HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Why was the game abandoned? Pretty decent story and animations.
it started to slow down when the dev got a 2nd IRL job then having only time for development on sunday or something
then:

Here is the message I was sent...

View attachment 2792409
when asked to comfirm his identity on patreon he refused to do so and closed his page due to fear off identity theft
from there it was a downward spiral,less content in long dev times

the final straw was when the dev sent his "work in progress" update to his old patreons via email along whit asking them not to "leak" it,because he himself wanted to do a public release.
about 4 weeks after that it got leaked (normally the game was on here within 1 week)

in a day or two someone posted that the dev got mad about that it got leaked and hes going to stop development entirely due to that
*you can read through the threads pages if you want more info*

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Tnx 4 the replies, was wondering y. I've noticed that a lot of games have been abandoned and some of them was really good

Some games aren't really abandoned so much as have a really slow development speed. Some games get marked as abandoned because it had been 3 or 4 months since the dev made a status update post and aren't nessarily abandoned. Some games just get abandoned because the devs didn't really have a planned ending. It's the reason why a lot of the completed games on this site have sloppy endings. Devs don't know how to end it or where the story is going and just keep making updates until they get tired of it and either abandon the project or just slap on an ending. A lot of devs also just do this as a side gig and most of the amateur devs underestimate how much work is involved.

From what it looks like here it's likely the dev didn't have time to work on the game after getting a second job and was just looking for an excuse to abandon the game and quit making games.

Feb 20, 2024
I would like to know how much Patreon lost people when they changed the style, that nowadays they want all the right information about people. I certainly wouldn't send anything over the net, precisely because it's easy to steal. Well it's a pretty shitty site anyway and this only benefits SS and others as people move to them.

Reactions: ash996
Dec 30, 2017
SonsOLiberty
ibell420
WICKEDp4th
HiHaHo
uamkt
andrew david irving
EG_Hugo

I am a game tester for DelveArt3d. I have been doing this for him for over a year. I just got out of a chatroom with him. This is one of the Sundays he would work on Agent 53X. He informed me today all work is stopping on Agent 53X, and he explained why.

I am not saying Delve is some genius but if someone had leaked a preview of the Apple iPhone before his 2007 announcement Steve Jobs would have gone ballistic.
All Dev’s can only control one thing. If they release their product. Once it is out, it’s out.

He was planning on releasing the content from 53X Homecoming - 0.2.8.1 (Day 31) in January with Day 32, Day 33 and new gallery pictures from his highest tier Patreon group. He added 20 new images for the gallery to be in the public release. His plan was to have January’s release the best he has done so far.

To me this is not someone who was looking to abandon his project that he has worked on for over 2 years. But that is the conversation that is going on here. That type of mentality is why he deleted his account on this site. He has built a website for the VN he was going to announce in January with the new release, it was www . agent53x . com. There was no way the Dev was planning on dumping the project no matter what people think.

I know there are people on here that will say I am just making this up, so I am adding some images that were going to be in the January release. This should give you an idea of what we lost because of our frenzy to leak something before it is officially released by the Dev.

And before you ask, I am not going to release the version I was testing. Delve is one of the nicest guys I have worked with on the internet. He has helped me with my attempt at a game even though he has very little time for his own.

From Day 32...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

can you mail me the last update? please...you are my last hope to finish this story.

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes