WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Unren console does no such thing. There are, in fact, duplicated labels across the files, when there should be a redirect of some sort from the default label. I had to manual reconcile a bunch of things when I played .06. I don't remember exactly what I changed but it was a lot. Sometimes leaving files unextracted prevents duplicate label reads if you have multiple RPAs with some sort of version patching, but I don't know enough about that to say anything about how it works. But if you have duplicate labels in extracted .rpys, you have to change/reconcile them or you will have issues.
Just a guess but this also sounds like you may have installed an incest patch that didn't need to be installed. In the 0.06 supporter version the incest patch was already included and adding the patch would have caused this problem. In 0.07 there is no need for the incest patch at all, it doesn't have one installed, and it doesn't need to have one installed.

Reactions: yoyomistro

biches06

Feb 10, 2020
I think I have found my problem, i have peeked on mandy in the shower but the game doesn't store her picture, so maybe that's why i cant unlock event 31, is there anything i could do about this?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Just a guess but this also sounds like you may have installed an incest patch that didn't need to be installed. In the 0.06 supporter version the incest patch was already included and adding the patch would have caused this problem. In 0.07 there is no need for the incest patch at all, it doesn't have one installed, and it doesn't need to have one installed.
Yes, I saw that, should have mentioned that in my post as it applied to the last version. I understand this version is leaked and as such I haven't referenced anything in regard to it yet, nor have I looked at any of the new files. But for .06 I did look through all the files beforehand and there were some things in the patch files that differed from what I got in the main download and I just reconciled what I like from all the files, especially as some of the line variables had missing quotation marks or syntax in the patch version and I had to manually fix them to get the lines to display properly. Again, that was an issue with the patch files and not with the base game.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I think I have found my problem, i have peeked on mandy in the shower but the game doesn't store her picture, so maybe that's why i cant unlock event 31, is there anything i could do about this?
Not sure what's causing this yet... I'm trying to figure it out right now. I'll make a post when I do.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Unren console does no such thing. There are, in fact, duplicated labels across the files, when there should be a redirect of some sort from the default label. I had to manual reconcile a bunch of things when I played .06. I don't remember exactly what I changed but it was a lot. Sometimes leaving files unextracted prevents duplicate label reads if you have multiple RPAs with some sort of version patching, but I don't know enough about that to say anything about how it works. But if you have duplicate labels in extracted .rpys, you have to change/reconcile them or you will have issues.

That redirects the labels from the unpatched game to the patched versions of the labels. There are other methods like single line redirects, or the one this game uses with persistent variables and string variables for different versions of certain lines. The issue crops up in the patches where there are just labels that use the exact same name as the label in the default game files.
as i said, it only happens in games where the dev has code to block ppl from using unren or other ways to make the console available, always goes to a traceback screen showing duplicate variables... i found if i just delete the unren-dev.rpy and rpyc, it's fixed and works. i've had it boot me out for duplicate variables as well as just boot me out cuz i had console enabled. it's annoying but easily fixed. any other way it happens i do not know about. still it is weird how it's just having console enabled in some games that makes it thru the dupe error. but devs i won't name are well known for locking ppl out of console in many different ways. cuz omg they'll cheat! hell most of my cheating is just for money haha

edit: btw how long is the election?!?

Reactions: WillTylor

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I have done all of that and still nothing, all the events that i have left are depending on me finishing event 31
Have you been visiting Jacky in her office? This isn't listed as a requirement, but I just realized one of it's dependents requires this.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I have done all of that and still nothing, all the events that i have left are depending on me finishing event 31
Post your save and I'll take a look.

In the early morning go to the kitchen and have breakfast. This should finish the school uniform requirement to win.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
as i said, it only happens in games where the dev has code to block ppl from using unren or other ways to make the console available, always goes to a traceback screen showing duplicate variables... i found if i just delete the unren-dev.rpy and rpyc, it's fixed and works. i've had it boot me out for duplicate variables as well as just boot me out cuz i had console enabled. it's annoying but easily fixed. any other way it happens i do not know about. still it is weird how it's just having console enabled in some games that makes it thru the dupe error. but devs i won't name are well known for locking ppl out of console in many different ways. cuz omg they'll cheat! hell most of my cheating is just for money haha

edit: btw how long is the election?!?
I'm not sure why you would have issues with duplicates from that. There are no variable declarations in any unren files, and you should only have issues with duplicate variables if they're fully declared in multiple places, not just having their values modified. Unren .rpyss only have renpy commands, which don't affect any declared variables and only modify settings that are available to any game built with the engine. I'm sure no dev wants their game modded unofficially and have people come and complain as a result of issues with a process they don't endorse, but nothing in WillTylor's game conflicts with any of the renpy commands in the unren files, as of the last version. Again, I've yet to look at .07, and like Will said it's a leaked prerelease so some issues are expected anyway.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
I'm not sure why you would have issues with duplicates from that. There are no variable declarations in any unren files, and you should only have issues with duplicate variables if they're fully declared in multiple places, not just having their values modified. Unren .rpyss only have renpy commands, which don't affect any declared variables and only modify settings that are available to any game built with the engine. I'm sure no dev wants their game modded unofficially and have people come and complain as a result of issues with a process they don't endorse, but nothing in WillTylor's game conflicts with any of the renpy commands in the unren files, as of the last version. Again, I've yet to look at .07, and like Will said it's a leaked prerelease so some issues are expected anyway.
well i haven't had that problem in his game so far cuz he's not locking the console (good man!), as i very clearly said and you seem to ignore, it only occurs in games where the dev has purposely locked the console. so any script that tries to unlock it will cause it to throw errors, it's just weird how it sees the same variable in the patch file and the script file and throws the duplicate error. removing the unren-dev.rpy/rpyc fixes that.

now to important stuff, i've been doing the election stuff for like 10 weeks now, i still haven't gotten to bang lauren, so when does the election end?!? when do i get to bang my other sister?!? inquiring penises desire to know!

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
How can i complete task 19 and 22? i have 10 points of them but i don't know how to trigger event, i always have Lauren on bedroom and Sidney on bathroom...
Do you have spy cams installed in those rooms? If so post your save and I can check it out.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
well i haven't had that problem in his game so far cuz he's not locking the console (good man!), as i very clearly said and you seem to ignore, it only occurs in games where the dev has purposely locked the console. so any script that tries to unlock it will cause it to throw errors, it's just weird how it sees the same variable in the patch file and the script file and throws the duplicate error. removing the unren-dev.rpy/rpyc fixes that.

now to important stuff, i've been doing the election stuff for like 10 weeks now, i still haven't gotten to bang lauren, so when does the election end?!? when do i get to bang my other sister?!? inquiring penises desire to know!
OK, but the point you raised to the guy you quoted wasn't relevant to his question. I guess I should have quoted him, but I quoted you in case people misunderstood how things work based on your statement.

having major issues with the addon files for this, the drm crack and the ipatch are both causing duplicate file errors. anyone got suggestions for a renpy noob?
You do not need the incest patch for this version. Unfortunately I haven't looked at the DRM patch as it relates to this version yet, but I would recommend not copying any of the .rpys of the Patreon_$5_Gallery folder into your game, and only using the oscarsPatreonOverwrite.rpy file as that has the relevant commands to do what the purpose of the "crack" is. Anything else there is probably going to cause duplication issues and I haven't had a chance to look at what else besides the main overwrite file and the images from the folder are relevant.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
sigh week after week i have to get new posters, have anal sex with the teacher, post the posters then the following monday i get to get blown by lauren and mandy but still no sex.... someone lied in here and said you get to bang lauren. how many months is this election?!? can i arrange for matt to have an accident with a vat of acids? also will mom and aunt finally succumb to the cock?!? will timmy get out of the well on his own?

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
sigh week after week i have to get new posters, have anal sex with the teacher, post the posters then the following monday i get to get blown by lauren and mandy but still no sex.... someone lied in here and said you get to bang lauren. how many months is this election?!? can i arrange for matt to have an accident with a vat of acids? also will mom and aunt finally succumb to the cock?!? will timmy get out of the well on his own?
Four weeks till you can trigger the election. Make sure you've done everything then on Friday morning go to class and start the election.

Reactions: AGhostLikeMe

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Four weeks till you can trigger the election. Make sure you've done everything then on Friday morning go to class and start the election.
haha omg
all this time i've been bypassing it without knowing making the days go by fast.... thanks.

ARGH! it says i have not finished all events necessary to win the election?!? what am i missing?!?

the only hint on event 32 is, i've got an idea to help lauren win votes, i need to keep trying to convince her until she agrees, but she's already agreed!! the sexy posters are already up! WTF?!?

Last edited:

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
haha omg
all this time i've been bypassing it without knowing making the days go by fast.... thanks.

ARGH! it says i have not finished all events necessary to win the election?!? what am i missing?!?
For the week you want to start the election, you have to have paid Lauren, You have to have hung the best version of the posters. you have to have paid Diaz, and you have to have arranged a meeting with Will and Jacky. The payment ones and the posters have to have been done that same week, not just in previous weeks.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
haha omg

the only hint on event 32 is, i've got an idea to help lauren win votes, i need to keep trying to convince her until she agrees, but she's already agreed!! the sexy posters are already up! WTF?!?
In the early morning go to the kitchen and have breakfast. That will be the last thing you need to do to win.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
For the week you want to start the election, you have to have paid Lauren, You have to have hung the best version of the posters. you have to have paid Diaz, and you have to have arranged a meeting with Will and Jacky. The payment ones and the posters have to have been done that same week, not just in previous weeks.

In the early morning go to the kitchen and have breakfast. That will be the last thing you need to do to win.
on which day? cuz i've done the breakfast thing and it's always the same thing. i mean since i started the campaigning.

WillTylor

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
on which day? cuz i've done the breakfast thing and it's always the same thing. i mean since i started the campaigning.
After you complete event 70, you need to have a conversation with Jacky where she agrees to meet with Will. You do this at breakfast after you've met with Will in his office.

KateOlive

Oct 18, 2017
Did all the quest's, but cant get the "Event 61" and 70th. To trigger the 70th, 61th must be done, obvious. There are no option to "Talk with Megan in the class", as the hint says. Guess i just got the bug or something. And no, i didnt do any manipulations with the save, cheating or etc.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes