Wetdreamwalker

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2021
Hello everyone! I am the developer of the game. I see that many of you have not read previous posts. I’m creating a new script for the game. I plan to see the rewritten version appear on this page in a few days. One moment please. And I want to apologize to everyone I hurt with the game. I am still a very beginner in this ‘industry’.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I am still a very beginner in this ‘industry’.
and being a beginner stops you from using your brain? I mean how else would you come to the conclusion that copying the whole script of another game is a good idea?
Sorry, but every little bit of backlash you get here is self inflicted and absolutely deserved.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
and being a beginner stops you from using your brain? I mean how else would you come to the conclusion that copying the whole script of another game is a good idea?
Sorry, but every little bit of backlash you get here is self inflicted and absolutely deserved.
Yes, you as the paragon of rightness are absolutely right, why let someone make amends after recieving backlash? no! let's just never ever forget it and dogpile on the dude endlessly, wait, i have a better idea!! let's drive him off the plataform instead of following Lola's advice
The funniest thing about this whole thread . . .
If people would read existing comments, instead of assuming they've made an original observation, we'd still be on page 1.
At this point i wonder if i'm one of the few who can recognize that keeping the hate train going will end up in warnings or bans because now it seems to be more related to hurt feelings that righteous need for vindication

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Yes, you as the paragon of rightness are absolutely right, why let someone make amends after recieving backlash? no! let's just never ever forget it and dogpile on the dude endlessly, wait, i have a better idea!! let's drive him off the plataform instead of following Lola's advice
It's not that easy my friend. A thief getting caught stealing jewels in a shop won't just get away by saying "Oh, whoops, looks like I did something bad, sorry, I didn't know". That's just not how it works.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
It's not that easy my friend. A thief getting caught stealing jewels in a shop won't just get away by saying "Oh, whoops, looks like I did something bad, sorry, I didn't know". That's just not how it works.
That's not the same though, this guy didn't 'steal' anything from YOU, also this whole matter has nothing to do with you or your game so im not sure why you are getting involved in it.

Reactions: AdamJohn36

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
That's not the same though, this guy didn't 'steal' anything from YOU, also this whole matter has nothing to do with you or your game so im not sure why you are getting involved in it.
It IS the same and I don't need to be the "victim" to not like such behaviour. By the way, why did YOU get involved again?

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
It IS the same and I don't need to be the "victim" to not like such behaviour. By the way, why did YOU get involved again?
How is someone stealing a script from a VN as bad as someone stealing jewels? And the only reason i got involved is because you seem to be carrying it on for no reason like it's your problem. The guy has said he's sorry so if the guy who got his script stolen still has a problem with it leave it so them to sort out, now i'm done.

Reactions: AdamJohn36

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
How is someone stealing a script from a VN as bad as someone stealing jewels? And the only reason i got involved is because you seem to be carrying it on for no reason like it's your problem. The guy has said he's sorry so if the guy who got his script stolen still has a problem with it leave it so them to sort out, now i'm done.
How is it not as bad? Because it's not physical? Because it doesn't have the same value for you? Do you think selling a copy of a painting as the original is a nice thing to do? "OH, sorry, I didn't know that selling a copy of the Mona Lisa as original was a bad thing..."
I don't get why you need to defend that guy, the whole story is a 1:1 copy and the dev even asks money for that. Afaik the original dev was never asked, not mentioned in the OP, nothing. If you don't get why that's wrong, then sorry, I don't know what to tell you.
Also I was simply showing my displeasure for the devs actions and would've taken my leave if I wasn't quoted.
Btw to make this clear, I'm NOT against making amends, but you can't expect people to forgive and forget before that even happened.
Show, don't tell!

D'arKagnan

Jun 21, 2021
How is it not as bad? Because it's not physical? Because it doesn't have the same value for you? Do you think selling a copy of a painting as the original is a nice thing to do? "OH, sorry, I didn't know that selling a copy of the Mona Lisa as original was a bad thing..."
I don't get why you need to defend that guy, the whole story is a 1:1 copy and the dev even asks money for that. Afaik the original dev was never asked, not mentioned in the OP, nothing. If you don't get why that's wrong, then sorry, I don't know what to tell you.
Also I was simply showing my displeasure for the devs actions and would've taken my leave if I wasn't quoted.
Btw to make this clear, I'm NOT against making amends, but you can't expect people to forgive and forget before that even happened.
Show, don't tell!
1: 1? Have you played this game? Or are you just slapping? Please summarize the story of the two games for me in one sentence. I would like to hear.
I'm a game developer too. I also envy the success of other games. But there is a limit to everything.

