VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
HighbornTiger

First thank you for your excellent work on this VN. It's technically sound, the sound track works well, the Lis are uniformly attractive and compelling, the grammar is pretty good and the writing is as well. So - on balance 4+ stars at minimum. For the most part I enjoyed your VN. However you've asked for feedback so in to honor your wishes I hope you will take what follows as constructive criticism.

Plot and execution: The basic plot is intriguing. Nine super powered women from an alternate reality escape to our world to avoid persecution and slavery. The bad guy follows them and in his arrogance alters the protagonist so that he might "grow" to become a challenge, but puts a crippling timeline on his return which he believes will assure his easy victory and also ensures the MC will have to cause great pain to the women to take advantage of this opportunity.

Others have offered alternatives to suppress the pain felt by the women, so I won't comment about it, but it is a fairly significant oversight from a plot point of view.

The other issue here is the cultural differences between the women and the MC about the sexual congress. This tension really doesn't fly. The women's attitude toward sexual intimacy is fully revealed early in the VN. The presentation that the MC reframes their sexual views in the context of his culture and is concerned that he might be exploiting them if he agrees to join them in the sexual intimacy they are literally begging for is absurd. He is not some blushing 16 year old. Nor is he unacquainted with various other cultures views of sex. His objections are most simply put as "she doesn't understand the possible consequences of her offer and I'm not willing to take advantage of her ignorance or being less powerful in the relationship". Half of these women have to power to one way or another crush him like a bug. Further he's seen the power of two or three and knows that to be fact. By any reasonable assessment he is the "weaker" member of any pairing, and he knows it.

So the purpose served by this narrative is your (the author's) desire to write a slow burn while teasing the reader. Not the best approach to a quality execution of your basic plot. The women basically do not understand why he REJECTS them. He's a "worldly" guy. Viewing himself responsible to educate these women about the world to which they've fled, he would call them together and explain how this world differs from their's. Once that is understood, then treat them like adults not lost souls who need protection.

I'm a "medium burn" kind of guy. This isn't slow burn it flirts with being no burn. But that's my bias.

All that said - I 100% support your absolute right (duty really) to tell your story as you choose. I do enjoy your VN, I'd just like a little more action. Not a fap fest but just a bit more heat.

Good luck with your VN. Thanks again for your hard work and commitment to quality. I look forward to your next update.

Sep 6, 2021
Half of these women have to power to one way or another crush him like a bug.
Disagree with you there. I mean yes, they can kill him, but that's not relevant. He can also kill them through inaction. Power isn't just a question of force, here it's a question of need. If he stopped helping them, they would be completely fucked. They know that. He knows that. They know that he knows that they know that. Even though he tries to assure them that he's going to help regardless, he understands that they come from a world that makes it very hard for them to believe him about that. After all, every one of them assumes at first that he's helping them in exchange for sex, so it's understandable for him to be cautious. Some people would definitely behave differently, but I think it's reasonable to be slow. And Sue is the only one "literally begging for [sex]", and you can have sex with her within like two or three days.

If your boss said "Hey, your answer won't affect your employment status, but I want to have sex with you." Would you feel like you have a choice? Some people would, some would not. And would you feel like your ability to beat your boss in a fight is relevant? Regardless of who is bigger and stronger, you should report your boss to HR if they ever say that. And as a boss, you're expected to never have sex with your subordinates, even if they initiate. It is, in some ways, a comparable situation.

tagraves15

Dec 27, 2021
It's tested? Because when i opened the game with the mod i got a instant traceback.

Edit: I just deleted the ep1 mod, because it was the only file that was giving an error. The game ran normally

Traceback error below

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just commented out Line 5 #config.keymap['hide_windows'].remove('h') in the E1 script file, and the game is working so far without any other errors.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I just commented out Line 5 #config.keymap['hide_windows'].remove('h') in the E1 script file, and the game is working so far without any other errors.
With Episode 3.1, which hasn't been leaked yet, I added hearts next to choices that lead to sex scenes. I guess with that, the walkthrough becomes obsolete.
1690284390726.png

Also, yes, The error with the walkthrough (I didn't create that) seems to be connected with the game repurposing the h key (It might simply be that this line of code exists twice in the game if you don't comment it out and you can't remove the h key from the keymap after it has already been removed.)

Last edited:

tagraves15

Dec 27, 2021
With Episode 3.1, which hasn't been leaked yet, I added hearts next to choices that lead to sex scenes. I guess with that, the walkthrough becomes obsolete.
View attachment 2798895

Also, yes, The error with the walkthrough (I didn't create that) seems to be connected with the game repurposing the h key (It might simply be that this line of code exists twice in the game if you don't comment it out and you can't remove the h key from the keymap after it has already been removed.)
That works too lol.

Couliber

May 22, 2018
Tried A Foreign World out today, one of the best VN's here. Can't wishlist it on Steam though, not available in my country, sorry.

Apr 5, 2023
View attachment 2125494

Overview:
Refugees from another universe. The plot of this visual novel revolves around this basic concept. What is going to happen when two very different worlds collide?
Nine women that grew up in a post-apocalyptic environment decide that they've had enough and try to seek shelter in a universe that they know very little of.
Thread Updated: 2023-06-07
Release Date: 2023-05-21
Developer: HighbornTiger - - -
Other Games: Playing With Fire, A Familiar World
Censored: No
Version: Episode 3
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Extras: Spanish Translation - Fan Sigs* - Walkthrough Mod *

*This port/version is not from the developer, Use it at your own risk
scrappy thanks for the links

View attachment 2682452 View attachment 2682454 View attachment 2682455 View attachment 2682456 View attachment 2682457 View attachment 2682458 View attachment 2682459 View attachment 2682460 View attachment 2682461 View attachment 2682462 View attachment 2682463 View attachment 2682464 View attachment 2682465 View attachment 2682466 View attachment 2682467 View attachment 2682468 View attachment 2682469 View attachment 2125518 View attachment 2125512 View attachment 2125514 View attachment 2125513 View attachment 2125515 View attachment 2125516 View attachment 2125517 View attachment 2125519
Episode 3.5 is out right? Please update!

Reactions: Blueray

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Wow, you had my attention in the first half, but now I'm interested. How did I manage that?

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
call it what you want but i think it's a great way to show how complex the situation is. Sometimes you have no other way but to hurt somebody
Well, just go slower, and not as deep. Beside, it only hurts the first time for a little while.
Use your tongue more before going in, it won't hurt anywhere near as much... :)

Always happy to provide useful advices, ask anytime man.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes