Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far.

I've noticed that some weapons give you hidden stats, like Bloodthirster giving you more speed than Mate, which gives you more than Edge of Wisdom. Is there any way to see stats like Speed, Evasion etc.?
Yes, by default RPG Maker only shows the base stats like P.Att or M.Def and no secondary stats like speed or dodge. I mark the extra stats in the item’s description if it has them.

I already thought about showing all stats in equip comparison and shop windows but to do this, I must change their logic and visual layout of both windows and test them thoroughly. It will take some time and with the most important phase of the new project’s prep - drawing and testing real animations, I don’t have the time.

So, the feature is in my waiting list but don’t expect it in the upcoming release.

Reactions: sydney34

DarkLizerd

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, by default RPG Maker only shows the base stats like P.Att or M.Def and no secondary stats like speed or dodge. I mark the extra stats in the item’s description if it has them.

I already thought about showing all stats in equip comparison and shop windows but to do this, I must change their logic and visual layout of both windows and test them thoroughly. It will take some time and with the most important phase of the new project’s prep - drawing and testing real animations, I don’t have the time.

So, the feature is in my waiting list but don’t expect it in the upcoming release.
Just make the hidden stats a text file...
I can include them in the walkthrough and hint sheet I'm working on.

Giulio96

Jan 20, 2018
Just finished the main game and I loved it.
Now going to try completing the gallery and to get the last few items I miss ( and to raise my lust level....I'm still at 3, lol ).
Love the "yuri" focus even though the game gives room to both female on female and male on female action.
The easy going atmosphere makes it be perfect.

I really had no issues defeating Yorna ( Yggdrasil's branch , mage-errant , gem of wisdom , level 25 ) ; her first attack hurted me for half of my hp and I have to admit it worried me but after healing back up once , casting mend , fireblast ( or dazzle , eventually both ) and then force wave and repeating the process whenever needed the fight was p much one sided in my favour , cleanse also helped a lot obviously.

Last edited:

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Just make the hidden stats a text file...
I can include them in the walkthrough and hint sheet I'm working on.
Thanks for the idea but it won’t fix the problem entirely. The game should have these stats in an easy to get form and most players won’t bother reading extra text files. Since Cyberthing will need this feature too, I’m pretty sure it will appear before the new game hits the release date.

DarkLizerd

Oct 28, 2017
sydney34 said:
Really enjoying the game so far.

I've noticed that some weapons give you hidden stats, like Bloodthirster giving you more speed than Mate, which gives you more than Edge of Wisdom. Is there any way to see stats like Speed, Evasion etc.?

---------------------------------------

How about this for an idea...
Add a "talk/ask" about the weapon?
Shopkeeper will tell you about all the features of the weapon...

Or add a "?" next to the item that will show a pop-up window with the "full stats" on the item...
If not on this game, then on any new projects...

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017

---------------------------------------

How about this for an idea...
Add a "talk/ask" about the weapon?
Shopkeeper will tell you about all the features of the weapon...

Or add a "?" next to the item that will show a pop-up window with the "full stats" on the item...
If not on this game, then on any new projects...
Well, it can be an easier alternative yet I think showing full stats in the game will be more convenient. Essentially, it takes the stats from item description and gives it out in a dialogue.

Even if you’ll ask the trader about their items, all the stats will be given as a text line. You’ll need to write it down or memorize the info, then sum it all up with other gear Ada has. The task grows harder if you want to compare several sets of equipment. Plus, Yorna has some discoverable items which players can get only by finding or crafting them.

Nah, while this alternative may be easier to do, it won’t fix the main issue. Since both games will use similar stat logic, I’m ready to prepare the extra script bits. It's not that hard, more like I'm bogged down with other tasks.

DarkLizerd

Oct 28, 2017
Well, it can be an easier alternative yet I think showing full stats in the game will be more convenient. Essentially, it takes the stats from item description and gives it out in a dialogue.

Even if you’ll ask the trader about their items, all the stats will be given as a text line. You’ll need to write it down or memorize the info, then sum it all up with other gear Ada has. The task grows harder if you want to compare several sets of equipment. Plus, Yorna has some discoverable items which players can get only by finding or crafting them.

Nah, while this alternative may be easier to do, it won’t fix the main issue. Since both games will use similar stat logic, I’m ready to prepare the extra script bits. It's not that hard, more like I'm bogged down with other tasks.
No, not compare each item to another, just the description of the asked about item...
(Ask about Initiate's Staff)
"Oh, yes, this is the perfect weapon for a mage, light enough to use with ease, and sturdy enough to whack your opponents with. It will do (stats list: +6, +0, +1, +1 but worded out better). With this staff, you will be faster in combat and it will boost you mana by 15 points to allow you to cast more spells, and will only set you back 2000 gold. "
(Initiate's Staff: 2000, 1000, +6, +0, +1, +10
(Add the MP point, not sure if it add or not)

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
No, not compare each item to another, just the description of the asked about item...
(Ask about Initiate's Staff)
"Oh, yes, this is the perfect weapon for a mage, light enough to use with ease, and sturdy enough to whack your opponents with. It will do (stats list: +6, +0, +1, +1 but worded out better). With this staff, you will be faster in combat and it will boost you mana by 15 points to allow you to cast more spells, and will only set you back 2000 gold. "
(Initiate's Staff: 2000, 1000, +6, +0, +1, +10
(Add the MP point, not sure if it add or not)

Walkthrough, ver 1.0 (Guaranteed to have some errors)
Already working on it and perhaps extended stats for items and both shop and equip screens comparison for them will be finished before next release. Needless to say, this will affect both public and EX versions along with other small fixes. Here's a preview:

picturemessage_1hxq1qwp.ikc.png

Thanks for the walkthrough - I’ll post it on the Patreon after returning from a business trip.

Reactions: DarkLizerd

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
102_ex.jpg

You can download the game the last EX version . This release brings several big interface changes so the public version will get them a bit later, minus the H content and scenes. I’ll make a separate post after thorough testing along with developer's plans. Estimated date - August 19th.

H scenes and art

v1.02 brings three new domination scenes featuring night gaunt, gargoyle and titania. As always, you can find new scenes towards the end of the gallery. These events use the usual logic to get – defeat monster girls without using damaging skills, just lust magic like “Seduce” and “Lust Bolt”.

Miniscenes with monster girls

This content pack brings 2 new mini-scenes. In the first one, you’ll see Leary’s reaction to the world’s unfairness. You can get this event after beating the final boss and entering the castle’s garden.

In the second scene, you’ll witness Gabby’s final decision about drinking with a little bit of help from a gargoyle. This event is available earlier – just enter the castle’s kitchen after beating Cheshire.

Interface changes

Mobile version got a new button to hide and show Ada’s on-map sprite. It’s pretty much the same as pressing Q in the desktop version and now Android players can toggle it too.

GUI received an interesting upgrade with detailed item comparison for equip and shop menus. In the new version, the game will show all the stat changes if Ada will equip the new item. This way you can understand if you really want the new gear without buying it first.

So, what are these extra stats? Aside from already familiar physical + magical attack and defense, there are several others. Guess I need to give a proper description to avoid possible confusion. And just to be sure – these stats were active all the time so nothing changes power-wise.

Speed affects action order during combat. Characters with higher speed act first. Some skills can affect your speed both positively and negatively. For example, healing skills and drinking potions have top priority to avoid scenarios where players decide to heal but get finished off by a faster enemy.

Luck affects Ada’s debuff resistance. Higher luck makes getting bleeding and other negative states harder. The effect gets even better if you already have some kind of gear with extra resistance to some kind of debuff. The same goes backward - higher luck allows easier placing debuffs on your enemies easier.

Crit is self-explanatory – higher crit means more critical hits both with skills and common attacks. Please note, not all skills can have crits.

Dodge – allows evading physical attacks, the higher the better. Doesn’t help with magic and lust attacks since they check against Ada’s magical defense. Dodging an attack will nullify all damage and debuff application.

Accuracy is dodge’s counter, it negates enemy’s evading ability. By default, each normal attack has a 100% chance to land, minus foe’s dodge. So, if Ada’s accuracy is lower than enemy’s dodge, her attacks may miss. If her accuracy is equal or greater than opponent’s dodge, all attacks will hit the mark.

Max HP & MP – boost Ada’s maximum health and mana respectively.

Small fixes and improvements

Added missing icon for simple earrings.

Fixed strange rock formations inside the cave with dark matter girls.

Adjusted several item descriptions. They were too long for the description window and ended abruptly.

Minor map geometry improvements.

What’s next?

During the next month, I’ll move to the 3rd and final phase of preparation for the new game. Which means more previews and the last update for Yorna. Also, thanks to one of the players, I’ll post Yorna’s walkthrough after polishing it a bit.

Want to know more? Stay tuned for upcoming developer’s plans!

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
It was a pretty busy month, yet I completed almost all of the base logic for the new project. This means I’m ready to start filling it with content like maps, events and so on. The only thing which blocks me from advancing to phase III is animating scenes. Still, need to work on the process + some non-obvious issues appeared during work.

Most artists don’t mix drawing art and animating it and, honestly, it’s the right choice. Well, the problem is – I can’t get more people onboard to tackle animated scenes as 2 separate tasks for artists and animators. Thus, I’m checking who can handle it and how much animation workload I’ll need to do myself.

So, my main goal for August -> September period will be finalizing the animation routine process and choosing the features to put inside the initial release. Looks like some of these will have to wait a bit before appearing. Not a big deal. Yorna demonstrated that minor feature like mini-games can be added during monthly releases.

Also, RPG Maker MV has a lot of fantasy-themed sprites, both characters and tilesets. Can’t say modern or sci-fi themes received the same love. I’ll need to prepare quite a bit of custom graphics to make the proper mood and setting for the game.

The band I’m working with is recording the main theme for Cyberthing (yeah, the name won’t stick for long). It’s one of the more difficult tracks if not the most difficult one – still it’s an important element. After that, we’ll switch to combat tracks and ambient. If all goes well, it will be juicy ^^

Tech-wise, I would like to tinker a bit with feature plugins but it’s nothing serious, just adapting stock solutions for my own needs and testing them. It’s a good way to switch from animation stuff and will add more cyberpunk flavor to the game.

Most of this work will be for the gallery. Instead of pure CG mode like in Yorna, the new project will have the animation-only option without text. Plus, I want to add buttons so players will control the flow of the H scene, unlike Yorna where you could only advance forward.

Also, there’s an idea to make several transactions for each stage of H events. Making them slightly different and adding different sounds can make animated scenes much more interesting.

Going ham, I have an idea about making a short promo teaser for the new game but with so much going on, I’m not sure I will be able to do it properly. Still, it’s worth a shot even if it won’t be ready for the initial release day. We'll see how it'll go.

The public version of Yorna will receive an update August 21st (v1.00c) - new interface and several small fixes. I wanted to roll it out today but found a strange behavior with older plugins which no longer exist in EX version. Need a bit more time to unveil this issue.

Oh, and the last but not least – publishing the walkthrough, courtesy of DarkLizerd from F95 forum. I want to improve his work and give a bit more details before posting it on Patreon and main forums.

That’s about it. Ask me anything you want and stay tuned for previews and updates.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Fixed the issue with old plugins and the new version is available for download with the new interface and few other minor fixes.

Windows – |
MacOS X – |
Linux family – |
Android – |

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes