Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
ScarlettAnn, yes. Does a lot of work on other games and her own stuff too.
I believe because ScarletAnn is busy, the idea for Siren was to create two games, and spaced the release cycles 1.5 to 2 months to give the artist plenty of time to get the art done for ToP, then Zombie Retreat. It is rumored Siren was or would like to do a 3rd game. I guess that all depends if Zombie Retreat does well, or fails to gain popularity.

Reactions: dussalant

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
I believe because ScarletAnn is busy, the idea for Siren was to create two games, and spaced the release cycles 1.5 to 2 months to give the artist plenty of time to get the art done for ToP, then Zombie Retreat. It is rumored Siren was or would like to do a 3rd game. I guess that all depends if Zombie Retreat does well, or fails to gain popularity.
People are willing to put up with the 1.5-2 month wait because it means that the releases aren't getting delayed and nobody is stressing because goals weren't being met. Going for an on/off basis with the releases of a game just means that art gets out on time and that it isn't the art that slows the release. It also adds a distraction while waiting for the other game to hit the latest version. Previously the art was a major issue for Siren and the animations weren't done even if the art was. Leading to either incomplete updates or delayes.
Even Nergal did this with UD and AZL, just so that the games weren't being delayed because the art wasn't done.

This is the first I've seen or heard of any new game though. Wouldn't be a good idea to pursue but I suppose it's possible since Siren wants to skip the 0.9 update for ToP and bump it to 1.0 with that being called the "lore" update. The game won't be done then but if decides that ToP should go on hiatus for any amount of time while he works on that update, a hypothetical third game would be on the cards I suppose.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
hypothetical third game would be on the cards I suppose.
The 3rd game like I said a rumor. Which I would interrupt as BS. I've seen this before from a number of Devs who have two games they're balancing. The 3rd game is just an idea getting written out on paper. If the 1st game is successful, the Dev may try a 2nd game they want to do while the ideas are there, if the 2nd doesn't well the Dev keeps a backup plan (if you will) for another game.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
The 3rd game like I said a rumor. Which I would interrupt as BS. I've seen this before from a number of Devs who have two games they're balancing. The 3rd game is just an idea getting written out on paper. If the 1st game is successful, the Dev may try a 2nd game they want to do while the ideas are there, if the 2nd does well the Dev keeps a backup plan (if you will) for another game.
I get you, it's just hearsay. Besides that ZR seems to be doing well enough, Siren's even planning to add different tiers for the Patreon so all-in-all things for the game look rather good.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

sentenz

Sep 21, 2017
Just because it's your personal opinion doesn't mean I can't tell you it's wrong. And as for the 2 games, most of the time issues with that are solely regarding the artists, not the dev himself.
Opinions can be different... not wrong. You could try to change my mind and therefor my opinion of course but after what you said just now and in previous posts of yours i highly doubt that you are capable.

So be a good lad and leave it be because this will end up off-topic.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Somebody pointed out that the MC is basically a young Leon S. Kennedy.
We need art of this A.S.A.P. because that's too funny not to follow up on.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Not sure what that would entail... him hunting oversized Aligators in some abondened Sever system?
or simply by wearing some kind of RCPD uniform? :þ
(RE2 one of the last actual surviving Horror games of the Series...how nostalgic^^)

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Not sure what that would entail... him hunting oversized Aligators in some abondened Sever system?
or simply by wearing some kind of RCPD uniform? :þ
(RE2 one of the last actual surviving Horror games of the Series...how nostalgic^^)
Either or are good to be honest.
I just can't help but think of the kid giving off cheesy lines, wearing that R.C.P.D. uniform and fighting things way, way above his grade.
It just needs to happen man.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Doomskull

Sep 13, 2017

Hey guys! Just giving another progress report on what's going on with the next build!
== Beta 0.1 ==

Town of Passion 0.7 is finished ( ) so now attention is shifting into 0.1.

All of the mandatory art is already completed! Currently, I'm just waiting on scenes to be animated as well as a possible set of additional art.

== Release Info ==

Release date will be around late June. I've got a clear vision on what needs to be finished so it should be a smooth release. It's mostly just waiting on animations at this point but I think that's plenty of time to get things done.

== New Tiers ==

Once June starts, I'm going to introduce two new tiers. If you follow Town of Passion, these will be very familiar!

$5 Tier = Early Beta Test Group:
This tier receives a new build up to 3 days early. The point here is to test the build on a slightly smaller scale and make sure there are no major glitches/sequence breaks. If there are, that usually gives me enough time to fix them before the public release (3 days after)

$10 Tier = HQ Hardcore Scenes:
This tier receives a download shortly after every new build that has all of the scenes in their natural resolution. Originally, Scarlett was creating the scenes in the standard resolution of the game but newer scenes are now a bit larger. This reward's 'value' grows with every build so it's a good tier to come back to every couple of months.

These tiers seem to work well for Town of Passion so I figured ZR could follow a similar trend. It helps raise more funding for the game and provides you guys with additional perks!

That's everything for this update! I see you guys with the next one soon! Thank you all for your continued support!

guys where can I find Walkthrough?
There isn't one, it's v1. Figure it out yourself, it's not hard.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Oh shit, forgot to update:
2312412312.png
This is the new girl Natasha, she apparently has a sister somewhere in the resort.
The art for the update is done, Siren has it all but there is a lot to be done code-wise from the feedback given on the Alpha build.
As we all know the tentative release date for this is going to be the 22nd of this month for the "tester" version.
That was basically the update.

AmethyXia

Apr 17, 2018
This "Alpha V2" version make me suck. so much glitch on it and some bug.
This game support joystick, but when I use it I can't control navigation buttons.
Some error when I try to load the game and when I try to close pause menu.
I hope the next version will much better

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes