Altaire50

Mar 4, 2019
Ok I found a recuring bug, the cosplay website is allways open after I close it, and it is always visible whe I click on something

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
This is what I am talking about above. You see the release version number and think " I've already got this".
Yeah, this is normally what we try to do. The buggy version was only live for a couple hours, so I thought, I'll just take out the rpy file that's causing the problems and replace the link real quick, and hopefully very few people will notice. I probably should have done something like a 0.04ea or 0.04e-bugfix. Sorry for the confusion. Right now, it just is what it is though.

Reactions: ontach

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Ok I found a recuring bug, the cosplay website is allways open after I close it, and it is always visible whe I click on something
Can you give me any other details of how this occurred. I can't seem to recreate it.

Brauggi

Sep 9, 2017
First of all, thanks for providing the patch Yihman :D

But to clarify for myself and others, after extracting the patch should the folders look like:
...\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\game\AFV_v0.04e_Incest_patch\incest_images - with the .rpy and .rpyc files still in the Incest_patch folder?

Or should it look like:
...\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\game\incest_images - with the .rpy and .rpyc files loose in the game folder?
Or is it some other combination?

My instincts tell me to go with the second option, but I've tried both (with a clean install and new game) of the above and the dialogue after clicking on Ryan during the first inspection of the family portrait (after dads jail phonecall and before the first warehouse visit) still seems to indicate all 3 kids are adopted and originally from different families (i.e Patreon-Safe).
Or maybe the changes show up elsewhere in the game? I don't know.

Any help and clarification you can provide would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

k8taponnyn

Jul 3, 2019
Well, in the file incest_patch.rpy, I find a line
Code:
else:
        image bg SpyCamMomBedroom01 = "AFV_v0.04e_Incest_patch/incest_images/SpyCamMomBedroom01.webp"
I know pretty much nothing about ren'py coding or coding at all, but it does seem to be looking for a image file in the folder /incest_images/SpyCamMomBedroom01.webp. This leads me to believe that the extracted folder as a whole should be placed in the /game folder...?

Also, from a previous playthrough, I remember that to activate the incest patch, one must click on a "hidden button" in a warning screen. When choosing start game, you will get a starting screen, with text in the middle, between two yellow triangles with an exclamation mark in. The warning text should include the sentence: "None of the characters depicted have any biological or adoptive relationship with eachother". Click the left of the yellow triangle. The aforementioned sentence should disappear, hinting that incest content is now available.

Last edited:

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Doesn't seem to be working...anyone else having issues?
did you try the install guide from here? There are screenshots too how to activate that.I can´t test the patch for the moment because i don´t have traffic on mega
Edit: Ok BAC115bid was faster

bubblebutt123

Jul 22, 2017
did you try the install guide from here? There are screenshots too how to activate that.I can´t test the patch for the moment because i don´t have traffic on mega
Edit: Ok BAC115bid was faster

You must put whole folder "AFV_v0.04e_Incest_patch" in "game" folder, and after starting game press dot on left "!" sign

Ohh ok got it. Didn't know about the dot! Thank you both! :)

Reactions: gigan

Brauggi

Sep 9, 2017
Thanks for the help k8taponnyn, you were right :D

Needs to be:
...\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\game\AFV_v0.04e_Incest_patch\incest_images

And then when starting a new game we need to click on the dot in the left-hand exclamation point to activate the patch changes.
I'd totally forgotten about that second step.

khahan

Jun 21, 2018
2 problems for me:
Event 16. I completed it (sydney with libido 10 in the bedroom) but its not marked as complete. No big deal

Event 23 -unmarked. Tells me I need to complete event 21 to do event 23. Event 21 is completed and marked as such. I cannot get this to open. Any advice?

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018

here this should be the proper incest fix now let me know if the bugs are gone too
so no longer 1 file named "AFV_v0.04_Incest_patch.rpa" ?
we place all these new ones in game folder i assume?

jean-francois

Jun 12, 2017
when i click on "Progress" on the phone, i receive this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/Phone_event_screen.rpy", line 202, in execute
File "game/Phone_event_screen.rpy", line 232, in execute
File "game/Phone_event_screen.rpy", line 234, in execute
File "game/Phone_event_screen.rpy", line 249, in execute
File "game/Phone_event_screen.rpy", line 251, in execute
File "game/Phone_event_screen.rpy", line 253, in execute
File "game/Phone_event_screen.rpy", line 361, in execute
NameError: name 'fixed_bulb' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 860, in script
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "E:\Nouveau dossier\AFamiliarVenture-004b_patreon-pc\AFamiliarVenture-004e-pc\AFamiliarVenture-0.04e-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "<screen language>", line 361, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.4.596
0.04e
Wed Nov 13 13:33:21 2019

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
2 problems for me:
Event 16. I completed it (sydney with libido 10 in the bedroom) but its not marked as complete. No big deal

Event 23 -unmarked. Tells me I need to complete event 21 to do event 23. Event 21 is completed and marked as such. I cannot get this to open. Any advice?
Event 16 was a bug from previous versions. It's been fixed, but to tick it off you will need to replay the event after you've downloaded a latest version of the game.
event 23 is one of the options you choose from the agent Diaz visit. After completing event 21 you should get a hint from the phone that you will have a visitor on Thursday, and to complete the event you have to pay off Diaz. What happens when you complete event 21 and you click on the hint "???" Is it blank? Does it still say you have to complete 21 first?

You must have downloaded this in the couple hours that I had a faulty build up. Download it again, it's fixed now.

so whats the ntr??? i play only ntr games
Nothing hard core yet, but it's coming. (and they will also be avoidable.) NTR events are; that Jacky gives the mob boss a lap-dance and he cums on her, It is possible for Jacky to jack off Matt at the pool, and Agent Diaz dominates, to a degree, Lauren in her bedroom.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
redownload the game.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes