Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017

comerc.png

Hello! The first month of working on a new game passed and this means it’s time to release the first EX version of Yorna.

You can download the latest release .

If you are not familiar with it – EX are updates which I will make until the point where I can fully shift my attention to the new game and make a release for it. These releases will typically have new domination H events, monster girl small cutscenes and minor improvements.

H content

Moth, tenta-girl and minotaur receive their domi events. To trigger a domination victory, you’ll need to use lust magic skills like “Seduce” and “Lust Bolt” to overwhelm your opponent without using any other offensive means. Depleting enemy’s HP bar with lust energy will trigger a special domination scene.

You can find all available H events in the gallery and it’s a good idea to check which enemies have domination scenes. I put new arrivals in the end of domi section and before factional stuff.

Minor Improvements

Expanded several maps from Nymph’s forest and the desert. These zones still had some issues with Ada’s on-map sprite concealing walkable tiles.

Added more interactive tiles to Sand Town’s merchants to make it similar to the starting village. No additional functions added just an atmosphere change.

Hidden Ada’s on-map sprite for Android version. It will still appear during dialogues or cutscenes but will no longer obscure the map.

Added a note to “Seduce” and “Lust bolt” skills to mention the domination scenes. No changes in domi victory logic.

X2

May 31, 2018
hi, i want to ask. how to hide/unhide the girl (yorna/mc) image on android version?

Screenshot_2019-07-17-12-13-54-133_id.application.rpgmakermv.png

the image wont show up on my device :(

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
How to defeat yorna its to powerful ?
Whoa, that’s a lot of questions. Try thinking outside of the box and try various approaches both with puzzles and enemies. It feels much better if you can beat something on your own. After all, hunters go out into the forests, not zoos.

hi, i want to ask. how to hide/unhide the girl (yorna/mc) image on android version?

View attachment 347753

the image wont show up on my device :(
As I mentioned in my last post about the new patch, Ada’s on-map sprite is hidden except for cutscenes. Players actively messaged me that they want to see more map instead of Ada.

Since it will require some time to make a toggle hide function and most of my time is directed to rigging Live2d SDK v3 for RPG Maker MV, this is a temporal solution.

DarkLizerd

Oct 28, 2017
How to defeat yorna its to powerful ?
Yorna: 920 HP(?!), 250 XP, 3000 GP, Mithril, Magic Essence.
Yea... I think she has over 900 HP!!!
At about 30 hp a hit, it will take some time...
Switch it up, hit, spells, heal...
It is the longest fight in the game!

Reactions: JoKeR <3

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Heya! As always, here are the main points of my work this month. Yorna will receive 3 new H events and a pair of small cutscenes with monster girls. This will most likely cover all missing domi scenes and the next month can open up opportunities for mansion’s scenes.

Now, let’s talk about the new game. I’m still rigging Live2d SDK v3, though several breakthroughs happened. After all the hard work, I can play animations inside the RPG Maker’s scenes below the interface level - this allows me to make a gallery and scene logic similar to Yorna’s. A huge plus - existing logic can be used to speed up development in the future.

Also, I can display several animated objects at the same which, in theory, can allow me to make animated dialogue scenes. At this moment, I don’t know if this will be in the game but the option to do so is definitely welcome. Depending on my workload and active animators/artists this may become another feature for Cyberthing.

My main is for this month is to finish the prototype so artists could start learning Live2d and decide if they can handle the animation. This will mark the end of “Preparation phase I” and the start of “Phase II” where we’ll be working on an early alpha build.

Of course, there are other obstacles and hindrances to think about. For example, Live2d SDK v2 used pixie.js to play animations and corresponding sound effects, including synced audio. SDK v3 uses WebGL and a quick search didn’t give me any option to sync the sound with action.

Some may disregard this issue as non-important. Besides, I sort of synced the audio in Yorna, right? Well, the usual animation loop is around 20-50 frames and if the game will play exactly the same sound each second or so - you’ll quickly make a voodoo doll for me. Or mute the H sounds. Non-critical yet definitely can work for the atmosphere if done right.

While I already can load up different models and animations and play them, I do this via hard-coding resources in the loader. This may cause some issues in the long run since all of them load up at the start of the game. All animations are ready to go at any time. Great. Models eat up RAM and are stuck there until you shut down the game. Bleh.

Again, a non-critical issue but I would like to see a smart loader which can manipulate RAM based on which scenes player can trigger and unload the events which won’t be active in the foreseeable future. This will be more of an advanced feature which can be finished even after the game releases yet it would be great to have from day 1.

Plus, July will be the month where I start working on publishing EX version to Steam and Nutaku. Some players asked me about the release date but only a rough estimation is possible. Can’t say for sure if everything will go smoothly but there’s a chance you’ll be able to find Yorna on these platforms late August. No promises though, I never published anything on them.

These are the main points for July -> August period. As always, I’ll make weekly updates so stay tuned and check the news.

DarkLizerd

Oct 28, 2017
One comment I would make...
(Great game, by the way...)
When Ada surrenders instead of being defeated, the text should say she surrenders instead of "loosing the fight"...
Also, it would be nice to be able to access the gallery in-game, instead of at the loading screen.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
One comment I would make...
(Great game, by the way...)
When Ada surrenders instead of being defeated, the text should say she surrenders instead of "loosing the fight"...
Also, it would be nice to be able to access the gallery in-game, instead of at the loading screen.
"Surrender" combat option uses the same logical function as being defeated by having 0 hp. Since they are the same, the text is identical too. I don’t think this is important enough to get inside RPG Maker logic and write another function with a different text since most players won’t even read it before going into the H scenes.

I’ll make a note about the gallery button but since I’m ears-deep in the code for the next project, I don’t have time to rearrange the logic. Yay, perks of a one-man band. Either way, this a minor convenience change since you already can access the gallery via the main menu and this feature will only save up about 5 seconds.

Where is the witch in mortimer tower. Ican't find it.
Well, reading answers to your posts could be a great start.

Reactions: DarkLizerd

Thanatos

May 21, 2017
Maybe I'm missing sth, or it's a bug, but I can't complete the nun/octa charm quest.
I talked to Matron Milena, then talked to all three nuns (oasis, lumber camp, town), but when I get back to Milena, Ada says "still working on it".

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 24 Votes