2.30 star(s) 6 Votes

Deltaecho6

Jul 2, 2021
I've played some sub-par MTL games like this with the same story progression where the MC get's Cucked. It was not so bad for which those games got an upvote.
But how bad/good is the MTL for this game if you rated from 0-10?

I'm asking because the artwork looks nice and the story seems to be good but if MTL is bad then it will be 10/10 mood killer.

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
It's not "bad". Just passable. On a scale of 0-10, a solid 4.5

Personally, I went in with decent expectations, but after I was done I didn't pick it up again and kinda forgot about it. Even without MTL in the equation, the game itself is a bit, "meh" when it comes to story. Unlike most NTR enthusiasts who are into the genre for rape and mind breaks enjoying the soul crushing CGs, I tend to favor a good story more. This one, wasn't it.

Reactions: Deltaecho6

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
I don't know, being angry about getting cheated on feels very justifiable. A relationship of boyfriend-girlfriend is still a commitment, however shallow or unwise it is (if you need me to explain why a marriage is a commitment, you should get help).

And Netorare inevitably turns into cheating because by definition, the girl is inevitably given a choice...and she chooses (or decides to tolerate indefinitely) the other guy for whatever contrived reason the human brain can conjure. THAT is cheating, period.

And by the same definition, Netorare is presented to us in the perspective of the guy victim. We don't self-insert, but we feel bad for the guy because, except in a few rare cases, he doesn't deserve it (having a small dick/being busy supporting the family justifies getting your girlfriend or wife fucked away? Really?). We're sad or angry or frustrated or whatever mix of the three.
Most of your statements here are wrong. Your perception of what netorare is, is off.

You don't have to have a relationship at all to have netorare. Netorare is a love interest being taken away and the emotions that arise from that. When an MC has a crush for an example and the crush starts a relationship with someone else. It's the weakest base for netorare, but it's very possible to make that heartwrenching as well. As such, netorare is not necessarily cheating.

Fact is, many of us has experienced this type of netorare to one degree or another. Imagine your twin fucking the girl you love in the next room for an instance. I'm sure it's happened, somewhere. Or when you find out your best friend liked the same person you did and one of you started dating them. The other person would be experiencing netorare, that's for sure.

Gender doesn't matter either, it never matters, only perspective and loss of a love interest does.

"The girl is inevitably given a choice"
No. There are stories where the girl never gives in, but instead has her freedom to choose taken away. It is still netorare.
If a guy borrows $100k from the Yakuza and they come to collect and he can't pay up. If they take his wife instead and use her as a captive whore to pay them back and maybe send him pictures of her in the act "to assure him she's ok"(to mock him).. That would be netorare.

The thought that you have to have a relationship to have netorare, or that it'll always result in cheating, is wrong. And because so many people think so it's hard to tag games properly, which results in the same discussions being repeated again and again.

Missmiles

Aug 12, 2018
Most of your statements here are wrong. Your perception of what netorare is, is off.

You don't have to have a relationship at all to have netorare. Netorare is a love interest being taken away and the emotions that arise from that. When an MC has a crush for an example and the crush starts a relationship with someone else. It's the weakest base for netorare, but it's very possible to make that heartwrenching as well. As such, netorare is not necessarily cheating.

Fact is, many of us has experienced this type of netorare to one degree or another. Imagine your twin fucking the girl you love in the next room for an instance. I'm sure it's happened, somewhere. Or when you find out your best friend liked the same person you did and one of you started dating them. The other person would be experiencing netorare, that's for sure.

Gender doesn't matter either, it never matters, only perspective and loss of a love interest does.

"The girl is inevitably given a choice"
No. There are stories where the girl never gives in, but instead has her freedom to choose taken away. It is still netorare.
If a guy borrows $100k from the Yakuza and they come to collect and he can't pay up. If they take his wife instead and use her as a captive whore to pay them back and maybe send him pictures of her in the act "to assure him she's ok"(to mock him).. That would be netorare.

The thought that you have to have a relationship to have netorare, or that it'll always result in cheating, is wrong. And because so many people think so it's hard to tag games properly, which results in the same discussions being repeated again and again.
Well, I agree with you on one thing: netorare is all about the emotional gut-punch.

Also, it seems you're not too well-acquainted with what's considered 'traditional' NTR. The girl being given the choice, (optionally) finding her husband/boyfriend/whatever inadequate and running to the other guy is the main punch of the whole thing.

Although NTR has definitely expanded its definition a lot, so I won't argue too much on that point.

Finally, the scenario you're describing is pure non-con and rape. Unless she gets into it and starts wanting it (notably, one of the defenses the human mind uses to prevent insanity), at which point it becomes NTR.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Well, I agree with you on one thing: netorare is all about the emotional gut-punch.

Also, it seems you're not too well-acquainted with what's considered 'traditional' NTR. The girl being given the choice, (optionally) finding her husband/boyfriend/whatever inadequate and running to the other guy is the main punch of the whole thing.

Although NTR has definitely expanded its definition a lot, so I won't argue too much on that point.

Finally, the scenario you're describing is pure non-con and rape. Unless she gets into it and starts wanting it (notably, one of the defenses the human mind uses to prevent insanity), at which point it becomes NTR.
The scenario I described is rape/slave and NTR. It's both. They're not mutually exclusive genres or tags.

What you define as traditional NTR was a mistake. A mistranslation that spread outside Japan. It becoming popular doesn't mean it was ever correct. NTR never specifically had anything to do with relationships or consent to do. It can, but it's not necessary to write something in the genre.

I actually am sorry I'm so rigid on the topic, but I've read more than 5000 ntr galleries on exhentai and played close to every NTR game here worth a damn plus walked around Akihabara in Tokyo where hentai manga is sold in shops to both sides.

You know what the Dunning Kruger effect is, right? I'm at the very end of the curve on this topic.

Reactions: Evil987

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
The scenario I described is rape/slave and NTR. It's both. They're not mutually exclusive genres or tags.

What you define as traditional NTR was a mistake. A mistranslation that spread outside Japan. It becoming popular doesn't mean it was ever correct. NTR never specifically had anything to do with relationships or consent to do. It can, but it's not necessary to write something in the genre.

I actually am sorry I'm so rigid on the topic, but I've read more than 5000 ntr galleries on exhentai and played close to every NTR game here worth a damn plus walked around Akihabara in Tokyo where hentai manga is sold in shops to both sides.

You know what the Dunning Kruger effect is, right? I'm at the very end of the curve on this topic.
What it translates to is really irrelevant to this conversation. "Netorare" is essentially a loan word, to give a demonstration, when used the word "hentai" in Japan has an entirely different meaning to "hentai" in the west. The same is true with netorare, though there is far less separation. Netorare, short and sweet, is fetishized failure. Opposite of the typical hero's journey. Typically in a story the protagonist is faced with a challenge, then he works hard to rise to the challenge and defeats the antagonist, foiling his evil plans. The opposite happens in netorare, rather than rise to the challenge he simply gives up, he lets the antagonist win and then tries to rationalize it away by convincing himself things are better this way.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
What it translates to is really irrelevant to this conversation. "Netorare" is essentially a loan word, to give a demonstration, when used the word "hentai" in Japan has an entirely different meaning to "hentai" in the west. The same is true with netorare, though there is far less separation. Netorare, short and sweet, is fetishized failure. Opposite of the typical hero's journey. Typically in a story the protagonist is faced with a challenge, then he works hard to rise to the challenge and defeats the antagonist, foiling his evil plans. The opposite happens in netorare, rather than rise to the challenge he simply gives up, he lets the antagonist win and then tries to rationalize it away by convincing himself things are better this way.
Sorry, but none of what you just wrote has to do with NTR in the slightest. It is about having unfulfillment of romantic feelings, usually rubbed in the face of MC or the viewer on behalf of MC. It's 5AM here and I'm on my phone, not gonna go into a long explanation, but you can't broaden the term to failure in general.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Sorry, but none of what you just wrote has to do with NTR in the slightest. It is about having unfulfillment of romantic feelings, usually rubbed in the face of MC or the viewer on behalf of MC. It's 5AM here and I'm on my phone, not gonna go into a long explanation, but you can't broaden the term to failure in general.
When one says "fetishizing" sexuality is generally implied, however, not every NTR involves romance. For example, I recall seeing one in which the MC lives between his two more attractive step-brothers who bring home women every night. His room is between them and every night he is kept up by the sound of them having sex with these women as he laments how some people are born with the looks and brains and he isn't.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
When one says "fetishizing" sexuality is generally implied, however, not every NTR involves romance. For example, I recall seeing one in which the MC lives between his two more attractive step-brothers who bring home women every night. His room is between them and every night he is kept up by the sound of them having sex with these women as he laments how some people are born with the looks and brains and he isn't.
I'm assuming this was the one you were referring to:

MC definitely has romance in mind with them. Also... if there wasn't, it wouldn't be NTR.

Imagine a scenario where MC in the above story genuinely just wanted to befriend the girls. That he had no romantic interest in them. In that case there'd be no hard feelings from MC's side and it wouldn't be NTR.

Last edited:

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
I'm assuming this was the one you were referring to:

MC definitely has romance in mind with them. Also... if there wasn't, it wouldn't be NTR.

Imagine a scenario where MC in the above story genuinely just wanted to befriend the girls. That he had no romantic interest in them. In that case there'd be no hard feelings from MC's side and it wouldn't be NTR.
True, but it was never explicitly stated that he planned on dating the girls, what I mean by not romance is that the chemistry is at the level of admiring them and considering it but not really crushing hard. He wasn't about to ask her out at the end of the day only to find her during lunch break sucking off the guy who constantly bullies him. I think it's kind of making fun of or parodying the "dense protagonist" in shounen type harem anime who the audience assumes the heroines will end up with because he is the only one in the plot with a Y chromosome, but if someone else shows up and shows them the affection they have been trying and failing to get from the MC, then things will instantly reverse course.

Oct 1, 2021
Holy Shit after playing dozens of ntr games from this site MTL doesnt even bother me that much but i just cant with this game.
The story is complete dogshit, the game takes like 10 minutes to get over and the cg looks like a 10 year old made it.
Its as if the god of ntr game devs has cast a divine judgement on me for being a pirate through this game.

Roawwr

Jan 20, 2022
Not my liking. Body proportions is so unrealistic. I understand this is anime but still there should be limit.

2.30 star(s) 6 Votes