Xandoren

Oct 17, 2020
Honestly.... a lot of the options i.e. fake choices should be removed. For example the chores, it is kinda pointless and really only serves to pad the game making it seem longer than it is. Like if it really needs multi-routes fine, but should be more as a flat choice rather than a point system. since it doesn't seem to really do much besides a choice functionality.
I don't understand why you think the chores are pointless and should remove them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I don't understand why you think the chores are pointless and should remove them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
..... it is kinda self-explanatory. it is a pointless trigger to add.... if you gonna implement a chore system, you implement a proper system, not a O this will be coming back every now and then just cause. There are far better ways to do it, and it really only serves to pad the run time.

Take house chores for example, it isn't just some dialogueless thing that has images of MC doing chores to pad runtime, there is actual interaction with the person benefitting from the chore (although currently only one character benefits from the single chore you can do). i.e. it serves a proper function and adds to the story. Not just to reuse renders of only MC on the same repeating chores to pad runtime.

Don't get me wrong, the issue isn't having a chore system, the issue is that it is so basic and bare bones, that it is just wasting time, a better system that provides the same functionality but could actually add to the story would be to just ask who the play should spend time with. and then you can actually have some renders people would care to look at. And pad runtime less obviously.

Reactions: dingdong84

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
..... it is kinda self-explanatory. it is a pointless trigger to add.... if you gonna implement a chore system, you implement a proper system, not a O this will be coming back every now and then just cause. There are far better ways to do it, and it really only serves to pad the run time.

Take house chores for example, it isn't just some dialogueless thing that has images of MC doing chores to pad runtime, there is actual interaction with the person benefitting from the chore (although currently only one character benefits from the single chore you can do). i.e. it serves a proper function and adds to the story. Not just to reuse renders of only MC on the same repeating chores to pad runtime.

Don't get me wrong, the issue isn't having a chore system, the issue is that it is so basic and bare bones, that it is just wasting time, a better system that provides the same functionality but could actually add to the story would be to just ask who the play should spend time with. and then you can actually have some renders people would care to look at. And pad runtime less obviously.
To me this is a non issue but we all have different views on what is important. I find it interesting.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
To me this is a non issue but we all have different views on what is important. I find it interesting.
Well to use your profile pic as an example, this game plays as if it supposed to be like My new family, but with mechanics thrown in that aren't properly utilised and so just serves to pad the runtime. (not saying that is the intention btw, just the outcome).

Like when it comes to these kind of mechanics they are best served in more sandbox type games, but this game plays as a VN with optional routes. so chores feels thrown in.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Well to use your profile pic as an example, this game plays as if it supposed to be like My new family, but with mechanics thrown in that aren't properly utilised and so just serves to pad the runtime. (not saying that is the intention btw, just the outcome).

Like when it comes to these kind of mechanics they are best served in more sandbox type games, but this game plays as a VN with optional routes. so chores feels thrown in.
I just re read my words. I wasn't clear and that is my fault. When I said I find it interesting, I was referring to the things that irk people not the chores themselves.

I loathe grinding but making a "daily" choice for a little payoff or two doesn't really bug me. But I do understand your point. Atleast this one has sorta of a point or a pay off.

I play one where you can "get ready" every morning but to my knowledge it does absolutely nothing even when done "daily". Now that one did make me go :unsure:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I just re read my words. I wasn't clear and that is my fault. When I said I find it interesting, I was referring to the things that irk people not the chores themselves.

I loathe grinding but making a "daily" choice for a little payoff or two doesn't really bug me. But I do understand your point. Atleast this one has sorta of a point or a pay off.

I play one where you can "get ready" every morning but to my knowledge it does absolutely nothing even when done "daily". Now that one did make me go :unsure:
Ah.... yeah I was really only talking about the chores in this.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Genuine question, I followed the Walkthrough, but I never had the choice for Version 6. What gives ? I never had the " A) Tell her it was good. B) Tell her it was not for you. " choices. How do I get to that scene exactly ? What exact choices do I need to make ?

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Genuine question, I followed the Walkthrough, but I never had the choice for Version 6. What gives ? I never had the " A) Tell her it was good. B) Tell her it was not for you. " choices. How do I get to that scene exactly ? What exact choices do I need to make ?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Ok, I am new to this site but I don't understand why my post gets deleted for passing on a request from the dev of this game. Is that something we are not supposed to do?
Usually it states a reason on the notice. I.e. off topic etc.

3.30 star(s) 77 Votes