4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
So much said just for lol its going to be big guys, I just hope the guy finds his spark for what made some of the previous games special, as we can all tell right now from Photographer 3 lots of images mean fuck all if there isn't a good story, plot, atmosphere and narrative to hold it all together for something great.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
It's sad that he reverted back to four parts especially that far into development, but at least we can still hope for a conclusion to the Academy series.
And who knows, maybe part 3 and 4 will redeem this so far lackluster spin-off.

Hellfox

Feb 24, 2018
Can anyone post good code for the viewpoint with Bridgette in part 2? I tried several code but end in failure.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
From the update today:

It has been a few months since I gave an update on progress so here goes.

It’s been a difficult year for me but it is looking better and I have been very busy when time and energy has allowed. Thank you for your ongoing support and patience.

To recap; The Academy series takes place over one week, with each part representing one day. Parts one, two three and four were Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Part five will be Friday.

‘A date with Bridgette’ takes place on the Thursday evening, and that’s where we are at the moment.

It’s been a long week…

In terms of game production, I’m going to present progress in the form of numbers as they seem the most tangible.

Academy : Part One = 997 images

Academy : Part Two = 1500 images

Academy : Part Three = 1797 images

Academy : Part Four = 1824 images

Okay, so the first stage of ‘A Date with Bridgette’ had 848 images and stage two added a further 2287 images. Both of these stages were released earlier in the year.

Since then I have created another 5427 images, which by the time I finished will be pretty much double the images from stages one and two put together. Adding it all together brings the overall image count for everything in ‘Date with Bridgette’ to over 8500 so far.

But size isn’t everything…

Those of you who have played stages one and two will know where you are up to.

The concluding story paths take in another two new locations in an evening which at least starts with Bridgette but doesn’t necessarily have to end with her.

As I have hinted before, there are many options, paths and characters to explore.

I originally intended to make this game in four stages, then changed the plan to three. Due to the sheer size and complexity of the game and the various options in the story, I’m back to thinking that four stages would work better structurally.

I’m over 90% finished with the remainder of the overall ‘Date with Bridgette’ game. Around 95% of what will be stage three is done and about 85% of what will be stage four finished.

This means that I expect to be able to release stage three early in 2019, with stage four completed and ready to release not too long after that.

The size of each part will comfortably exceed anything I’ve created before, partly due to the variety of story paths and partly due to how extensive some scenes are.

Again due to the complexity of ‘A Date with Bridgette’ and it’s role as a critical part of the Academy series, I have already started work on ‘The Academy : Part Five’. I’m kind of having to work backwards from a projected end points in order to make things all connect properly and make sense.

Looking forwards, ‘The Academy : Part Five’ may well be the most complicated part to produce of all of them. But that’s for the future. For now I’m hard a work on just moving forward.

I’ll update with more information in the new year.

In the meantime all the best to you all.

dsp3000
Well dsp3000 from what you mentioned about 95% of Bridgette part 3 was done by December 14th and as you mentioned that you might release it early 2019 did you mean early in January 2019 or early in 2019 meant something like first quarter or 2019 because if it was 95% done by December 14 by now it should have been uploaded from what I thought you meant to say. If I got you wrong I am sorry about that. You have also not mentioned anything on the blog also since then.

Reactions: USAFan29

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Well dsp3000 from what you mentioned about 95% of Bridgette part 3 was done by December 14th and as you mentioned that you might release it early 2019 did you mean early in January 2019 or early in 2019 meant something like first quarter or 2019 because if it was 95% done by December 14 by now it should have been uploaded from what I thought you meant to say. If I got you wrong I am sorry about that. You have also not mentioned anything on the blog also since then.
Dude, that's not dsp you're replying to. The real dsp3000 left the forum after his breakdown over F95 pirating his stuff.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Dude, that's not dsp you're replying to. The real dsp3000 left the forum after his breakdown over F95 pirating his stuff.
Well its dsp3000 or not is not my concern. The thing is on vdategames the blog was in the name of dsp3000 that Date with Bridgette Part 3 this is 95% complete and bla bla bla, but still nothing is there. My only suggestion is that that if you are not fully prepared in this matter you should not make such statements regarding time because then people start questioning your credibility. You could just have said Ill try to release it soon or things like that. With that I put to rest my statement.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Well its dsp3000 or not is not my concern. The thing is on vdategames the blog was in the name of dsp3000 that Date with Bridgette Part 3 this is 95% complete and bla bla bla, but still nothing is there. My only suggestion is that that if you are not fully prepared in this matter you should not make such statements regarding time because then people start questioning your credibility. You could just have said Ill try to release it soon or things like that. With that I put to rest my statement.
I never disagreed with that statement. No need to quote my post twice.

phc

Jan 20, 2019
My only suggestion is that that if you are not fully prepared in this matter you should not make such statements regarding time because then people start questioning your credibility. You could just have said Ill try to release it soon or things like that. With that I put to rest my statement.
When you quote someone and you use the word "you", you are referring to them as having said/wrote it. Just like right now, I'm quoting what you wrote and if I start writing to someone else (in your case what dsp3000 wrote) and refer to that person as "you", I am implying that you wrote it.

phc

Jan 20, 2019
I played this game and really like it except that it is next to impossible to successfully complete part 2 with "good" endings because of the choices made in part 1

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
When you quote someone and you use the word "you", you are referring to them as having said/wrote it. Just like right now, I'm quoting what you wrote and if I start writing to someone else (in your case what dsp3000 wrote) and refer to that person as "you", I am implying that you wrote it.
Sorry about that. I never knew I would hurt you so much though I never meant anything personally. I wont trouble you again here as now you have mentioned that dsp3000 is not on F95. I thought that maybe because threads are still alive and it is dsp3000 game so might be he was there with other ID or something like that. I am once again sorry for what I said though and would not ask you any questions here any more. It was just that this thread was still alive and dsp3000 has an uncanny habit of disappearing for months and years at a stretch so I thought maybe he didnt want to be troubled and said that he left the F95 and then continued with another ID or something like that. Sorry for the trouble caused to you due to me.

Reactions: brandyfan723

brandyfan723

Nov 26, 2017
Sorry about that. I never knew I would hurt you so much though I never meant anything personally. I wont trouble you again here as now you have mentioned that dsp3000 is not on F95. I thought that maybe because threads are still alive and it is dsp3000 game so might be he was there with other ID or something like that. I am once again sorry for what I said though and would not ask you any questions here any more. It was just that this thread was still alive and dsp3000 has an uncanny habit of disappearing for months and years at a stretch so I thought maybe he didnt want to be troubled and said that he left the F95 and then continued with another ID or something like that. Sorry for the trouble caused to you due to me.
Lmao

brandyfan723

Nov 26, 2017
dsp3000, if you are out there and read this, I really wish you would branch out on your own, I would be more than happy to support your work if you were on Patreon. As it stands, I will not be paying a dime for the upcoming part 3 or any future games. I refuse to spend any money on it when I know a cut will be going to that clown Chaotic. He is a clueless asshole who has an extremely condescending attitude towards his paying customers.

Reactions: jamiryuu

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Release date for part 3 of 4 will presumably be March 1st.

dsp3000's latest blog post:

I was thinking back to a previous blog post from somebody several months ago who was suggesting that making these type of games was easy, shouldn’t really take that long or be worth paying a subscription to access. He was only speculating though from a position of ignorance so I’ll cut him some slack.

It was telling that Chaotic, Mr Stomper and I all stepped in to challenge his theory based on fair amount of combined experience. I can assure any naysayers, doubters or aspiring creators that there is more to it than rendering a few images and building a few web pages.

To illustrate my point, the ‘Date with Bridgette’ production folder currently stands at 45.8GB, with 42666 files in 561 folders. I’m working through about 30 pages of production notes relating to the 2757 HTML files in stage three of the game. There are also now just over 4000 new images to add to those in stages one and two.

I can’t be exact with the image count just yet because I do still have a few more to make.

Don’t ask how many hours all that equates to. I long since gave up counting.

I have mostly been testing over the past seven days, and it’s been going okay.

I’m almost done and there’s only one scene still left to test.So during the weekend, all that should be completed.

What remains is the creation of the aforementioned remaining images, and then the creation of the checkpoint achievement images, plus a bit of coding out for the carry over codes for stage four.

I am really happy and confident that this stage won’t disappoint all of you loyal supporters out there.

On course for a March 1st release date.

Reactions: Pitrik
4.80 star(s) 5 Votes