3.40 star(s) 31 Votes

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
So I am supposed to move the characters to locations? Drag and drop? No i havnt played chapter 5 so I have no clue where scenes takes place.
Also the game keeps bugging out not loading the scens, screen becomes all black everything else progresses but no cgs.
Also loading save files does not work. That loading bar in down right corner moves for it a bit then stops and you can't do anything.
It always happens with the photoshoot in chapter 5. It's impossible to progress past it.

EDIT: Loweing Unity graphics solves the issue. So I assume the problem is with the always online download thing. Seems to work wonky.
The game does not use any internet. All contents are local. You can activate firewall to proof it.

Mar 28, 2018
Issue with the new UI version of the game just released: Restarted and played through until I reached the start of the event 'Jenny moves to Jim's office for a surprise'; 'draged and droped' the images for Claire, Jenny and Jim onto the 'Jim's Company' marker, however, and unfortunately the 'event play selector' (the yellow marker should be replaced by a green marker displaying an arrow) does not appear so I cannot proceed any further with the game.

PS. Ok now, solved the problem by hitting Return and then go back to the storyline.

a0 image 5516.jpg

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Since you're online, i want to ask you if you have solution for my problem which is that i get white screen when accessing bonus content from chapter 4. Now i don't expect your help, because extra scenes are reserved for high tier patreons and i'm not the one, but since this is extra scene from one of the previous version which are if i understood correctly always released with next public version, maybe you can help me.
I will certainly help you. Pm a detailed description of problem. Indeed, this is a beta so bugs can still be there and it is my role to correct them.

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
I will certainly help you. Pm a detailed description of problem. Indeed, this is a beta so bugs can still be there and it is my role to correct them.
Bonus scene on chapter 4 in winthrope office, i'm getting only first sentence of dialogue, with white background and scene is frozen. Using latest 1.06.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
The game does not use any internet. All contents are local. You can activate firewall to proof it.
Well something is interfering with the loading, and it's not my pc that can't handle it that's for sure.
Also does the 0.5 content end with the photoshoot?

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
Well something is interfering with the loading, and it's not my pc that can't handle it that's for sure.
Also does the 0.5 content end with the photoshoot?
Yes, that is ending of 1.05, i though there was extra scene but i've read later about christmas bonus instead of extra scene

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Did you miss the content from Chapter 5 ?

The new mechanic is essential for the continuation of the story.
It's a matter of reading the current situation for the selected storyline, see what the characters are feeling and put them in the right locations.
I intentionally released this beta version with no new content so that you could all get used to it using the already played contents from Chapters 1 to 5. If you played them you already know where the various scenes took place.

If necessary I can improve the explanations in the PDF and Intro of the game. Let me know.
Explanations won't help much. UI is terrible and completely unintuitive. No way to reach all scenes for someone who hasn't played through the whole game content before this update - too buggy and messed up.

Computergod67

Oct 9, 2018
Give the man a break and let him develop his game.. It's say's Beta = Bugs so if you don't wanna experience them then don't play it, and also say's no NEW content so how about only giving positive vibes to help him make it better. This game was already better then the patron's he was getting for it, now all the sudden everybody has got something negative to say.

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Computergod67. I don't think that anyone is 'having a go' so to speak. Most of the comments today seem to be bug related, and identifying bugs so that they can be fixed is one of the aims of devs posting here. With kind regards.

大大啪啪

Nov 16, 2018
So I am supposed to move the characters to locations? Drag and drop? No i havnt played chapter 5 so I have no clue where scenes takes place.
Also the game keeps bugging out not loading the scens, screen becomes all black everything else progresses but no cgs.
Also loading save files does not work. That loading bar in down right corner moves for it a bit then stops and you can't do anything.
It always happens with the photoshoot in chapter 5. It's impossible to progress past it.
I met the same problem as you, and tried all kinds of solutions. The problem remains unsolved. I'm very upset.

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018
Not sure why you needed to change the UI, this is terrible now :( Threw jims picture on his job and now its stuck there and cant move it off.

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
...would be cool if I could actually play the game. Finished the tutorial, accidentally replayed the tutorial, tried to skip the hotspots and it restarted the game and ever since then I don't even get the image to click on a hotspots... wtf. The screen is just white and skip hotspots is my only available option.

Edit: Closing the game and restarting worked, but I'm legit confused how to move past it. I can't click on anything but the arrows which just restarts the tutorial...

Computergod67

Oct 9, 2018
...would be cool if I could actually play the game. Finished the tutorial, accidentally replayed the tutorial, tried to skip the hotspots and it restarted the game and ever since then I don't even get the image to click on a hotspots... wtf. The screen is just white and skip hotspots is my only available option.

Edit: Closing the game and restarting worked, but I'm legit confused how to move past it. I can't click on anything but the arrows which just restarts the tutorial...
Check post #570 this was a fix posted for the white screen, worked for me anyway!

Reactions: deluges

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
I'm really sorry so many of you are feeling so disappointed about this beta release.
Perhaps it was a big mistake to publish it; I hoped this community would have helped me in finding the bug, the problems or even contribute to get this game better.
Anyway. I read all your posts and try to get the best from all of them. I'm still working on the game, the engine and the UI to get it as better as I can. I've already started the renderings for the new content.

Anyway, I still thank you all for the time you spent playing the game.
Cheers :)

bigd36

May 23, 2017
Game is really good! The renders are great, the moving the pieces to the right location is a bit annoying though. Only thing I can suggest is to just point out the locations a bit better. I've been running into alot of white screens even with that fix, one of them was during the scene titled "A new co-worker for Claire"...after the threesome with Claire and the other girl it goes to a white screen with you talking in a car with Jenny I think.

Edit: Selena to the rescue also seems to be white screening/crashing the game.

TobaiasR

Nov 2, 2017
I'm really sorry so many of you are feeling so disappointed about this beta release.
Perhaps it was a big mistake to publish it; I hoped this community would have helped me in finding the bug, the problems or even contribute to get this game better.
Don't take it to heart. You had a good idea there, it looks promising and it's somehow more interactive. But, the main problem and frustration for many, including myself, is that the hints are not enough to know exactly how to progress. It feels all over the place. Those of us who played the game initially have somewhat of a clue where to go and what to do but still it's a bit tricky. The thing that confuses me is why do we have to drag the characters to certain places, as far as i know there is no variation in current scenes regarding the presence of our main protagonists. I know this system you created is needed for the branching of the story, but a bit more organization of the tasks and giving precise information regarding what to do is in dire need. Keep it up !

Mar 28, 2018
Hi LazingInTheHaze, definitely not disappointing in your game in any way, it is good, keep it up. My post was just to inform you of a bug that I had run across. With respect to the new UI np - it will be find after refinement imo. In fact it is good to see some experimentation rather than the same old vanilla UIs all of the time, and I would never expect the first release of anything to be completely trouble free - that's why there is the interactive debugging process. With kind regards. Andy.

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
I start the game and in what is supposed to be the explanation of the new mechanics I only see the text and the rest of the screen in black or white.
You do not see anything that is explaining. And then I start the game and it says they're sleeping and I can not do anything else.

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes