Ricky Ricardo

May 10, 2018
my game crashes when I try to start it. I never played this but not a great start

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 189, in script
    python:
    python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 190, in <module>
    renpy.execute_default_statement(True)
  File "game/no_inc.rpy", line 452, in set_default
    default housemates = "housemates" #==> "Remember! I already know you're recording your housemates."
Exception: store.housemates is being given a default a second time.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
    run(restart)
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
    context.run()
    python:
    python:
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 190, in <module>
    renpy.execute_default_statement(True)
  File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_supporter-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3495, in execute_default_statement
    i.set_default(start)
  File "game/no_inc.rpy", line 452, in set_default
    default housemates = "housemates" #==> "Remember! I already know you're recording your housemates."
Exception: store.housemates is being given a default a second time.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Family Venture 0.06b_supporter
Thu Sep 17 22:35:59 2020

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Just found out what they mean it's the little circle that looks like a camera beside the bars at the top above the screen
it's actually missing. they aren't just looking it over. 2 people here and 1 person on the discord have reported that the button is missing altogether.

Qthe83niners

Mar 5, 2019
it's actually missing. they aren't just looking it over. 2 people here and 1 person on the discord have reported that the button is missing altogether.
I downloaded the updated link and erased the one from before for the 0.62b link and they cheat does show up when you go over the camera looking thing, you do not need to add the I.Patch or the patreon extras, i used the Ren.py link, the intro is still a little messed up but they are working on it and since i am getting it for free i have no reason to complain
here's my screenshot

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
I think it's still the buggy build since it crashes on launch and doesn't have the i-patch. A mod should probably just take it down until the fixed version is up in order to save this thread a lot of griefing and spam.

is the latest build up or is it still the buggy names build? i still have the buggy names build since i completed it when it was out and saw no reason to update. since i'd be seeing the same content, just names fixed.

i'll download the build on the first page and i'll update my findings.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
If the Incest patch isn't working for you try deleting the persistant file from
\AFamilyVenture-0.06b_subscribestar-pc\game\saves
and %appdata%\RenPy\AdventuresMagicAcademy-1540206043\

That fixed it for me.

Qthe83niners

Mar 5, 2019
I think it's still the buggy build since it crashes on launch and doesn't have the i-patch. A mod should probably just take it down until the fixed version is up in order to save this thread a lot of griefing and spam.
Might be your system can't handle the current one because it launches just fine for me, they will probably work on that later though so that it can be handled not sure though, i have no idea how game development works

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
it's not just his. the crash bug happened to a lot of people with the release of version b. some people were actually unaffected, you and I included.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
I tried deleting the persistent file in the saves subfolder and in appdata and it didn't work. The little phone circle isn't clickable on any of the phone screens for me. Clean install from the nopy link with the 00start replacement so that it will run.

It's a little strange because Jackie is referred to as "Mom" in my old save but when I talk to the cheerleader I tell her that Jackie's not my mom or even my stepmom. If I start a new game she's just Jackie and the phone circle is still not clickable. I'm just going to wait a few days to see if a fixed version pops up.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Heyo, quick question totally unrelated to this update saga, but I'm avoiding the NTR route, and been paying the mafia to prevent Jackie / Mom from dancing at the club.

Suddenly one Saturday, Sidney hides all my money and Jackie / Mom is forced to dance at the club.

I've tried reloading, toggling NTR / Loyalty route. Happens regardless.

Is this the way it's supposed to be? Borked save? Game bug?

Many thanks.

---

Oh, and all my conversations look like this. I think that *is* update related, right?
Screenshot 2020-09-18 000131.png

Last edited:

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
I downloaded the updated link and erased the one from before for the 0.62b link and they cheat does show up when you go over the camera looking thing, you do not need to add the I.Patch or the patreon extras, i used the Ren.py link, the intro is still a little messed up but they are working on it and since i am getting it for free i have no reason to complain
here's my screenshot
lol ren.py link

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
Heyo, quick question totally unrelated to this update saga, but I'm avoiding the NTR route, and been paying the mafia to prevent Jackie / Mom from dancing at the club.

Suddenly one Saturday, Sidney hides all my money and Jackie / Mom is forced to dance at the club.

Many thanks.

---

Oh, and all my conversations look like this. I think that *is* update related, right?
View attachment 820764
only way to avoid is to not go sidney route i guess. i mean its pretty much like the first time she strips there, she shows some tits but its not like she's blowing em or anything

Reactions: Zenithtb

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

Many thanks.

---

View attachment 820764
The event in question is unavoidable (as far as I recall) and leads to Sydney working at the mafia joint. So it's a win-win really. Or it will be once you meet her there.

Reactions: Zenithtb

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
I tried deleting the persistent file in the saves subfolder and in appdata and it didn't work. The little phone circle isn't clickable on any of the phone screens for me. Clean install from the nopy link with the 00start replacement so that it will run.

It's a little strange because Jackie is referred to as "Mom" in my old save but when I talk to the cheerleader I tell her that Jackie's not my mom or even my stepmom. If I start a new game she's just Jackie and the phone circle is still not clickable. I'm just going to wait a few days to see if a fixed version pops up.
putting in the 0.06 inc patch and starting a new game and pressing the ! to toggle it(then just loading, note: had to do it every time i closed and opened the game) partially fixed it for me, the dialogue is mostly right except that in half the conversations its still "landlady" "roommate" but they are still talking like normal just that the names are wrong half the time

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes