m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I don't usually play text-based games (since 80'es).

But this game format is OK with me. Pics are cute, more or less. The story is dramatic enough to be captivating.

Anyways, a few bugs in season 2:

script.rpy Line 137
Code:
"We also followed the life of the promising tennis player [st] in season 1"
Should be [s]

script.rpy Line 152
Code:
"[u] believed that [u] and [v] would be perfect for each other and she knew that [s] was attracted to him so she decided to play matchmaker."
Should be: [u] believed that [s]

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
I am so glad that you are playing my games m0us3r

You are giving the feedback that will make the game better. Wish there was more people like you here! (y)

Reactions: BeastMaster59

Pizzapockets

Jan 13, 2019
I hate when dev's split games into parts to appease people with shitty internet. Update patches also would have been a better way to alleviate file size instead of "seasons"

Reactions: kaneeden

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
I hate when dev's split games into parts to appease people with shitty internet. Update patches also would have been a better way to alleviate file size instead of "seasons"
Season 1 was a completed story. After I had finished the story I realized that I wanted to make another story based on the characters I had created in the first season. I also at the end of season 1 got a better understanding of how to build a story like this so I decided I wanted to make another season. It is possible to play the second season without playing the first, but you will of course have a better understanding of the characters if you have played the first season.

That being said you are absolutely right about the size could be a issue if we managed to make this into a visual novel with good renders. Each season will be around 10 hours of gameplay and thousands of pictures so it's probably smart to split it up because of that. But at the moment this 60mb game with placeholder pictures doesn't need to be spilt into two parts for that reason :sneaky:

It's also worth mentioning that season 2 starts a few months after where season 1 ended so it's a natural break between season 1 and season 2

D

Deleted member 3116788

I really want to get can't this game. But without some animations or some ever naughty images its hard.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Yes, text based can be good, beut then its not renpy who is used, mostly HTML.
Then, few images or pure descriptions are arlight, after all, back in the 80 who main option was choice based books, each with a story Thor better said theme.

These days they are still quite some text only games out there, most doing good as to development.

Some are even getting traction and so money, even if no idea how much.
To have an idea, look over play store where a dedicated tag exist..

No idea of the situation over win and apple but tablet and phone do great with that.

Ruslan1

Jun 3, 2018
I've paid attention to this game a couple of times, but seeing the tag "text based" passed it by... So I thought I would check it out here... Read it all, then read all the comments, it's pretty sad that a good story (judging by the comments) sits at the bottom...

I had this thought (of course it's crazy and unlikely to happen) but still... There is such a game... No writing ability in principle, no text, but the graphics is one of the best of HS2, both images and animations...

And so I thought, how great would it be if they were combined? Great graphics and a great story. They could give birth to a masterpiece.

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
V0.19 was another great update, nice and long as always....
the only thing I really missed was Harper, hoping to see where there relation will lead too.

Reactions: Punto

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Ok played the new release, but got bored with the lack of graphics, the text base and pictures reminded me of 90's games, where I played in English and French, and actually met (fwb) some of the other players. Yet, I think you should hold off on this till you have some more graphics coordinated with the scenes. A lot of spelling errors, and verb tense errors, I can see what was supposed to have been said and can get past those, but they are there and need fixing too. I stopped after the School setting where the MC meets the other teachers and headmaster and Victor is getting setup for 3way with Olivia and Sarah.

Reactions: xxerikxx

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
I think you should hold off on this till you have some more graphics coordinated with the scenes. A lot of spelling errors, and verb tense errors, I can see what was supposed to have been said and can get past those, but they are there and need fixing too.
Yes, if/when I get someone to do the graphic the text will be adjusted/coordinated with the scenes. So, some of the text will be rewritten and some of the scenes will be changed completely based on feedback and where I see that there could be some improvement. I am aware that there are some spellings errors and hopefully I will also get some help in that department before a new release.

When we start making pictures for this game and adjusting the scenes, we will make that as a new release, and we will of course start with day 1 in season 1. So, there will probably be several years before we reach day 22 of season 2 where the story is now.

The story will not become better if I don't finish it, and the new release with pictures will not come faster if I stop writing. So, the only thing I can do now is finishing season 2 (I believe it will be 26 days of gameplay + multiple endings.) As the pictures come in I will adjust the scenes and hopefully we will be able to release at least day one of season one this spring.

I think if I stop writing season 2 now and try to finish it in 2-3 years then it will be very difficult. Now the story is very complexes with many side-stories based on players choices. During March season 2 will hopefully reached its conclusion and we will have a very good foundation for building the game with pictures.

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
Great update like always,and alot of reading and Background info with the horny folks....But:
I found out that I,m skipping alot of lines with the other relationships and concentrating on the story lines that have something to do with the MC,or the scenes with Harper, as long as it doesn't have anything do do with the MC is not very Interesting for me, don`t get me wrong, the story is great but I sometimes get lost with all these relationships, hope some of the folks start moving out and have a little smaller group of people,already said no to Josie and Melana & Carola and no teaching for Grace:p,to get rid of them before they start bangin on my door.

2.10 star(s) 12 Votes