RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
Wow, this is one of the best VNs I played. I don't know how I've never seen it before. Story and characters are very interesting.

Since talking about puzzles is all the rage these days apparently :p, I'd just like to say thank you to dev for including that Masonic Cipher puzzle simply because I learned something new:). I'd say such little puzzles/details fit well with the whole theme of the game.

I think there might be some bugs, though. It seems to be possible to select options that are not selectable normally because you don't have enough stat points. It's kind of a cheat. That mansion might be a little buggy too at the end, but I didn't dwell too much on it as I was able to get 100% anyway.

Reactions: EndlessNights

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Seriously, the cypher thing? Not cool.

"They were chocked to death". They is the wrong pronoun, only one person was "chocked to death". The they pronoun is for plural, more than one.

Last edited:

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
They has been the singular third person pronoun for an unknown sex in both colloquial and formal English for multiple centuries by now. Take your whining and shove it.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Seriously, the cypher thing? Not cool.

"They were chocked to death". They is the wrong pronoun, only one person was "chocked to death". The they pronoun is for plural, more than one.
If you should be pointing out anything it would be 'choked' not 'chocked.'

• Haha

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
Wow, this is one of the best VNs I played. I don't know how I've never seen it before. Story and characters are very interesting.

Since talking about puzzles is all the rage these days apparently :p, I'd just like to say thank you to dev for including that Masonic Cipher puzzle simply because I learned something new:). I'd say such little puzzles/details fit well with the whole theme of the game.

I think there might be some bugs, though. It seems to be possible to select options that are not selectable normally because you don't have enough stat points. It's kind of a cheat. That mansion might be a little buggy too at the end, but I didn't dwell too much on it as I was able to get 100% anyway.
I totally agree with you on the quality of the game and the puzzles!

Are you certain about the stat point thing? Which choices were selectable that shouldn't have been? One thing I noticed about the mansion sequence is that the stat requirements there are all pretty modest. I think the choices mostly just require you to have level 12 in a certain stat, and it's quite possible to have 12 or above in most of your stats on the same playthrough. I noticed I couldn't move the dresser (without using mana) on a playthrough when Caleb's strength was 11 -- that one at least functioned as expected.

EDIT: I think I found an example of what you were talking about. I was able to flip off Invictus without having 15 resilience. It was still quite satisfying, though!

This is definitely no biggie, but I did notice a typo in the mansion. If you show mercy to the being in the basement, Caleb says, "Keep threatning me and I'll make time." (It should be "threatening.")

Last edited:

everhardninja

Jan 12, 2021
Did anyone manage 100% completion? If so how, I clicked on the book shelf a couple of times but it said nothing interesting. Is it that or am I missing something else?

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
I think I found an example of what you were talking about. I was able to flip off Invictus without having 15 resilience. It was still quite satisfying, though!

This is definitely no biggie, but I did notice a typo in the mansion. If you show mercy to the being in the basement, Caleb says, "Keep threatning me and I'll make time." (It should be "threatening.")
Thanks for letting me know. I'll make sure to fix those issues.

Did anyone manage 100% completion? If so how, I clicked on the book shelf a couple of times but it said nothing interesting. Is it that or am I missing something else?
I think someone mentioned managing 120% completion, actually. That definitely needs to be fixed. But you can proceed with 60%+

slapsy

Aug 12, 2017
Is meeting Lilith the end of the current content? If so a screen or any form of notice would have been nice. If not I messed up and got no idea where :)

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
If you click symbol in lower left and then you click back arrow the game will advance dialogue by one line. It's probably not supposed to happen anyway, but it becomes a "cheat" on dialogue choice menu because it will advance dialogue even there without selecting a choice even if you don't have stats to select that choice.

Could you say what it was? Maybe I'm missing the same, also stuck on 90%
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That said, all the saves from mansion I reload now are showing 100%. I'm not sure if the game is registering all completed items though. I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing that yesterday when I made the saves, so this is a strange one.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Puzzles are fine, but try to ensure the solution is available in the title (Cypher hanging on a wall maybe). But this was the only issue I had with the title itself. The other part of my previous comment was not directed at the game developer, I look forward to seeing how the puzzle issue will be addressed if they continue to use them.

I would Quote comments, but different social groups have different functions. To be honest I gave up trying to figure them all out.
Got to agree, I am not a big fan of many, boring, excessive puzzles in games, but as long as you can get the solution by playing the game it's fine (considering how essential puzzles and puzzle minigames are to so many game series I like RE, Mas Effect, Bioshock etc..).
But the moment it turns from puzzles to be solved in the game to having to look up stuff in google, it basically stops being much of a puzzle and turns into a chore. Well, it is just one in this game (so far), so that's definitely not much of a chore. :)

It's nothing to be outraged about, though, so I hope nobody lumps me in with those getting all huffed up about it. Just giving my opinion about it, even though it seems to be mostly solved/decided.

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
If you click symbol in lower left and then you click back arrow the game will advance dialogue by one line. It's probably not supposed to happen anyway, but it becomes a "cheat" on dialogue choice menu because it will advance dialogue even there without selecting a choice even if you don't have stats to select that choice.
Wow, you're right. That's definitely a bug. The autoadvancing happens when you right click and go back with the mouse wheel as well. However, it doesn't seem to happen earlier in the game so something new this update must have broken things.

That said, all the saves from mansion I reload now are showing 100%. I'm not sure if the game is registering all completed items though. I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing that yesterday when I made the saves, so this is a strange one.
Hmm, I thought the 100% completion on all saves thing was intended behavior so you wouldn't have to go through the whole infiltration again on each playthrough if you didn't want to. I didn't get 100% on my first playthrough either...I ended up with 90% which the game remembered and carried over to my next run. I initially went into the house through the basement, but on my next playthrough I went in through the window and that's when I got to 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: RewindWorld

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Overall, a pretty good game. I think it could improve if the writing was tightened up a bit, it is a bit verbose.
The main character is a total edge lord, but he approaches it with the right amount of self-deprecation and humour.

The art is fine, you can see a lot of work went into the appearance of the characters, and mostly the result is that you don't constantly think about where you saw the models before, which is honestly a compliment in a genre where the same few models are used so extensively, that only the size of breasts and butts differentiate some characters in other games.

If there is one thing I found a bit weird, it's that if you consider the dev's statement about this being mostly a romance game when it comes to relationships, I find the choices you get as MC to find somewhat lacking.
When someone is as emotionally shattered as Brianna seems to be, the last thing I would do is let her do anything sexual.
Don't get me wrong, I can clearly see that the girls are supposed to have their own issues, whether it's Brianna or
Rayne, but this is about the MC, it's your character, personally I would have preferred to be able to turn this down, like I could any other sexual advances. And yes, I could just not have chosen to meet her, but I want to find out more about the character and the mere notion that this could lead to something NSFW, doesn't prepare you for the MC basically taking advantage of a very disturbed girl.

Apart from that the girl I found most visually appealling only wants an emotionless one-night stand, that kinda sucked (again, for me personally, because I liked how Odette looked so much, that I'd like her as a possible LI)

Also, loved the Jeanette (from VTM Bloodlines) cameo and calling her Swansong, was also nice, not sure how many other girls are influenced by VTM, I got a bit of Heather vibes from Brianna tbh. I call it a Jeanette Cameo, because Swansong doesn't continuously wear the costume.

Last edited:
Reactions: Regularus

slapsy

Aug 12, 2017
I mean there's a credits roll that says "to be continued in chapter 2." Maybe you skipped it?
okay, that seems to be my bad, but I even loaded back in a save and right in the dialog I'm dropped back to the start screen. I have not seen either of these two. But good to know I didn't miss anything, thanks :)

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
Hmm, I thought the 100% completion on all saves thing was intended behavior so you wouldn't have to go through the whole infiltration again on each playthrough if you didn't want to. I didn't get 100% on my first playthrough either...I ended up with 90% which the game remembered and carried over to my next run. I initially went into the house through the basement, but on my next playthrough I went in through the window and that's when I got to 100%.
Ah ok, I wasn't aware that's how it works. That's pretty convenient, actually.
Thanks for letting me know.

4.90 star(s) 56 Votes