zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
lol i know people get made because i say this alot but that's what rpgs are about the lvl grinding and praying you live through it. lol

gjp

Sep 13, 2020
I am having a problem starting the "RISE OF THE VRUK" when I try I get an error. This led me down a dead end path of insuring WebGL was running on Firfox, which it is. KillJoyTRV posted a link on his discord site which I followed and tried in editing the Package.JASON file, but that didn't work. I installed RTP files VX ACE & VX but that made no difference. I'm running Win 7 Pro, does anybody have any suggestions?

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
This game is made with RPGM MZ NOT VX Ace or VX. You will probably need to install the RTP files for MZ

gjp

Sep 13, 2020
Hi KilljoyTRV, I got the RTP files from the RPGM website, they never had one available for MZ? That's why I took a chance with VX Ace & VX, they also have RTP files for XP and older, but didn't bother with those.

Baddog-11

Jul 6, 2017
Uhm, I know I am not a moderator on this forum nor anything special but I thought I ask anyway.
I understand that this version of the game is on hold/abandoned and that others are working on alternatives but would it be possible for you guys to talk about those in a different thread?
The last 10+ comments were only about the other games and which feels kinda offtopic.

Please don't get me wrong I have nothing against the new games, it's just that I am subscribed to this thread to keep myself informed about it, and the last posts had nothing to do with that which was kinda annoying.

Also, I just checked the forum rules and there I found this:

2. Game Threads, Fan Art, etc
  1. All discussions in these threads should be kept on topic
    • Do not branch the topic off into posting random pictures, trolling, etc
    • Please do not advertise other games in game threads, this will often derail the discussion

deathspawn246

Aug 4, 2017
Uhm, I know I am not a moderator on this forum nor anything special but I thought I ask anyway.
I understand that this version of the game is on hold/abandoned and that others are working on alternatives but would it be possible for you guys to talk about those in a different thread?
The last 10+ comments were only about the other games and which feels kinda offtopic.

Please don't get me wrong I have nothing against the new games, it's just that I am subscribed to this thread to keep myself informed about it, and the last posts had nothing to do with that which was kinda annoying.

Also, I just checked the forum rules and there I found this:
The reason that a new game was being talked about is because that game is this game. Pupsi has abandoned this game and started a different one. The person who took over this game is KilljoyTRV and it has been renamed to RISE OF THE VRUK. It will more than likely get its own thread eventually when it has a proper release.

Edit : Please correct me if I'm wrong about you being the dev of the new game Killjoy.

Baddog-11

Jul 6, 2017
The reason that a new game was being talked about is because that game is this game. Pupsi has abandoned this game and started a different one. The person who took over this game is KilljoyTRV and it has been renamed to RISE OF THE VRUK. It will more than likely get its own thread eventually when it has a proper release.

Edit : Please correct me if I'm wrong about you being the dev of the new game Killjoy.
Sorry but I think you misunderstood that, KilljoyTRV is not taking over this game he is making a separate game as a remake of this game which needs to be in a separate thread for itself, this thread is not going to be renamed or anything.

Reactions: KilljoyTRV
May 27, 2020
Sorry but I think you misunderstood that, KilljoyTRV is not taking over this game he is making a separate game as a remake of this game which needs to be in a separate thread for itself, this thread is not going to be renamed or anything.
This game is abandoned now and no one will able to continue working on it so there's nothing to talk about concerning this specific game.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
It's a non official version so to respect the original author, it would be better to not post it here
It wont be. They will make a new page for it once the current build gets a bit bigger to release.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I reported the OP to get the onhold tag removed and abandoned tag added as the game has been abandoned by the DEV.

Sihy

Jun 16, 2017
Sad that it has been abandoned... Will see what is next with "The Rise of Vruk" :)

3.70 star(s) 33 Votes