3D-LOAD.NET ... Down??

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
For the sake of completeness and to act as a stopgap for interested parties perhaps we should consider mentioning those alternatives, i'll start with the obvious one, zonegfx, point based sadly but very comprehensive.
https://f95zone.to/threads/about-f95zone-and-how-to-find-game-assets-on-the-internet.33262/

As for which sites don't require memberships, is very much worth a look.

There's also and which are worth checking for older stuff (slow download speeds though...). Use Google for your search if you don't want to join, as ps-ds.info's search requires a membership to use... Also, English isn't the native language...

Reactions: Volta

gustaftoni

Nov 28, 2020
Guys, I lost everything, there was a disk failure, unfortunately I don't have any backup available , so I'll have to reup everything... I was stupid to not save it locally...
I know it's too late now, but it's never bad to spread the word:
Backup, backup, backup...
You ideally want 3 copies: the live production copy, a local backup, and a remote backup. Remote means at least 15 miles/20 Km from the production server.

It is my understanding that you own and manage your server. You might want to look into used enterprise servers to build a reliable machine. They come with a lot of benefits for 24/7 operation:
- Realtime monitoring via web browser (temperatures, failures, hardware status, remote OS control, remote startup and reboot... you name it)
- Status LEDs on most components, to know what's failing at-a-glance
- Redundant PSUs
- Error correcting RAM modules
- RAID cards that can recover disk failure (if configured properly)
- If the RAID card fails, you can usually replace it with another one from the same vendor and the disk array will be picked up automatically
- Most servers will accept pretty much any hard disk or SSD, so performance is not costly (SATA and SAS. NVMe exists but is only used where a combination of storage density and extreme performance is critical, so it's expensive - you might prefer to buy a Lamborghini for that money)
- Most maintenance can be performed with the system online. Changing disks (one at a time) is usually done this way, as well as replacing a dead PSU.
- Designed for fast maintenance: if you need to bring the server offline, most operations will be tool-less and done in a matter of minutes
- Extensive documentation. When in doubt, you can find precise instructions for any operation
- Cheap to acquire and even cheaper to maintain if you know where to look
- Fully supported for advanced configurations such as hypervisors etc.
- Just fancy computers: general purpose servers are not temperamental lions that will bite you if they sense your fear. They are slightly different, but essentially the same as your everyday PC.

Drawbacks:
- Power consumption is similar to or slightly higher than a topline workstation
- Noise might be an issue if you select the wrong server. Very old models are all noisy, 1U rack models are usually noisy, storage models are noisy (I mean 2U servers with 12LFF or 24SFF disk bays)
- 1 server is usually as big as 2 desktop towers, and most models are desinged to be placed in a rack
- Vendor lock-in: if you choose a server, you can install 3rd party components but the monitoring software might complain and/or the fans might go into jet mode. This does not apply to hard disks and SSDs (at least for mainstream servers. On very specialized hardware such as SAN nodes, the server will physically accept any disk. But if the disk is not on the HCL the disk controller will reject the disk and refuse to use it)
- Slow and noisy startup. A server checks lots of stuff before allowing the OS to start. This obviously includes fan operation at 100% for a short interval
- If you opt for an EOL model, you might install newer OSes and hypervisors, but you might encounter issues because you're outside of the officially supported configurations. This is important for businesses, not so much for home environments

This is just scratching the surface of the comparison, but you get the idea. It's like comparing a Humvee and a normal car.

I can send you a configuration for fun, I just need to know how much RAM, disk space and CPU power you need.

Reactions: Luderos

3dloadfan

Nov 30, 2020
Anon951 looks like your WP install has still got some issues - " There has been a critical error on your website", so the domain works, but the wordpress config is complaining, maybe a CNAME or A record issue?

3dloadfan

Nov 30, 2020
Thank you so much! I think it will take a long time, I lost 3 years of contents, the server now has a NVme SSD memory that should be much more durable, from now on I will do daily backups of the website...
yeah, i'm sorry for that...I should have a database dated February 2020, but all the other resources are missing
If you have the link database for the posts at least, I may be able to help write a script to collect the image assets. in fact, last time this happened I was worried and I wrote a screen scraper in case your site disappears. but thanks to your Cloudflare DDoS proxy, it took so long to get though the pages without getting the session cancelled, I gave up after a coulpe afternoons.

I think this time I'd like to once again offer my help if you'd like - network operators and ISPs are getting increasingly hard core about sites like this and you may some day need to switch away from wordpress or move physical server - and then what? It would be such a shame to lose all of this great uploaded links.

You're on namecheap? So they're in US or UK, who knows at what point someone tells them "hey, dont let people host such sites anymore or we will fine you" and poof, your site has to move in a hurry.

There are some steps you can take to avoid such a huge disaster in the future (I knew it was going to happen sometime).

so anyway, if you want some help on the technical side, let me know.

Anon951

Jul 26, 2019
Anon951 looks like your WP install has still got some issues - " There has been a critical error on your website", so the domain works, but the wordpress config is complaining, maybe a CNAME or A record issue?
yeah, maybe I have to set cloudflare nameserver to point in the domain

3dloadfan

Nov 30, 2020
basically what you want is a structured backup of the links, titles, descriptions, and images - in a generic database format. In your case, a CSV would totally do the trick. You caould probably also export a SQL dump from wordpress directly.

Most ols school developers think you need to save iamges in the file system and store only the file path, but that's not very portable. Instead, you can nowadays stroe iamges in a BLOB (binary large object) or if you save them as PNG you can even store them as raw text which is ecven easier. once encoded, this will become one single SQL file and you can load it into just about any platform with the click of a few buttons - this is the kind of stuff sites like piratebay and such do becuase they keep having to move hosts like very few weeks.

Anon951

Jul 26, 2019
basically what you want is a structured backup of the links, titles, descriptions, and images - in a generic database format. In your case, a CSV would totally do the trick. You caould probably also export a SQL dump from wordpress directly.

Most ols school developers think you need to save iamges in the file system and store only the file path, but that's not very portable. Instead, you can nowadays stroe iamges in a BLOB (binary large object) or if you save them as PNG you can even store them as raw text which is ecven easier. once encoded, this will become one single SQL file and you can load it into just about any platform with the click of a few buttons - this is the kind of stuff sites like piratebay and such do becuase they keep having to move hosts like very few weeks.
from now on i won't upload images to my server anymore, but to external servers like postimage or imgur. for backups i'm using a plugin called UpdraftPlus, it daily saves directly on google drive

3dloadfan

Nov 30, 2020
from now on i won't upload images to my server anymore, but to external servers like postimage or imgur. for backups i'm using a plugin called UpdraftPlus, it daily saves directly on google drive
ooh, you might come to regret this - but I understand you don't want to be charged for bandwidth. Seriously, imgur and so on all track HOST_REFERRER and they're going to throttle you after some time.

I hope at least you can maintain an offline backup of images. How much transfer bandwidth and disk space do your images need? I could look at writing you an endpoint for you and share the load (pun intended). Good think cloudflare has edge servers, but I doubt you're on a non-free account with them?

Spokerw

Nov 30, 2020
Anon951 thank a lot of your website ! hes actually the best i saw. Faster, more content ! It's insane.

Will you backup all the stuff ? :(

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Just a reminder to all 3d-load.net users. If you are only going to turn your Ad-Block off for one website, make that one website 3d-load.net! Help the brother out.

hitfel

Dec 9, 2019
He @Anon951 what is happening with you site? Half of the content is not visible.
Specialy the first pages. Started yesterday.

hitfel

Dec 9, 2019
Anon951
Ok I found out that the problem is the dark mode. When dark mode, Some images disappear. Maybe is also on my site!?!! Who knows

Last edited:

Network 34 Games

Developer of The Accidental Master
Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
I'd noticed the page formatting semed to have changed but that was about it. I know a LOT of images are missing for some of the really old stuff (back prior to the database hiccup a couple months ago) but other than that, no real issues.