks or Lovemakincrib/Rawshaw?