3.40 star(s) 31 Votes

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
While I don't particularly like the hot spots, I like the pacing they provide
Thanks vey much... I couldn't express so well what I had in my mind when decided to use hotspots. They are there to give "pace" to the game, to let the player slow down a little bit, sometime, to enjoy story and renders. That's also why I made the radial menu you can open with a single "right click" of the mouse to fast save and load (the 2 upper buttons) so avoiding completely the save screen.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
As I said, if you want to use the extracontent code from the pr3vious chapter, you must run the game with ver 1.02 exe.
Anyway I'll change the way it works so that the extra content from previous chapters will be unblocked automatically when a new chapter is released.
That would be nice.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Thanks vey much... I couldn't express so well what I had in my mind when decided to use hotspots. They are there to give "pace" to the game, to let the player slow down a little bit, sometime, to enjoy story and renders. That's also why I made the radial menu you can open with a single "right click" of the mouse to fast save and load (the 2 upper buttons) so avoiding completely the save screen.
And I'm very glad with all that. The spots give us a more game environment, not click to click to move quickly from scene to scene. I am very happy with the game mechanism, fun and original.

Reactions: patrickB

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
animations would be great.. pls consider that
I know animations are desired by most of you but they require more time (to create and to render) abd I sincerely prefer (at least in this first game) to concentrate in high quality static renders.
I have already ideas for a semi-animated environment but this will be a future project.

Reactions: patrickB and Jansen

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
I don't mind the hot spots so much, and I agree with some others that they do add some pacing. I feel like they just need a bit of tuning, perhaps what would help the most is not having the possibility of a click through when clicking on something that isn't a hot spot, which makes it easy to accidentally skip unintentionally. Instead of how it is currently (for example: click on mouth to say something bad, click anywhere else to skip saying something) perhaps change it so that it's: click on mouth to say something, or click on a button/thought bubble that says something like "keep my mouth shut." Clicking anywhere else wouldn't progress. This at least for me would help with the accidentally skipping things I didn't intend to.

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
I don't mind the hot spots so much, and I agree with some others that they do add some pacing. I feel like they just need a bit of tuning, perhaps what would help the most is not having the possibility of a click through when clicking on something that isn't a hot spot, which makes it easy to accidentally skip unintentionally. Instead of how it is currently (for example: click on mouth to say something bad, click anywhere else to skip saying something) perhaps change it so that it's: click on mouth to say something, or click on a button/thought bubble that says something like "keep my mouth shut." Clicking anywhere else wouldn't progress. This at least for me would help with the accidentally skipping things I didn't intend to.
Thanks mate. Noted down your idea; i can introduce a mechanic so that it will be impossible to unintentionally skip things. I mean, should be an explicit decision of the player not to click any hotspot.

Reactions: LordofEntropy

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Thanks mate. Noted down your idea; i can introduce a mechanic so that it will be impossible to unintentionally skip things. I mean, should be an explicit decision of the player not to click any hotspot.
That would be awesome! Wasn't sure if my comment was going to make sense, it was a little unwieldy. You summarized it perfectly. Keep up the great work, I'm excited to see more of the story.

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
The Game gets better and better with every release,the only thing that I don`t like is,that on my gaming computer the game continues,but the screen turns black,you can only read the text,then I have to quit the Game and restart it completely,does that also happen to somebody else,or is it only me?.:winkytongue:
Same thing happens on my laptop as well from time to time playing this game, i think its a matter of not enough (ram) memory.
On RPGM games i get the 'freeze game' effect.
Only remedy is a restart in both cases for me.

Reactions: BeastMaster59

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
What a great game this is, excellent work !
And i like the hotspot thing, keeps you curious about whats going to happen or if you where able to pick the right spot first for most content :)
Looking forward to upcoming chapters !

Reactions: UncleVT

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
Same thing happens on my laptop as well from time to time playing this game, i think its a matter of not enough (ram) memory.
On RPGM games i get the 'freeze game' effect.
Only remedy is a restart in both cases for me.
Can't believe it's the ram on my computer because it has 8GB ram, I believe it has something to do with my shitty amd graphic card, when I have time then I will change it for a better card and Post the results here.

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes