4.60 star(s) 17 Votes
Dec 7, 2020
Men do exist in this world, they're mentioned. For example BFF claimed to be heterosexual until she discovers she's not. She couldn't claim to be heterosexual if there weren't men around. And there's a trans girl, so she was born with a male body and she transitioned.

The thing is, there's no point in having men in the game, considering what the game's focus is about.

Last edited:

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
I'm not talking about femdom, just being mean.

Either you misread or I mistyped. I want one or the other.

Come to think of it, doesn't a man show up in the prologue?
1- Want to see a guy in the game? Start a new game. One appears, he talks about the university and gone. Men exist in the world of Yuri University!
2 - No, nobody here wants to see a camera installed in the men's dorm or be "mean" with a man. The game is great the way it is (it might not even have a futa, but that's another matter)

Is it some kind of bet from the forum guys? Every x months comes a request to put dicks in the game? Is this some kind of prank that everyone agreed on? Isn't it enough that a bunch of hetero games are tagged lesbian the wrong way, do you still have to have people asking for dicks in one of the few games that are actually lesbian?
Want dicks? Check out the gay tag, there'll be loads for you!

Last edited:

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Ok, I know this is called Yuri University, and I love the fact that there aren't any dicks, but can either a male character show up or give us proof that this is some kind of all-women's university?

(Make the man a massive pervert and give us a way to punish him! Have him want to install cameras in the dorm or something and the MC can get her revenge!)
There will never be any significant male characters in Yuri University.

As others have mentioned, and you yourself have even remembered, men do exist in the world of YU. They're not a focus because the MC is not interested in men - she recently realised she's gay, and is enjoying exploring what that means to her.

I made YU on a few core concepts: that it was lesbian only, and had clear consent, among other things.
Adding a man to perv on the characters, and for them to go get "revenge" is about as far away from those ideas as you can get.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
There will never be any significant male characters in Yuri University.

As others have mentioned, and you yourself have even remembered, men do exist in the world of YU. They're not a focus because the MC is not interested in men - she recently realised she's gay, and is enjoying exploring what that means to her.

I made YU on a few core concepts: that it was lesbian only, and had clear consent, among other things.
Adding a man to perv on the characters, and for them to go get "revenge" is about as far away from those ideas as you can get.
Frame this and put it somewhere conspicuous. Make a billboard, I don't know! Because people come up with this kind of question every 1 or 2 months! you would save time and keys on your keyboard (because apparently the YURI in the game name is not enough)
Although we can say that it is the fault of the ADMs too. If people weren't used to the lesbian tag being used so wrongly, there wouldn't be people asking if there's going to be any guys in the lesbian games.
I don't see people asking if there will be women in gay games, because the gay tag is used correctly!

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Frame this and put it somewhere conspicuous. Make a billboard, I don't know! Because people come up with this kind of question every 1 or 2 months! you would save time and keys on your keyboard (because apparently the YURI in the game name is not enough)
I put a disclaimer in the Sunville OP, when I first released the game... Spoiler: It didn't work.
Those people either refuse to read or believe that we devs are willing to change our whole concepts at the whims of random dudes on the internet.

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
While on the topic of males in the Yuri University universe, does it also have the weird gender disparity found in Sunville? Or should I not read that much into the cameo.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
While on the topic of males in the Yuri University universe, does it also have the sexy gender disparity found in Sunville? Or should I not read that much into the cameo.
Pretty sure not. This is just an all-girls school, so the % is higher. I assume. XD

Last edited:

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
While on the topic of males in the Yuri University universe, does it also have the weird gender disparity found in Sunville? Or should I not read that much into the cameo.
Like Feierflei said, there's no connection between Sunville and YU. The cameo is just a fun little nod for fans of both games, and also a small token of my gratitude for the help Feierflei's given me.

YU is broadly set in the real world. If you'd like a story version for the lack of men met/seen, our player character is just much more interested in meeting women right now, so doesn't really notice guys around. I haven't explicitly said the uni is an all-girls institution, and I think it makes more sense story-wise that it isn't.

If you want the behind the scenes reason: I just don't wanna design and add in a load of dudes :LOL:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Like Feierflei said, there's no connection between Sunville and YU. The cameo is just a fun little nod for fans of both games, and also a small token of my gratitude for the help Feierflei's given me.

YU is broadly set in the real world. If you'd like a story version for the lack of men met/seen, our player character is just much more interested in meeting women right now, so doesn't really notice guys around. I haven't explicitly said the uni is an all-girls institution, and I think it makes more sense story-wise that it isn't.

If you want the behind the scenes reason: I just don't wanna design and add in a load of dudes :LOL:
Well, the title of the game kind of implies that it's all girls, but either way. lol

HS is bad at making guys anyway, they are usually ugly, pervy, or both. At best, you get the default, nondescript guy. XD

doidera

Jun 11, 2017

But, just out of curiosity:
Are the two universes very incompatible or would it be possible to make a "yuriverse" shared between the two games? Even if it's just for fun and roll some more cameos?

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
But, just out of curiosity:
Are the two universes very incompatible or would it be possible to make a "yuriverse" shared between the two games? Even if it's just for fun and roll some more cameos?
I think chekkingames and I have posted about this before here.
Cameos and little easter eggs will be the absolute limit - not because we wouldn't be interested in doing a collab or two, but because HS1 and HS2 are incompatible and any attempt at mixing the "art styles" would look horrible.
And then comes the issue of lore. Sunville is... a lot further removed from reality than YU is. Full-dive VR and advanced human cloning technology are very much set in the realm of science-fiction, and Sunvillian geopolitics (lol) and the mysterious absence of most of the male population are not easily explained away.

RyouHanabi

Jan 29, 2023
Gave it a try today, and so far the game seems fun! Keep it up! Nice to see Honey select stuff used somewhere else! But yeah as it was mentioned above HS guys design is cringe. Introducing a guy would feel so forced.

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
The next update, v0.56, will go public a week from now! If you'd like a little preview of what it contains (plus a little shameless self promotion), read on!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks everyone! <3

4.60 star(s) 17 Votes