ggregger33

Mar 19, 2021
Just completed my play through. The imagery from one picture to another was a bit choppy but was not bad. What was most distracting to me was the grammar. I am not good at spelling and such but when I was trying to read the lines it was very distracting. If that can be fixed by a good proof reader I think you are on an ok path. Yes the story has been played multiple times but its not bad in any way.

gromit43

Nov 16, 2017
the game is very good to play but i know english is not your first language but you have some spelling mistakes like as in him when talking about aunty not her or she when you say he but from that keep up the good work

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
I'm amused how many people on a pirate site complain about theft.

Having said that, if the creator really isn't competent enough to write a story, there are plenty of writers and coders that are looking for artists. I personally like the look of the characters and think the artist could be successful. I'm also willing to wait to see if the next update this is scrapped and something new and original (or at least as original as this site ever gets) gets put in its place.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020

Having said that, if the creator really isn't competent enough to write a story, there are plenty of writers and coders that are looking for artists. I personally like the look of the characters and think the artist could be successful. I'm also willing to wait to see if the next update this is scrapped and something new and original (or at least as original as this site ever gets) gets put in its place.
Wow, didn't realize there was a recruitment section. Great idea. I always see really talented Daz artists saying they would create a game if they had help writing, and always think it's a shame they can't find someone

elle21

Jul 22, 2019
Mmm idk, I get the vibe like I'm playing MY NEW FAMILY but it's just switch Mc from brother to dad XD anyone else think too?

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
Sorry that I have to post something here again but I think some people are not understanding what this is all about. I think the easiest way to show it off is to give you an example.

View attachment 1348297

Left is My New Family day 1, Right is 16 years later day one. And it goes like that for the whole script of his game. But it doesn't stop there. I initially didn't want to do this but WetDreamWalker actually send me a DM here, this one:

This was after he already said he wants to change things, but also where he made this post on patreon saying "but only as many as are needed." So, basically everything?

And it doesn't stop there. All of his render names contain "MNF":

View attachment 1348305

I don't know, I'm not someone that wants to attack people at all but defending this kind of behavior is also not correct. If he stands by his words, good, but the DM he send me shows different things. Not going to post here anymore but it's really disheartening to see that copying something 1:1 and just changing one word here or there is actually encouraged. Taking inspiration is one thing, like I said all of the devs probably took inspiration from something. But at least some of us did our best to give it our own take, not simply copying dialogues 1:1.
This is how you prove a point instead of just upvoting people refusing to defend the dev after saying that you're giving him a second chance
It's not that easy my friend. A thief getting caught stealing jewels in a shop won't just get away by saying "Oh, whoops, looks like I did something bad, sorry, I didn't know". That's just not how it works.
There's this thing called evidence which can give a ton of context, i wouldn't mind if i made something and was ripped off as long as the one that did it was willing to stop, hell it is something i'd probably do as well as i already stated that there have been remakes of older stories made by people not associated with the og dev/author since the story or grammar could be a mess, hell even engine could be obtuse enough to be off-putting but with the evidence shown, you can argue that it was actually done on purpose to rip people off.
That's not the same though, this guy didn't 'steal' anything from YOU, also this whole matter has nothing to do with you or your game so im not sure why you are getting involved in it.
I'm well aware that you managed to shift your perspective after the evidence shown, but this point is very bad regardless as this could be used to defend todd howard and bethesda in general for the mess that they've done, which includes doxxing btw along with yandev who have picked fights with people being critical of him, this argument even extends to irl crimes like being mugged or Activision Blizzard's kerfufle.

You know that these kind of kinetic novels/visual novels use a character generator akin to Honey Select and Koikatu party, right? is like you're calling someone who makes an RPG maker game by using around 90% of the default assets a "game developer"

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
You know that these kind of kinetic novels/visual novels use a character generator akin to Honey Select and Koikatu party, right? is like you're calling someone who makes an RPG maker game by using around 90% of the default assets a "game developer"
Umm, yes. That person would in fact be a game developer because the person (or people if its a team) developed a game. Even if a person is using some else's engine and assets, by putting it together in the order it is put together it is in fact creating a game. Just leaving the game engine and assets in a folder does not in fact cause it to spotaneously generate games of different types and styles. I'm sure you could probably get a game that is designed by an AI and randomly puts things together, and if so I'd also call that AI a game developing AI. If you are such a purest that to be labeled a game designer you must create everything (assets, engines, the hardware being used, the programing language, etc.) from scratch then I acknowledge your opinion and completely disagree with it.

Also, the models look to me like Daz which is a much more frustrating engine for character design. But even then, regardless of which imaging engine is being used, it still takes time to pose, light, choose camera angle, and render to fit the story being told (even if its a completely stolen story as this case is). Just because something is not drawn freehand does not make it less artful or well designed/laid out. The entire purpose of using tools like HS or Daz or RPGM is to aid the creator in putting out something when limited skills sets prevents a person from being the best in everything.

All of that is completely off topic from this particular game and creator.

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
I enjoyed it, look forward to more and the models are delicious
If its just the models you like then enjoy. If you like the story then try My New Family, that's where 98% of the dialogue came from for this game and its MUCH further along in development. The "artwork" is different, but the story and dialogue are almost identical...only difference is in MNF you play the brother/son (which males more sense for some of the dialogue if you think about it.)

