MrHanni

Feb 19, 2019
Wait, how do I get shotgun ammo? I can't craft it despite obtaining the Advanced Crafting Book thingy..
You can find ammo randomly in search points, it's a drop if you scavenge with Jessie and I think you can trade it with her.
It's not that better than the other weapons so don't bother with it much

MRXS

Dec 12, 2018
Me: *Open the door...
Jessie: Don't you dare open that door!
Me: or what?
Jessie: I'll shoot your face with my shotgun!
Me: wait!
Jessie: ???
Me: Let's trade it
Jessie: okay...

*trade

Me: SinQ/CosQ
Jessie: what?
Me: That mean "see ya b***h!" *Bang!
Jessie: *die...
Me: F**k yeah no one can stop me now !
Game Dev: *i'm about end this man whole carrer...

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone please explain the differences between easy, standard, and hardcore?. Does it affect what you see or does it just make certain aspects or levels harder to reach?.

NVM, I finally found this:

I added 3 difficulty options to Zombie's Retreat! There is Easy, Standard, and Hardcore.
Easy: Meant for players who aren't as interested in playing the game and want to experience the scenes. This difficulty allows you
to use an OPTIONAL cheat station where you can give yourself a bunch of ammo & resources to avoid scavenging.
Standard: The default intended way to play. The same game that you all have been used to!
Hardcore: Intended for fans looking for a challenge. Resource consumption is stronger, health upgrades are unavailable.

IMPORTANT: The difficulties WILL be tweaked over time. I'll gauge feedback on areas that feel too difficult, too easy, or not
challenging enough given the right criteria. Expect areas of the game to change over time on both Easy & Hardcore.

Last edited:

RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
The Boombox boss is a pain. My screen doesn't give enough brightness (even turned up to 100%) to see anything to let me get to the candles to light up the room, it's just a guessing game. And even then, even when I'm sure I'm next to the candles (sometimes I just stand next to them and not move, taking a hit from the boss), I can't seem to light them no matter how many times I hit the activate button.

Apr 19, 2020
The Boombox boss is a pain. My screen doesn't give enough brightness (even turned up to 100%) to see anything to let me get to the candles to light up the room, it's just a guessing game. And even then, even when I'm sure I'm next to the candles (sometimes I just stand next to them and not move, taking a hit from the boss), I can't seem to light them no matter how many times I hit the activate button.
I stayed in open areas and walked into the shining spots and it worked. The spots probably work like area transition zones.

Problem is you could hardly see either your character or the boss. The boss can be spotted by the moving white eye glow, but when boss is moving upwards, you see the back of his head and not the eyes!
Can't see the walls or obstructions either, so I easily get stuck in a corner eating free hits (android controls) so forced to reload.

Flower sneaking puzzle area was bad too. Zombie line of sight isn't blocked by ledges, zombie random move instead of patrols, no weapons, and 2hp, it means if I aggro'd a zombie once, I must reload. That part was a reload fest.

RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
I stayed in open areas and walked into the shining spots and it worked. The spots probably work like area transition zones.

Problem is you could hardly see either your character or the boss. The boss can be spotted by the moving white eye glow, but when boss is moving upwards, you see the back of his head and not the eyes!
Can't see the walls or obstructions either, so I easily get stuck in a corner eating free hits (android controls) so forced to reload.

Flower sneaking puzzle area was bad too. Zombie line of sight isn't blocked by ledges, zombie random move instead of patrols, no weapons, and 2hp, it means if I aggro'd a zombie once, I must reload. That part was a reload fest.
I actually did the boss just a few moments ago. Went to the menu, and select an item like a medicinal herb but don't use it so I stay in the menu which shows the brownish menu background over the actual game. Since the menu screen is a bit transparent the color actual illuminated the game a little bit. Not a whole lot mind you but enough for me to see where I was, where the zombie was and where the candles were.

Andonthatday

Feb 12, 2020
Oh man, playing this on android makes this unnecessarily hard.

Guy can't look in the correct direction, randomly stops while walking, literally can't sprint and can't necessarily shoot either. The joys of a touchscreen interface.
When the zombies respawned my jaw dropped.:eek:

Thank god cheat mode exists.
Go to settings of the game in Android, you can toggle always dash on or off.

Andonthatday

Feb 12, 2020
It makes movement even more inaccurate since I'll miss by 2 squares rather than 1.
You should try it on android, touchscreen borkedness has to be played to be believed.
I did actually the whole game. Yeah it's messy but way less messier than other android ganes here. I mean I tried this Nano Control game and ...ouch, now THAT was awful on android.

Atleast we can use cheats

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes