RPGM Completed a Dragon's reQuest [v1.23] [Large Battleship Studios]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
As others have asked, how does one get the item from the giants' village? I've released five giants, but nothing changes.

Additionally, where is the elementals' village? The monolith in the Ice Cave/Volcano doesn't work. I suspect that the monolith in Black Catherine's hideout is relevant, but I can't figure out how to either reactivate the Ice Cave/Volcano monolith or move Black Catherine's to somewhere it could be used.

I've done just about everything possible before going to challenge Malphon, I think. I've made all my regalia, I've made my black weapons, I've obtained Chelisera's veils and all of the other monster village items. These two, though, are giving me significant trouble, and I don't want to progress past a point of no return before getting them.

Yaboiwut

Apr 16, 2020
Okay, I doubt anyone will care to see this, but I want to provide some context to this.

So far, I haven't seen shit for NSFW content. I enabled it, but hot damn am I questioning why. This game has probably some of the most self aware and tear-jerking comedy I've ever seen, often subverting expectations in a way that's you going: "D-did I read that right?"

This game's comedy is some god Tier shitposting.

WowThanksGoodJob

Mar 18, 2019
So I didn't use the guide besides checking here and there. Did not know about needing to hold onto a Mermaid for Catherine late in Act 3. I released all of them and completed the game up to that point. Now it seems like nothing is spawning Mount Halide one of the supposed non-missable grinding spots for finding these according to a poster earlier in these comments. Am I actually screwed now? I can't find any of them.

RK119

Dec 22, 2018
So I didn't use the guide besides checking here and there. Did not know about needing to hold onto a Mermaid for Catherine late in Act 3. I released all of them and completed the game up to that point. Now it seems like nothing is spawning Mount Halide one of the supposed non-missable grinding spots for finding these according to a poster earlier in these comments. Am I actually screwed now? I can't find any of them.
You might want to download the latest version from Patreon - it has many more mermaids (including some on merchants). It does, however, have a bug where you can't finish demon release spot and get corresponding item. I am hoping that there will be a version that fixes that in less than a week or two (based on release schedule).

WowThanksGoodJob

Mar 18, 2019
You might want to download the latest version from Patreon - it has many more mermaids (including some on merchants). It does, however, have a bug where you can't finish demon release spot and get corresponding item. I am hoping that there will be a version that fixes that in less than a week or two (based on release schedule).
I don't have any better ideas so i'll try that. Is the demon release spot the cave where Quernica is? Because I already did that anyway so I don't need to release more demons. So, got nothin' to lose.

WowThanksGoodJob

Mar 18, 2019
An update; downloading the latest version helped. Game has gone by smoothly since.Thanks for the help, mate. Only thing I can't figure out is where the Elementals can be released. Any tips there? I've looked all over.

RK119

Dec 22, 2018
An update; downloading the latest version helped. Game has gone by smoothly since.Thanks for the help, mate. Only thing I can't figure out is where the Elementals can be released. Any tips there? I've looked all over.
I am not sure where people even capture elementals.

While I haven't found the place, there are a few loose ends which might lead (either now, as I don't claim to have found every secret, or later) to the elemental spot:
-The elemental stone near ice cave volcano is inert, likely due to the death (or undeath as it might be) of the original greater fire spirit.
-There is a new greater fire spirit in Malphon's castle that seems non-aggressive, but I could not figure out how to get it to do anything, short of giving some hints on phoenix.
-There is also a ward stone in pirate cave, which I couldn't figure out where/how to move.

Note, that save game editor did not show any special reward item for elementals (or I missed it), so I am not sure it even exists in the current game.

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
Isn't there a rule about tagging like that?
I mean, disregarding the joke tags, there's a lot of legit tags which don't seem to appear in the game.

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
Which tags? I haven't completely beaten the game, but I think the only tags I haven't seen yet are (Cannibalism, Bra Burning, Memory Alteration, Uprising of the Proletariat, Intelligence Loss, Sequential Hermaphrodism), and I'm not sure about some of them. I don't actually recall if (Cannibalism, Memory Alteration, Intelligence Loss, Sequential Hermaphrodism) have come up. I'm pretty sure (Bra Burning, Uprising of the Proletariat) haven't yet, but there's still more game left to explore.

PineappleOnPizza

Mar 3, 2018
One of the reviews said there's almost no H-content in the game.
Someone, possibly in a review, said all the H-content was yuri.
Pregnancy and tentacles?
No, it's a feel good joky and subversive hero story with romantic lesbian overtones. There are a few sex scenes, but most of the H content are cutesy sleeping in the same bed scenes.
Personally I was a little disappointed at first but I really loved it in the end. It's just a solid, well written RPG story.

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
The writing is good, but the deception is a complete turn off for me.
Maybe the creator thought the over-the-top tags made it obvious, I don't know.

Nepler

Jul 15, 2020
The writing is good, but the deception is a complete turn off for me.
Maybe the creator thought the over-the-top tags made it obvious, I don't know.
I mean even if most of the tags are a joke it still seems like a good game to me

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
>the deception

There was no deception, those things are in the game. Nowhere does it state that those things are featured in H-scenes, nor does it state that H-scenes are the main focus of the game.

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
>the deception
There was no deception, those things are in the game. Nowhere does it state that those things are featured in H-scenes,
The tags, so far as I'm aware, specifically do indicate sexual content. Having an octopus in your game isn't "tentacles." Having the octopus do naughty things to a character is "tentacles."
That's how I see it. Feel free to explain why I'm wrong.
nor does it state that H-scenes are the main focus of the game.
Nor did I say anything about h-scenes being the main focus of the game nor anything that could imply that I thought they should be.

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
> One of the reviews said there's almost no H-content in the game.
That seemed like a complaint, and you had just mentioned not liking the deception. Perhaps I misunderstood.

As far as the tags go, are we talking about the actual tags at the top under the thread title, that start with 2dcg? Or are we talking about the list in the Genre spoiler block? Your mention of joke tags made me think we were talking about the latter. My previous response about having seen the tags was talking about the Genre list. The former certainly has a few problems, which I'll list here: (using https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/)

1) Should have the lesbian tag instead of the gay tag.
2) I'm not aware of even a mention of any sexual acts with actual animals, rather than monster girls, so the bestiality tag should be removed.
3) I don't recall offhand whether any drug use was specifically "for sexual means or pleasure", so the drug tag may be inappropriate. There is drug use, so it still belongs in the Genre section.
4) There is no rule stating that the act of impregnating must be shown, so technically that tag is fine. However, although the main protagonist does sire two children (despite being female), neither time is shown onscreen. One of these times is very plot-relevant, and is talked about both before and after. This child even becomes a party member after hatching. Up to you whether you want to count it.
5) The tentacle tag seems overly restrictive to me, requiring that the tentacles be part of a tentacle monster. This means that, for example, a dryad with animate vines does not qualify. So no, the tentacle tag should not be present, as there are no tentacle monsters in this game.
6) The vore tag requires there be a fantasy about being eaten alive or eating others alive, rather than whether or not vore is actually present, so that tag also does not belong. Yes, characters get eaten alive sometimes. No, there is no fantasizing about it.
7) The list is incomplete; the following tags, and possibly more, all belong in the list:
2d game, female protagonist, multiple endings, groping, harem, loli, masturbation, fantasy, humor, monster girl, rpg, turn-based combat

Reactions: GreenDark

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
Yep, I finished the game now and can definitely say that the majority of the current tags are wrong. I imagine the uploader just believed everything that's in the "content warnings" file even thought most of it is jokes and only present in the game in a matter-of-fact way rather than a sexualized one.

I don't remember that anywhere in the game.

zilzmaer

Mar 10, 2019
Garnet is commonly mentioned to be very short, and I'm pretty sure I remember a comment about her looking young somewhere. While she's certainly gone through puberty, I would argue that her hips and breasts are still undeveloped enough to qualify her. Others may feel differently.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes