bginysta

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really confused the game ends at the exact same point as before for me. I've tried reinstalling it a few times and nothing is different

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Sigh, yet another where old saves don't work. The only bad thing about Ren'py is how any minor change to certain things does that.

Reactions: mentore

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
is scrappy on vacation?? because a bunch of his mods are not being updated, in his usual manner. so was curious if this will be updated, dropped? or is he selecting fewer or 'better' games to mod. i like this game, but i find it more enjoyable with a WT mod. fun to play but not so much re- re- re- re-play, ... without a quick pick mod..

• Wow
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

Xandoren

Oct 17, 2020
All my saves start with a rollback error - as others are reporting the same, I'll wait for a fix.
How come none of the patrons have reported this?
I have not had any issue with the PC down load from the dev site. I do not run mods, could it be a mod that is causing the issue?

Xandoren

Oct 17, 2020
I'm really confused the game ends at the exact same point as before for me. I've tried reinstalling it a few times and nothing is different
Each update I have seen ends with the MC going to sleep. If he is sleeping in his own bed the it may feel like it is the same. I try to make a save when I see the day screen like this...

1618267439102.png

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Sigh, yet another where old saves don't work. The only bad thing about Ren'py is how any minor change to certain things does that.
All my saves start with a rollback error - as others are reporting the same, I'll wait for a fix.

It's not Ren'py that is the problem, it's the devs not understanding how important the .rpyc files are for making saves compatible. All of mine were breaking too, so I took the last .rpyc from the last update and placed it in the game folder of this update, and it loaded my save just like it should. If you want to extract the file and put it in the game folder of your game to make your save work.

You save has to be from the end of the last update though for it to work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MattShizzle

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
only rollback i got was my last save was to close to the end of the last update .. i just loaded ... to my next save back and it worked for me

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
LOL my neck hurts from rubbernecking that sex scene between the MC and his stepmom at 75 MPH, if you know what I mean! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: ImperialD

ravensoftbuns

Nov 9, 2020
It's not Ren'py that is the problem, it's the devs not understanding how important the .rpyc files are for making saves compatible. All of mine were breaking too, so I took the last .rpyc from the last update and placed it in the game folder of this update, and it loaded my save just like it should. If you want to extract the file and put it in the game folder of your game to make your save work.

You save has to be from the end of the last update though for it to work.
I do know you had to have a save from 0.1.2 or newer to work. It was talked about in posts in this forum a few months ago. If .rpyc files are the issue why did it not crash for all users? I have not had any issues with this update but again I don't use mods and my saves are from the last update.

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
I do know you had to have a save from 0.1.2 or newer to work. It was talked about in posts in this forum a few months ago. If .rpyc files are the issue why did it not crash for all users? I have not had any issues with this update but again I don't use mods and my saves are from the last update.
It could be multiple reasons why it loads for some and not others, it's hard to pin down the exact reason. Most likely the dev erased the .rpycs from the last update and let the engine build them from scratch again. I don't save when the game tells me to, I roll back to right before any game tells me this, this could be why mine broke and not yours. Sometimes devs do this to help make saves compatible when they are breaking, not knowing what the actual cause of the saves breaking are. I don't have any mods in my game either.

Of the 7 saves I have, 3 loaded, only one loaded in the correct place in the game, and when I tried to fast skip ahead, the game wouldn't let me. This alone tells me the .rpycs have been changed. If you can't fast skip ahead in a game you have played before, the files "under the hood" of the engine don't recognize that you have seen those lines of dialogue before, this has to do with the .rpyc files and the "indexing" they contain in them.

If you want to know more about it, you can read this, someone else pointed this out to me when I was helping a dev out trying to figure out how his game kept breaking the saves.

3.30 star(s) 77 Votes