VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Fresh Start [Halloween Minigame] [King Bob]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
This is such a shameless BaD ripoff lol
Kinda agree,
School setting - Check
Exact same models mostly - Check (Same MC, bella, jill, josy etc)
I wonder what else to come.
*Yawn* i'll pass. tried this, still hot tho.
mehh... even my hands gets tired wanking on copy's.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
The mom is too young. Stepsister would be adequate ... or a very young stepmom.
The mc is 18+ and if we assume that his mom was at least 18 years old when she got pregnant and mc was born (9 month later), than she is at least 36-37 years old.

The technical progression is strange. I need 2 mouse clicks for every dialog step / frame.

The game probably should focus on the tags humour and parody. Adjust the dialogs, (remove some of the text), restore the names of well known models like Alice, Josy, Jill, Bella, ... maybe make fun of some incest games ...

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
not to mention the player is the plaver from DIK himself
what's funny is people are defending the dev by saying these are pre-made models from an assets store and DPC doesn't own the rights to them despite the fact there is no model for Josy since her original base model had to be heavily modified to get that appearance. anyway, this game is a cheap knock off

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Ok, time for some real talk.

This game has serious problems, of which, the models are too low to even consider.

The text is so cringe that I could have broken some teeth if I still had any. It's not due to typing errors, of those I saw few if any, it's because the dialogues feel wooden, robotic, repetitive, mind blowing bad.

The plot, could be more generic, oh wait... no it can't it is the definition of generic. There's nothing that raises any interest.

The characters (forget about the models) are completely lame with no redeeming features, besides the models.

Ok, now the models, they are the laziest use of store bought assets, cringe doesn't say half of it.

None of those models are exclusive to anyone, if either of you want to buy them, you can. So, it isn't steal, to use them, unless you want to go down into unlicensed content accusations.

I'll wait for another release, to see if anything changes (no real hope for it) if not, I don't think I'll stand to play this.

Peace :(

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
what's funny is people are defending the dev by saying these are pre-made models from an assets store and DPC doesn't own the rights to them despite the fact there is no model for Josy since her original base model had to be heavily modified to get that appearance. anyway, this game is a cheap knock off
Literally nobody should be defending the dev here. This was intentional. But it doesn't matter how modified a model is. It's still a Daz model. Its own by Daz/Rendo/etc. vendors/PAs, and always will be. If DPC was modifying models from square one, or had the skill to do so, then he probably wouldn't be using Daz to begin with.

Heavily modified, though? Nah. Josy is basically 3DSS Layla with better maps and likely some minor adjustment morphs.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Literally nobody should be defending the dev here. This was intentional. But it doesn't matter how modified a model is. It's still a Daz model. Its own by Daz/Rendo/etc. vendors/PAs, and always will be. If DPC was modifying models from square one, or had the skill to do so, then he probably wouldn't be using Daz to begin with.

Heavily modified, though? Nah. Josy is basically 3DSS Layla with better maps and likely some minor adjustment morphs.
so if I rip off this game, put it under a new title, and change the plot a little, is it still plagiarism or is it completely new?

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
This game has serious problems, of which, the models are too low to even consider.

The text [...] the dialogues [...] The plot [...] The characters
Exactly. Also exactly what I said too.

This dev has none of the skills necessary to make a good game other than the ability to do renders (and even then, only static ones, no animations).

My constructive criticism is that he ought to start from that realization, and understand he still has an incredible amount to learn about writing, plots, character development, and gameplay, and see if he can hire out or team up to make renders for one of the many devs that are good at story and plot, but lack rendering. That way he has the opportunity to learn, both by watching and being a part of the process, and by asking questions, as he works with someone with the skills he absolutely needs to learn.

Basically, a working apprenticeship, instead of having to learn those things elsewhere, alone, unpaid and unproductive. That's because if he tries to keep churning out crap games before learning those important aspects, he'll completely tank his reputation and following before he gets to ever make something worthwhile.

Dev, look at the amount of criticism and remembrance of just one bad and abandoned game. Do you really want to times that by 10 or 20 and think anyone at all will give the benefit of the doubt for further games after that? Learn the craft.

Right now, you probably have a fair bit of the Dunning-Kruger effect. You don't know enough about writing, about characters, about plots, to even know what you are missing. I'm confident in saying this is probable because we all have areas of knowledge where the Dunning-Kruger effect applies as does every single human being who ever said "How hard can it be?" about something that looked easy, and wasn't.

There's a lot you need to learn. That's a good thing because if just anyone could create a successful game, literally anyone and everyone would, meaning there'd be more supply of games than demand for them. Difficult to learn and not something that is natural to the vast majority of people is why it has value, and why a great game can make decent money.

However, while many lack the skills to write a great story, to flesh out an engaging plot, to give life to interesting and believable characters, almost all of us are familiar enough with enjoying good stories, especially from books, movies and TV, that they can instantly tell if you are bad at it. Right now, you are very bad at it. You can fix that, but only by having the courage to admit you need to learn, and then committing to doing so.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
so if I rip off this game, put it under a new title, and change the plot a little, is it still plagiarism or is it completely new?
Maybe reread what I wrote? I said nobody should be defending the dev here. This was intentionally done. That no matter how many sliders you move around, Daz and the artist(s) who made the figures/morphs/etc. will always own the assets a mesh level.

I never said anything about it being plagiarism or new, so why change the subject? You said that Josy didn't have a model because she was so heavily modified, yet it took thirty seconds of googling to find her base model. But to answer your question, no it wouldn't be plagiarism as it wouldn't be word for word. Lazy, uncreative, and uninspired? Absolutely. Plagiarism? Not really.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
The best part of flattery is copying!!!:sneaky: That is what they say!!! :eek:
TBH, I would have preferred that the Dev actually copied anything. What he did can't even be classified has parody, fan fiction, or copy. It's simply lazy. He got the models, I will, for his sake, pretend that they are bought, put them in DAZ3D, proceeded to plaster them without any edition.

What he did next will shock you: (lol)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have no clue what life experience this Dev has, but it seems very close to none.

Peace :(

Reactions: RogueKnightUK
3.00 star(s) 3 Votes