strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Any info on when the next update of this game is coming out? Really need some sex scenes between mc and jacky/lauren. Also, for a disabled person like me grinding makes it very hard to get through the game. My hands just run out of feeling. Maybe a repeat button? Also, would love a progression in scenes like the one in Jacky's office instead of just the same for weeks. A build up to the climax. Enjoyed it a lot, but more sex please. Thank you.
Mid to late Feb is the latest word.

Reactions: RedZone30

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Any info on when the next update of this game is coming out? Really need some sex scenes between mc and jacky/lauren. Also, for a disabled person like me grinding makes it very hard to get through the game. My hands just run out of feeling. Maybe a repeat button? Also, would love a progression in scenes like the one in Jacky's office instead of just the same for weeks. A build up to the climax. Enjoyed it a lot, but more sex please. Thank you.
If everything goes according to plan I will have a beta version of the game ready about mid February for my patrons in the BFF tier. We will definitely do some extensive testing, so that when I do the supporter release, it wont be bug riddled like version 0.04 was. Probably the supporter release will be end of February, and then one month later there will be the general release to everyone.

Reactions: SenPC and RedZone30

peas

Jul 31, 2018
Thank you for the update. Please consider less grinding in the future. People with disabilities like me can really have problems with this. More sex scenes please. Thank you.

Reactions: WillTylor

thegrindisreal

Dec 19, 2018
Finished the game and i have noticed that the two seperate galleries (only one single on a page) are still locked. Bug or under development?

LordSanguine

Mar 7, 2019
Thank you for the update. Please consider less grinding in the future. People with disabilities like me can really have problems with this. More sex scenes please. Thank you.
No offense to you seriously, however how does having a disability impair your ability to grind in a game? (Again, no disrespect intended, just a genuine question.)

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
No offense to you seriously, however how does having a disability impair your ability to grind in a game? (Again, no disrespect intended, just a genuine question.)
well carpel tunnel or arthritus can cause issues with doing some things and i could name other issues that could cause problems but not as easily as those 2 lol i have wrist and joint problems myself to moving and clicking rapidly can become a pain not impossible but i definitely feel it later or doing ass loads of repetitive things that really are not needed not saying anything about this game in general but more describing issues generally speaking in some games

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
well carpel tunnel or arthritus can cause issues with doing some things and i could name other issues that could cause problems but not as easily as those 2 lol i have wrist and joint problems myself to moving and clicking rapidly can become a pain not impossible but i definitely feel it later or doing ass loads of repetitive things that really are not needed not saying anything about this game in general but more describing issues generally speaking in some games
Games that cause inflammation in the joints:

A Family Venture - Room For Rent - Tangled Up :(

:unsure: I like games with reduced dialogues, these three games make up for the reduced dialogues by adding useless days.

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
Games that cause inflammation in the joints:

A Family Venture - Room For Rent - Tangled Up :(

:unsure: I like games with reduced dialogues, these three games make up for the reduced dialogues by adding useless days.
I must be the only one who likes a grind sprinked into my games, Unpopular opinion but VN's are kinda boring. too much reading, kinda zone out because lets be honest 80% of the games on here are awfully uninteresting.

your definitely right about tangled up but putting this game on the same list as it is a crime, this game is nowhere near the level of grind of that mess of a game. there are far worse grindly games. and if the grind isn't your thing you can always just use console commands to get everything you need to eliminate the grind.

peas

Jul 31, 2018
I have diabetic in my hands and feet and it makes clicking a mouse over and over very hard. Also, after just a couple of minutes of the grinding I have numbing pain in both hands. Again, I understand that this my only affect a few people who play this game. I like the game and just wish I could play it longer without the pain.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I must be the only one who likes a grind sprinked into my games, Unpopular opinion but VN's are kinda boring. too much reading, kinda zone out because lets be honest 80% of the games on here are awfully uninteresting.
I'm so happy to hear someone else say that. I think that grinding brings some realism into a game. It creates the illusion that you have to work for something, and not just ride along in the VN current. It makes unlocking achievements more rewarding. There is a point where it is too much though, and it's been a challenge for me to figure out the right balance. I think I have erred on the side of too much earlier on in development, so I've tried to make some changes to fix some of that. I'm trying to be more aware of it going forward, and hopefully I can figure out that sweet spot.
I have diabetic in my hands and feet and it makes clicking a mouse over and over very hard. Also, after just a couple of minutes of the grinding I have numbing pain in both hands. Again, I understand that this my only affect a few people who play this game. I like the game and just wish I could play it longer without the pain.
One thing that may help you, is that in ren'py, instead of advancing scenes with the mouse, you can advance by using the "Enter" button. Even when there are menu choices in the game you can use the mouse to hover over the choice, and then push the "Enter" button to select it. To most, that probably doesn't make much of a difference, but if keeping your hand in a single position on the mouse causes pain, then having that "Enter" button at the bottom right of the keyboard, and easy to push no matter what position your hand is in, might make a difference for you.

Last edited:

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
I'm so happy to hear someone else say that. I think that grinding brings some realism into a game. It creates the illusion that you have to work for something, and not just ride along in the VN current. It makes unlocking achievements more rewarding. There is a point where it is too much though, and it's been a challenge for me to figure out the right balance. I think I have erred on the side of too much earlier on in development, so I've tried to make some changes to fix some of that. I'm trying to be more aware of it going forward, and hopefully I can figure out that sweet spot.
Your game has an interesting story, good graphics. I believe you do your best. I did the criticism, but I recognize that I have my limitations. I am not an advanced user.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Your game has an interesting story, good graphics. I believe you do your best. I did the criticism, but I recognize that I have my limitations. I am not an advanced user.
I actually really appreciate criticism, if it's constructive that is. I've already made a lot of changes to the game because people pointed out things that could be better. As a new developer, I don't even pretend to know what I'm doing, While there have been a few things I disagree with, I've found that much of the criticism has been spot on.

Reactions: giqui and RedZone30
3.50 star(s) 109 Votes