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hey, I guess. This is weird, but I just wanted to say a few words about the game.

I've been working with WetdreamWalker on helping him change up his game. At first I just visited this page to check up the game. Saw all the comparisons on My New Family, and had a laugh about it. Well, until, I think Killer7 confirmed that it was essentially a carbon copy. I offered the Dev some words of encouragement that if he wants to change his game, then he should start by heavily changing his approach and especially the introduction of the game. He later rewrote his intro and he asked if I would like to help him on the game. I said, I don't mind looking over it. While the story skeleton of the first chapter is much same, he went and changed the dialogue. After the first day, it's completely original (as original as Incest stories can be) and I took the, at times barely readable English, into more proper English (I hope). I've been trying to help him transform his story into something original.

He's committed, but is also a little scared that people will still ONLY know him as the person who copied My New Family. I decided that I wanted to help him, so that's on me. But, if you guys who are still sticking around can give the next update another chance, it'd be much appreciated. I'm not saying it's gonna knock your socks off (at first) but I think we morph this game into a workable and enjoyable game.

Now, I'm NOT for plagiarism. In fact, I detest it. I wouldn't be working with Wetdreamwalker if I thought he'd do it again. That said, I haven't played every game in the known universe, if for some reason there is anything untoward, feel free to speak up. Second chances are hard to get, but I doubt he'd do it again. If it happens, then I'll also drop it.

Lastly, if anyone does show any interest, the new update (with my editing) is coming out to the public in a couple of days. Forgive me if there are some typos, I was kind of starved for time. You can bet I'll tighten up those sentences in the next update.

Thanks for listening. Thought it'd be weird. Definitely was. Have a nice day!

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
If its just the models you like then enjoy. If you like the story then try My New Family, that's where 98% of the dialogue came from for this game and its MUCH further along in development. The "artwork" is different, but the story and dialogue are almost identical...only difference is in MNF you play the brother/son (which males more sense for some of the dialogue if you think about it.)
Dialogue was changed. First by the Dev, then edited by me :)
There will be an new update in a couple of days. Judge me and the Dev's writing again then.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Hey, I guess. This is weird, but I just wanted to say a few words about the game.

I've been working with WetdreamWalker on helping him change up his game. At first I just visited this page to check up the game. Saw all the comparisons on My New Family, and had a laugh about it. Well, until, I think Killer7 confirmed that it was essentially a carbon copy. I offered the Dev some words of encouragement that if he wants to change his game, then he should start by heavily changing his approach and especially the introduction of the game. He later rewrote his intro and he asked if I would like to help him on the game. I said, I don't mind looking over it. While the story skeleton of the first chapter is much same, he went and changed the dialogue. After the first day, it's completely original (as original as Incest stories can be) and I took the, at times barely readable English, into more proper English (I hope). I've been trying to help him transform his story into something original.

He's committed, but is also a little scared that people will still ONLY know him as the person who copied My New Family. I decided that I wanted to help him, so that's on me. But, if you guys who are still sticking around can give the next update another chance, it'd be much appreciated. I'm not saying it's gonna knock your socks off (at first) but I think we morph this game into a workable and enjoyable game.

Now, I'm NOT for plagiarism. In fact, I detest it. I wouldn't be working with Wetdreamwalker if I thought he'd do it again. That said, I haven't played every game in the known universe, if for some reason there is anything untoward, feel free to speak up. Second chances are hard to get, but I doubt he'd do it again. If it happens, then I'll also drop it.

Lastly, if anyone does show any interest, the new update (with my editing) is coming out to the public in a couple of days. Forgive me if there are some typos, I was kind of starved for time. You can bet I'll tighten up those sentences in the next update.

Thanks for listening. Thought it'd be weird. Definitely was. Have a nice day!
That's great of you to help him. I'll give this game a chance, as I do with all F-D games :LOL: Any plans to alter the character designs at all to make them look a bit younger? The oldest daughter looks way too old to me, older than the Dad even.

Reactions: fz and Larry2000

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
That's great of you to help him. I'll give this game a chance, as I do with all F-D games :LOL: Any plans to alter the character designs at all to make them look a bit younger? The oldest daughter looks way too old to me, older than the Dad even.
I don't do the renders myself, but I"ll make sure to give WDW this feedback. That was actually one of my first pieces of feedback actually. In the next update he updates the model, not a big fan to be honest, but then again, I haven't talked to him about it. I've played 0.2 and it's the next 2 days. It's not super ambitious yet, but I hope that we can work on character personality on the next one. I did my best to add some in the dialogue based on my intuition with what the Dev wrote since English is not his native language. The text I was given was basic in it's structure and very direct. I put it upon myself to give the characters some varied dialogue (with varying levels of success). This is still to be iterated on in the following update.

Hope you like it :)

Reactions: BigDaddyDom and fz

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
16 Years Later v0.2 - Walkthrough Mod v0.1

Features:
Highlights the best choices in green.​
Adds additional choice options to view more content.​
Adds an Incest choice (daughters or stepdaughters).​
Adds a Replay feature.​

Download: Workupload

i don't know if game has problem or your mod but, after installing you wt mod almost all renders are missing

3.70 star(s) 77 Votes