D'arKagnan

Jun 21, 2021
This game is much more than an MNF copy. Everyone knows this and that’s why he gets plenty of attacks. If the game developer rewrites the script, you will look for a different attack surface. Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate people who deliberately try to trap other games in the mud.

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
So profiiting off others blood sweat and tears is all good for you...ok bought a few models and background in daz...that costs a bit...but NO CREATIVE input needed...the script is day 1 MNF...hell I laughed at the atempt to change the dad into the aunt and kept saying he...you're backing the wrong team here. If you think this is ok...think abou if you speant countless hours developing a game jus to have someone try to "reinvent it" with new models...doubt you'd be ok if they're monitizing it.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Sorry that I have to post something here again but I think some people are not understanding what this is all about. I think the easiest way to show it off is to give you an example.

1628749703415.png

Left is My New Family day 1, Right is 16 years later day one. And it goes like that for the whole script of his game. But it doesn't stop there. I initially didn't want to do this but WetDreamWalker actually send me a DM here, this one:

This was after he already said he wants to change things, but also where he made this post on patreon saying "but only as many as are needed." So, basically everything?

And it doesn't stop there. All of his render names contain "MNF":

1628750131930.png

I don't know, I'm not someone that wants to attack people at all but defending this kind of behavior is also not correct. If he stands by his words, good, but the DM he send me shows different things. Not going to post here anymore but it's really disheartening to see that copying something 1:1 and just changing one word here or there is actually encouraged. Taking inspiration is one thing, like I said all of the devs probably took inspiration from something. But at least some of us did our best to give it our own take, not simply copying dialogues 1:1.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
1: 1? Have you played this game? Or are you just slapping? Please summarize the story of the two games for me in one sentence. I would like to hear.
I'm a game developer too. I also envy the success of other games. But there is a limit to everything.
This game is much more than an MNF copy. Everyone knows this and that’s why he gets plenty of attacks. If the game developer rewrites the script, you will look for a different attack surface. Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate people who deliberately try to trap other games in the mud.
I guess you're the who didn't play both games. The game is not even a ripoff, it's a copy, look at the example killer posted and if that isn't enough for you, then look at the scripts.
If you really endorse such a thing, then shame on you too.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Sorry that I have to post something here again but I think some people are not understanding what this is all about. I think the easiest way to show it off is to give you an example.

View attachment 1348297

Left is My New Family day 1, Right is 16 years later day one. And it goes like that for the whole script of his game. But it doesn't stop there. I initially didn't want to do this but WetDreamWalker actually send me a DM here, this one:

This was after he already said he wants to change things, but also where he made this post on patreon saying "but only as many as are needed." So, basically everything?

View attachment 1348305

I don't know, I'm not someone that wants to attack people at all but defending this kind of behavior is also not correct. If he stands by his words, good, but the DM he send me shows different things. Not going to post here anymore but it's really disheartening to see that copying something 1:1 and just changing one word here or there is actually encouraged. Taking inspiration is one thing, like I said all of the devs probably took inspiration from something. But at least some of us did our best to give it our own take, not simply copying dialogues 1:1.
After seeing that private message he sent you and secretly wanting to continue to keep your script and bribing you with money on the side has made me regret trying to somewhat defend him.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018

View attachment 1348297

View attachment 1348305

I'm really torn with this game, I like the models but it clearly is a copy of MNF and a bad one on top of that because the few lines the Dev wrote himself are trash.

If Wetdreamwalker really is such a big fan of MNF he should have just asked if you allow him to make a Daz remake of MNF, I think that would have been better than just make a bad copy and hope to get away with it.

Wetdreamwalker

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2021
Hi everybody! The rewritten version is free for anyone to download from my patreon page.

Reactions: Ozzfest
3.70 star(s) 77 Votes