WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
how does the mod works?
Just place it in the folder named "game", and you can access it through the phone by clicking on the DS symbol.
is this an extension or the original game?
I cant find the original if this is just a bonus
Although skip-able, this is part of the original game. It is accessed through regular game-play.
is there any anal in this? or planned to add in?
Right now there are two anal masturbation events in the main game, and one anal intercourse event in the Xmas event. There will definitely be more in the future.

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
I am stuck on game. Who can help?
Event 10: "??? " shows no hint or if its done (I think a have ended this because played it through as written in walkthrough 0.4 ) no "ended"mark.
Event 30: do not start even I played through more than 10 days after Event 29 and Christmas Event is ended. (I used yesterday a former save but played ca. 4 weeks along in game (ofcourse not real time ) from that "old"save)
If someone could take a look whats wrong in my save. Thnx

Last edited:

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Event 10: "??? " shows no hint or if its done (I think a have ended this because played it through as written in walkthrough 0.4 ) no "ended"mark.
Event 30: do not start even I played through more than 10 days after Event 29 and Christmas Event is ended. (I used yesterday a former save but played ca. 4 weeks along in game (ofcourse not real time ) from that "old"save)
Sorry for the frustrations. I will take a look tonight and see if I can figure out what’s going on.

Reactions: Antwit

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
Jacky is an interesting character. She's only the second character I ever created in Daz, so I think my lack of experience at the time shows in her features. But there are some poses and facial expressions where I think she's really pretty, but then there are other positions and facial expressions that I probably should have thrown out, but didn't want to take the time to try and render the scene again. I tried to make her with signs of age, gave her a mommy bob hairdo, to make it believable that she could be the mom of three adults. Now that I've upgraded my hardware, and I can render those scenes much faster, I think I will start replacing some of those images where I think she doesn't look as flattering. It sure as shit is too late to replace her.

In my opinion, it really shouldn't have that tag. There is no actual bestiality in the game, the MC just photoshops the girls into some cosplay scenarios with a dragon and some wolves.
I absolutly didnt mean it as a negative or insult in anyway! to each their own for sure. Plus the other characters MORE then make up for me disliking 1 or 2 characters. Keep up the good work my dude.

Reactions: strenif
May 26, 2018
**You pointed out that there has been 6 updates to the game, but in reality, there has only been 3 that actually introduced new content. (not including bug fixed versions and the Xmas event) I know that time between updates is frustratingly slow, but that's what happens when a game developer has to work a full time job, and can only develop the game in his free time. This frustrates me a ton as well. I wish I could push out my work at a much faster pace.**

Ok I concede the 3 updates, and yet now we are at 4f , so 6 bug/spelling fixes compared to 3 updates.UNderstand, however, any post thatadds/fixes/improves in some way the game (spelling or grammar fixes, fixing missing images or fixing errors) I think most people would consider to be updatesAgain, however, I have yet to progress with the older sister in her photo shoot, hell... I cannot even get her to take ANY clothing off due to the affection or submission set high enough that getting there is either impossible or requires MUCH more grind than I am willing to deal with. The mother, all I am able to do with her is get a boner every time I pay her debt, then run away. The younger sister, after FINALLY getting all of her clothes off, having her grind at the photo shoot or in her room after saving her from the duke FBI bitch, I still cannot advance any further. The Aunt and niece are not even worth mentioning, since their actions are severely limited or non existent (with the sole exception of the VERY limit photo shoot with Maddie and the younger sister).

Don't get me wrong, I do not object to grind, just grind that in no way progresses the game or relationships. Nor do i mind (most times) waiting 2 to 3 months between updates. Especially when the updates advance gameplay. But from v 4 to 4f there have been - in your words - 6 fixes rather than updates that add to the enjoyment of the game

I also understand and respect that you work full time, and this game is a hobby or extra "curricular" entertainment for you. Perhaps you are the only one working on this... If so, I salute you sincerely. But as with most games I started playing from their beginnings, at least 3 are completed (maybe 5), several done by individual developers doing exactly like you are (I.e. working full time and developing the game during spare time). And yet they turned out quality games with minimal "fixes" and significant content updates.

You have to understand, I honestly am not slamming you, but I am a disabled veteran who might not live long enough to even get a chance to halfway finish your game. That is why I gave up. I did the same for Ecchi Sensai, since at the very minimum, they were looking at taking 5 years to complete the dang game, and kept adding new character with every update, causing even more bugs each time. Still... What playing time I did spend was enjoyable until the 6 fixes sort of froze game advancement.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
**You pointed out that there has been 6 updates to the game, but in reality, there has only been 3 that actually introduced new content. (not including bug fixed versions and the Xmas event) I know that time between updates is frustratingly slow, but that's what happens when a game developer has to work a full time job, and can only develop the game in his free time. This frustrates me a ton as well. I wish I could push out my work at a much faster pace.**

Ok I concede the 3 updates, and yet now we are at 4f , so 6 bug/spelling fixes compared to 3 updates.UNderstand, however, any post thatadds/fixes/improves in some way the game (spelling or grammar fixes, fixing missing images or fixing errors) I think most people would consider to be updatesAgain, however, I have yet to progress with the older sister in her photo shoot, hell... I cannot even get her to take ANY clothing off due to the affection or submission set high enough that getting there is either impossible or requires MUCH more grind than I am willing to deal with. The mother, all I am able to do with her is get a boner every time I pay her debt, then run away. The younger sister, after FINALLY getting all of her clothes off, having her grind at the photo shoot or in her room after saving her from the duke FBI bitch, I still cannot advance any further. The Aunt and niece are not even worth mentioning, since their actions are severely limited or non existent (with the sole exception of the VERY limit photo shoot with Maddie and the younger sister).

Don't get me wrong, I do not object to grind, just grind that in no way progresses the game or relationships. Nor do i mind (most times) waiting 2 to 3 months between updates. Especially when the updates advance gameplay. But from v 4 to 4f there have been - in your words - 6 fixes rather than updates that add to the enjoyment of the game

I also understand and respect that you work full time, and this game is a hobby or extra "curricular" entertainment for you. Perhaps you are the only one working on this... If so, I salute you sincerely. But as with most games I started playing from their beginnings, at least 3 are completed (maybe 5), several done by individual developers doing exactly like you are (I.e. working full time and developing the game during spare time). And yet they turned out quality games with minimal "fixes" and significant content updates.

You have to understand, I honestly am not slamming you, but I am a disabled veteran who might not live long enough to even get a chance to halfway finish your game. That is why I gave up. I did the same for Ecchi Sensai, since at the very minimum, they were looking at taking 5 years to complete the dang game, and kept adding new character with every update, causing even more bugs each time. Still... What playing time I did spend was enjoyable until the 6 fixes sort of froze game advancement.
First off, my condolences to you for your injury in the service of your country. I'm sincerely sorry if your injuries will indeed shorten your life. Thank you for playing my game, and I'm sorry it has been a frustrating experience for you.

I know there's been a lot of problems with bugs, and that's all just a product of my inexperience. I went into this project very naive and with no prior experience in 3d modeling, or even basic coding. I've had to teach myself everything, and I've gotten some great help along the way through much more experienced coders like D.S.-Sama, who just volunteered to help me with the more complicated code, and has been behind some of the best features of the game. Through the series of 0.04 releases, I've learned a lot of things, and we've gotten the game to a very stable state, with good spelling and grammar, where most of the bugs reported now, are just ghosts of old bugs that are lingering in players old saves.

Hopefully in the future, I'll be able to allocate more time and resources into the game, and the release of new content will come out at a more satisfying pace. I understand your reasons for being done with this game, but if you're around for a while longer, and I sincerely hope you will be, you should check us out in the future, and hopefully the content you're wanting now, will be there then.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I'm stumped. I've spent some time trying to figure out your save, and I can't figure our what the hell is going on with it. There are events that show off as completed, but completing those events should have triggered other events that won't trigger. I'm curious if you used the console at all to trigger any of the events? Anyways, what I think you should do, is erase all of your saves, both in the saves folder and the saves in your AppData folder. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\AFamilyVenture I know that kind of sucks, since you will lose all of you progress, so I have a couple nice clean saves for you. The first one will trigger event 10 as soon as you decline to pay the weekly mafia debt. The second save is ready to trigger the club pool event, and will allow you to complete event 18, which I noticed you failed to trigger. As soon as you're done with that event, you will be able to visit Sidney on Monday evening in the kitchen and it will trigger the First Aunt visit, and then you can play out the series of events for the aunt. I wish I knew what the problem was, but I couldn't figure it out. I hope this at least helps.

Reactions: beardybloke

don2sail

Jun 3, 2017
Tell me if I'm wrong, but it appears once you buy the lights and green background to start the Sidney photo shoot you loose access to the Lauren photo shoot. (android version 4)

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Tell me if I'm wrong, but it appears once you buy the lights and green background to start the Sidney photo shoot you loose access to the Lauren photo shoot. (android version 4)
No, this shouldn't happen. and when it comes to the android builds by 3rd party developers, I'm completely clueless. Are you playing with this version? This is the most up to date android version I've seen.

beardybloke

Apr 5, 2019
I'm stumped. I've spent some time trying to figure out your save, and I can't figure our what the hell is going on with it. There are events that show off as completed, but completing those events should have triggered other events that won't trigger. I'm curious if you used the console at all to trigger any of the events? Anyways, what I think you should do, is erase all of your saves, both in the saves folder and the saves in your AppData folder. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\AFamilyVenture I know that kind of sucks, since you will lose all of you progress, so I have a couple nice clean saves for you. The first one will trigger event 10 as soon as you decline to pay the weekly mafia debt. The second save is ready to trigger the club pool event, and will allow you to complete event 18, which I noticed you failed to trigger. As soon as you're done with that event, you will be able to visit Sidney on Monday evening in the kitchen and it will trigger the First Aunt visit, and then you can play out the series of events for the aunt. I wish I knew what the problem was, but I couldn't figure it out. I hope this at least helps.
^^now this is something very nice to see, Very helpful dev.... Im impressed. Very much chows the passion for creation and making sure to support.

Reactions: WillTylor

don2sail

Jun 3, 2017
I was totally wrong, and blind to the chair for Lauren's photoshoot when the text mentioned Sidney's photoshoot

May 26, 2018
First off, my condolences to you for your injury in the service of your country. I'm sincerely sorry if your injuries will indeed shorten your life. Thank you for playing my game, and I'm sorry it has been a frustrating experience for you.

I know there's been a lot of problems with bugs, and that's all just a product of my inexperience. I went into this project very naive and with no prior experience in 3d modeling, or even basic coding. I've had to teach myself everything, and I've gotten some great help along the way through much more experienced coders like D.S.-Sama, who just volunteered to help me with the more complicated code, and has been behind some of the best features of the game. Through the series of 0.04 releases, I've learned a lot of things, and we've gotten the game to a very stable state, with good spelling and grammar, where most of the bugs reported now, are just ghosts of old bugs that are lingering in players old saves.

Hopfully in the future, I'll be able to allocate more time and resources into the game, and the release of new content will come out at a more satisfying pace. I understand your reasons for being done with this game, but if you're around for a while longer, and I sincerely hope you will be, you should check us out in the future, and hopefully the content you're wanting now, will be there then.
Thank you for your considerate and courteous reply. Also, thank you for your understanding of my situation . I am alwayspleased to find a developer who does not get others dictate his or her tone in their replies, or allow others to make them angry, defensive, etc. My hat is off to you for that.

With that said, please understand that my previous comments were not to be meant as an attack on you or your methods of updates, bug fixes, etc. They were meant only to express my frustration as it relates to my current situation. I really do consider your game to be, for the most part, well made and well structured. I actually enjoy games that have a real story driving them, and your game does that well. My comments were meant to hopefully encourage you to stop with all the fixes and start advancing the story line more.fixes really do not mean anything if I have to play the game over and over again, yet nothing is added or advanced. As for the Christmas part, that was ok - sort of - but because it did not really add to the main storyline/original gameplay, I personally felt as if it was just a so to those getting frustrated and -for me personally - I admit that I was somewhat offended. The additional story regarding Christmas should have been added as another means to advance the original story (of course, that may mean the pregnancy part might not be included) instead of an inside separate game. If you need to do bug or other fixes, then include them in a regular update. Sure, that may mean updates take longer, but I am reasonably sure people would accept that if it meant the updates continue to advance and progress the main story.

It is my hope thatthe above comments and suggestions are taken in the spirit intended (non confrontational or negative, but constructive observations and suggestions).

Reactions: WillTylor

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
Having a bit of an issue with running this. Error log as follows:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
Exception: Couldn't find file 'music.rpi'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "G:\Corruption\AFamilyVenture-0.04f_Xmas_patreon-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "G:\Corruption\AFamilyVenture-0.04f_Xmas_patreon-pc\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "G:\Corruption\AFamilyVenture-0.04f_Xmas_patreon-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 164, in index_archives
fn = transfn(prefix + ".rpi")
File "G:\Corruption\AFamilyVenture-0.04f_Xmas_patreon-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 649, in transfn
raise Exception("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
Exception: Couldn't find file 'music.rpi'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Fri Jan 24 21:28:33 2020

Satyr

Jul 22, 2018
Is there like, EVER any sex in this game?! Can't even up Sidney's stats except for maybe some random scenes I can't access??? Where is the Loop in this game?!?! All grind no payoff!!!

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
Is there like, EVER any sex in this game?! Can't even up Sidney's stats except for maybe some random scenes I can't access??? Where is the Loop in this game?!?! All grind no payoff!!!
Thats because all the resources in this game is being put towards ntr, so progress is halted and spent on ntr scenes instead. But this is still a harem game somehow.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes