3.50 star(s) 30 Votes

Ruslan1

Jun 3, 2018
Two messages with a lot of text about different problems...
Of course, not everyone has ALL these problems, someone has only a part, someone may not have any problems with the game at all ...
All this at all could not have been on Renpy, because Renpy either works, or does not work and after a couple of hours comes out a fix and everything works again. I seriously don't understand why Unity's power is needed, this game in terms of mechanics is just flipping through images, making choices...
All this would be much simpler and more enjoyable, Developer, please think about switching to Renpy. I'm sure you'll win a lot of new subscribers with this.

PS: I apologize for all the text, I just really like the game, but Unity kills it.

Riblit

Oct 16, 2019
any chance of a Mega Link for Full Game because Letsupload is giving me speeds of 33.9KB/s which means the full game is going to take 1Day 17 Hours for me to download where even with out a paid membership Mega gives way better speeds

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
any chance of a Mega Link for Full Game because Letsupload is giving me speeds of 33.9KB/s which means the full game is going to take 1Day 17 Hours for me to download where even with out a paid membership Mega gives way better speeds
See this post for a full game download through MEGA #1719

Thanks to patrickB

Reactions: patrickB

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
First off, thanks for your hard work and actively engaging the community on this site. It is noticed and appreciated.

This has been an interesting experience playing. There are some definite positives to this game, but also some fairly glaring negatives for me as well. I guess I'm on the fence on this one. The renders are pretty great and high quality and the characters look great so that is a big plus that always helps offset negative aspects. There are a few flaws that I am having the most difficulty with that make it hard to enjoy or like this game, and I really want to like this game. It has so much potential and upside.

1. Game flow via non-linear play: the lack of forced direction can be fine if properly executed, but in this case it allows a very jumbled and mixed up storyline that creates confusion and gaps in the story that would otherwise be preventable with a forced route method. It makes a walkthrough pretty much required to navigate the game safely, and even then, it isn't perfect. It also sounds like this game recently underwent a major functional overhaul, and the time and money taken in doing that is certainly not without its appreciation, I just worry that it may have been a mistake (I haven't tried the game before and don't know how it used to be so I don't know one way or the other on that one).

2. Game flow via too much going on: This is probably due to the other game flow problems I mentioned and might not even be a problem if other things were done differently. But for now, with all these side quests, it's harder to keep track of everything and I feel all over the place. Nothing wrong with that in a normal story sometimes, it's just not what I look for in erotic games as a big part of playing is to stick with a character and see how they develop and enjoy the show. I felt myself rushing through side quests of some characters just to get back to the characters I most wanted to see progress. As a result, I felt like I cheated myself out of story points that will surely effect things later. This could have been less of a concern if the story was a little more linear or forced maybe.

4. Significant Dialogue/Translation concerns: This happens in many games I've noticed, so the game is by no means alone in this problem. But it seems especially distracting here at times. I understand, it takes money, time and outside help to fix something like this, so I don't really hold a fault to this one as much, but this combined with the rest just adds to it I guess. An easy example of this would be the hot spot "look better" texts are especially distracting and could easily instead say "look closer" or "change view/angle" or maybe even "get a better look/view" depending on the respective scene in question. That's just one example though.

5. Also, I haven't played the game thoroughly so I could be mistaken, but I get the feeling that, many or all of the side quests and routes have no ultimate bearing or effect on the outcome of the story. This would also be a major flaw if true, but I didn't take the time to confirm one way or the other.

6. I noticed the cheating route storyline often doesn't really flow or make logical sense, and either often falls back into the swinging storyline, or frequently ignores the fact that they haven't been honest with each other. It's like the cheating route was never properly developed and plays into the feeling that this game might be a "all roads lead to Rome" ending feeling that I get.

I think I’m missing something else I wanted to mention as well, but I can’t remember right now, and I don’t want to trash the game anymore than I feel like I already am. It’s not my intention to trash the game at all. Just wanted to point out constructive criticism points as a way of showing my appreciation for providing the game here at all.

Also, there are other engine and game mechanics that I personally find annoying or do not prefer, but they aren't things I would not support or buy a game over, so I don't find it needed to mention those things here. But the above things are items that do make an impact in my determining degrees of support, and I am sure for many other people as well. Again, I really do want to like this game as the potential is pretty awesome. It's just really hard for me to like this game because of the above mentioned issues, and I wanted to share my feedback and experience in playing for that reason.

Reactions: Koulo077 and Blayo

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
First of all I really appreciate the time you spent for this constructive criticism of the game: it's always useful to hear a different point of view. ;)
Let me try to argue on each of your points as constructive as you were.

First off, thanks for your hard work and actively engaging the community on this site. It is noticed and appreciated.

This has been an interesting experience playing. There are some definite positives to this game, but also some fairly glaring negatives for me as well. I guess I'm on the fence on this one. The renders are pretty great and high quality and the characters look great so that is a big plus that always helps offset negative aspects. There are a few flaws that I am having the most difficulty with that make it hard to enjoy or like this game, and I really want to like this game. It has so much potential and upside.

1. Game flow via non-linear play: the lack of forced direction can be fine if properly executed, but in this case it allows a very jumbled and mixed up storyline that creates confusion and gaps in the story that would otherwise be preventable with a forced route method. It makes a walkthrough pretty much required to navigate the game safely, and even then, it isn't perfect. It also sounds like this game recently underwent a major functional overhaul, and the time and money taken in doing that is certainly not without its appreciation, I just worry that it may have been a mistake (I haven't tried the game before and don't know how it used to be so I don't know one way or the other on that one).
HM features a story composed of different storylines playing around the two main characters (Jenny and Jim). IMHO, a simple linear mechanic would have reduced all the flavors of the story. It's true that you can advance in a storyline ignoring the others although there are some constraints in the advances that forces the player to a "parallel" advance in all the storylines.
The "functional overhaul" (i.e. the map/storylines UI) was done at the end of the first game phases (mainly to present the characters) and was planned since the start of the project.

2. Game flow via too much going on: This is probably due to the other game flow problems I mentioned and might not even be a problem if other things were done differently. But for now, with all these side quests, it's harder to keep track of everything and I feel all over the place. Nothing wrong with that in a normal story sometimes, it's just not what I look for in erotic games as a big part of playing is to stick with a character and see how they develop and enjoy the show. I felt myself rushing through side quests of some characters just to get back to the characters I most wanted to see progress. As a result, I felt like I cheated myself out of story points that will surely effect things later. This could have been less of a concern if the story was a little more linear or forced maybe.
It's true that it could be difficult to follow the evolution of the various storylines for the player. That's why the game presents the "Storylines Big Picture" screen (you can open it by clicking on the "Storylines" word above the map); in that screen you can follow the advancements in each storyline. Beside, in the map screen, by clicking on the storylines icons you can see all the step already played with a small descriptive text. All these features are there to help the player as much as possible to keep track of what's happening.

4. Significant Dialogue/Translation concerns: This happens in many games I've noticed, so the game is by no means alone in this problem. But it seems especially distracting here at times. I understand, it takes money, time and outside help to fix something like this, so I don't really hold a fault to this one as much, but this combined with the rest just adds to it I guess. An easy example of this would be the hot spot "look better" texts are especially distracting and could easily instead say "look closer" or "change view/angle" or maybe even "get a better look/view" depending on the respective scene in question. That's just one example though.
You touch one of my "limits": I'm clearly not native English. Recently (since around CH7) I was so lucky to have two guys who's helping me with the dialogues (so many thanks to both of them!).
Anyway, I get your sample and will try to correct that text.

5. Also, I haven't played the game thoroughly so I could be mistaken, but I get the feeling that, many or all of the side quests and routes have no ultimate bearing or effect on the outcome of the story. This would also be a major flaw if true, but I didn't take the time to confirm one way or the other.
Each storyline has it's own scope and ending. We're approaching the final stages of the game. In CH13 you'll see the first endings. I don't want to spoil anything, but endings are related to each other.

6. I noticed the cheating route storyline often doesn't really flow or make logical sense, and either often falls back into the swinging storyline, or frequently ignores the fact that they haven't been honest with each other. It's like the cheating route was never properly developed and plays into the feeling that this game might be a "all roads lead to Rome" ending feeling that I get.
Many players complained about this aspect. In effect the "Swinging, Cheating or Hotwife ?" storyline lives by itself in the scope of the main story/game. It's included in the first part, where Jenny and Jim are discovering new approaches to their living as a couple, experimenting the three different ways. That storyline ends in the early stages, letting the main characters continue their story, mixed with those of the side characters (i.e. the main storylines).

I think I’m missing something else I wanted to mention as well, but I can’t remember right now, and I don’t want to trash the game anymore than I feel like I already am. It’s not my intention to trash the game at all. Just wanted to point out constructive criticism points as a way of showing my appreciation for providing the game here at all.

Also, there are other engine and game mechanics that I personally find annoying or do not prefer, but they aren't things I would not support or buy a game over, so I don't find it needed to mention those things here. But the above things are items that do make an impact in my determining degrees of support, and I am sure for many other people as well. Again, I really do want to like this game as the potential is pretty awesome. It's just really hard for me to like this game because of the above mentioned issues, and I wanted to share my feedback and experience in playing for that reason.
I would be grateful if you kindly give me some more of your time listing the other "engine and game mechanics" that are annoying you. This can be useful and may also lead to modifications in the game to get it better (like the introduction of removal of avoidable hotspots, automatic placement of characters coohort in the map etc.).

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
Haha, I just noticed I apparently cannot count! I was looking for reason #3 and it wasn't there! oop!

HM features a story composed of different storylines playing around the two main characters (Jenny and Jim). IMHO, a simple linear mechanic would have reduced all the flavors of the story. It's true that you can advance in a storyline ignoring the others although there are some constraints in the advances that forces the player to a "parallel" advance in all the storylines.
The "functional overhaul" (i.e. the map/storylines UI) was done at the end of the first game phases (mainly to present the characters) and was planned since the start of the project.
I guess my main point here is, the way it's executed here makes it especially easy for a player to get lost in where to go next in the story correctly without going out of order. Example, say I try to progress in "My Prey" further than another sub plot such as "My Challenge". The game allows me to do this to enough extent that I will miss dialogue points that the game presumes have already occurred, but me as the gamer have not seen before as I have not yet completed enough of "My Challenge". This presents a pretty big problem to any newcomers to the game that choose not to use a walkthrough or have no previous knowledge of the game. It can be very confusing and leaves less incentive to keep playing at times.

It's true that it could be difficult to follow the evolution of the various storylines for the player. That's why the game presents the "Storylines Big Picture" screen (you can open it by clicking on the "Storylines" word above the map); in that screen you can follow the advancements in each storyline. Beside, in the map screen, by clicking on the storylines icons you can see all the step already played with a small descriptive text. All these features are there to help the player as much as possible to keep track of what's happening.
This basically tie's in to the previous problem. I think maybe locking out progressing in certain parts of the story until a separate but relevant and important other story has been accomplished would help with this. That way a player doesn't accidentally go out of order. This way I am not reading dialogue about a dinner event that I haven't seen yet.

You touch one of my "limits": I'm clearly not native English. Recently (since around CH7) I was so lucky to have two guys who's helping me with the dialogues (so many thanks to both of them!).
Anyway, I get your sample and will try to correct that text.
Again, I try not to criticize for something like this because I understand its difficulties on such a fickle language like English, and I appreciate any attempts to use it. It was just mentioned as a problem here because for me it was compounded by other issues in the game for me, and this is something that would have helped alleviate some of the other problems I ran into. If you have a transcript of the story dialogue, I could probably help some with that. I'm not even sure transcripts are a thing, as I am not a programmer.

Each storyline has it's own scope and ending. We're approaching the final stages of the game. In CH13 you'll see the first endings. I don't want to spoil anything, but endings are related to each other.
I brought this up because I felt like no matter what I did in a side story, it felt like I was going to have the same outcome in the end. For instance, will failing "the challenge" result in any changes to the ending? is it even possible to fail "the challenge"? Do failing some portions but not all, change the course of the story? I didn't get a clear sense that it did any of that.

Many players complained about this aspect. In effect the "Swinging, Cheating or Hotwife ?" storyline lives by itself in the scope of the main story/game. It's included in the first part, where Jenny and Jim are discovering new approaches to their living as a couple, experimenting the three different ways. That storyline ends in the early stages, letting the main characters continue their story, mixed with those of the side characters (i.e. the main storylines).
This is also why I had concerns about if any events mattered. In the cheating route, Jenny often mentions how they have an open relationship and they have and do each have fun with other people. As far as I remember, Jenny and Jim didn't really have this agreement in the cheating route, but somehow I ended up here anyways. Again, it just leads me to feel like nothing in the story will change the ending. Not saying it is true or not, because of course I do not know. But these types of dialogue and story missteps both confuse the gamer and discourage the gamer from moving forward in different directions.

I would be grateful if you kindly give me some more of your time listing the other "engine and game mechanics" that are annoying you. This can be useful and may also lead to modifications in the game to get it better (like the introduction of removal of avoidable hotspots, automatic placement of characters coohort in the map etc.).
As I mentioned, they aren't things I refuse to play a game over, and are generally minor, so I don't usually make a big deal over. But things like forced cut scenes with x time length, are pretty annoying to me. Especially so when I want to redo a route (which happens a lot). Anything that slows me down from playing the game a second, third, fourth time through, is discouraging. I get to see something once. Ok, but not being able to click through a handjob scene is annoying. It's also why I prefer ren'py instead of unity, because the game is faster and smoother and can quickly speed through if I want to on stuff I have already seen before.

Another game mechanic that was annoying to me for some reason. I'm not sure how or why, but I have never ran into the problem before (maybe coincidence?) but in windowed mode, when moving back and forth from game to walkthrough, often I would click back to the game and I would somehow click the change window size and mess up my ratio badly. As I said, it may have been a coincidence and nothing your game specifically does. It could be just a unity thing, but I have never come across the problem in other unity games before that I can remember. Is there no way to lock screen size in?

Also, the mouse curser is very big, distracting and annoyingly in the way pretty often for me.

I saw the dialouge options in the beginning offering stationary or not. But the non stationary dialogue seems less than ideally placed sometimes.

Again, those are nitpicking issues I have with the game, and I only mention them because you asked for them.

There may be other ones, but that's what I can think of right now. Hope I make sense on my points.

Edit: spell check! double oops!

Last edited:

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Haha, I just noticed I apparently cannot count! I was looking for reason #3 and it wasn't there! oop!

I guess my main point here is, the way it's executed here makes it especially easy for a player to get lost in where to go next in the story correctly without going out of order. Example, say I try to progress in "My Prey" further than another sub plot such as "My Challenge". The game allows me to do this to enough extent that I will miss dialogue points that the game presumes have already occurred, but me as the gamer have not seen before as I have not yet completed enough of "My Challenge". This presents a pretty big problem to any newcomers to the game that choose not to use a walkthrough or have no previous knowledge of the game. It can be very confusing and leaves less incentive to keep playing at times.

This basically tie's in to the previous problem. I think maybe locking out progressing in certain parts of the story until a separate but relevant and important other story has been accomplished would help with this. That way a player doesn't accidentally go out of order. This way I am not reading dialogue about a dinner event that I haven't seen yet.

Again, I try not to criticize for something like this because I understand its difficulties on such a fickle language like English, and I appreciate any attempts to use it. It was just mentioned as a problem here because for me it was compounded by other issues in the game for me, and this is something that would have helped alleviate some of the other problems I ran into. If you have a transcript of the story dialogue, I could probably help some with that. I'm not even sure transcripts are a thing, as I am not a programmer.

I brought this up because I felt like no matter what I did in a side story, it felt like I was going to have the same outcome in the end. For instance, will failing "the challenge" result in any changes to the ending? is it even possible to fail "the challenge"? Do failing some portions but not all, change the course of the story? I didn't get a clear sense that it did any of that.

This is also why I had concerns about if any events mattered. In the cheating route, Jenny often mentions how they have an open relationship and they have and do each have fun with other people. As far as I remember, Jenny and Jim didn't really have this agreement in the cheating route, but somehow I ended up here anyways. Again, it just leads me to feel like nothing in the story will change the ending. Not saying it is true or not, because of course I do not know. But these types of dialogue and story missteps both confuse the gamer and discourage the gamer from moving forward in different directions.

As I mentioned, they aren't things I refuse to play a game over, and are generally minor, so I don't usually make a big deal over. But things like forced cut scenes with x time length, are pretty annoying to me. Especially so when I want to redo a route (which happens a lot). Anything that slows me down from playing the game a second, third, fourth time through, is discouraging. I get to see something once. Ok, but not being able to click through a handjob scene is annoying. It's also why I prefer ren'py instead of unity, because the game is faster and smoother and can quickly speed through if I want to on stuff I have already seen before.

Another game mechanic that was annoying to me for some reason. I'm not sure how or why, but I have never ran into the problem before (maybe coincidence?) but in windowed mode, when moving back and forth from game to walkthrough, often I would click back to the game and I would somehow click the change window size and mess up my ratio badly. As I said, it may have been a coincidence and nothing your game specifically does. It could be just a unity thing, but I have never come across the problem in other unity games before that I can remember. Is there no way to lock screen size in?

Also, the mouse curser is very big, distracting and annoyingly in the way pretty often for me.

I saw the dialouge options in the beginning offering stationary or not. But the non stationary dialogue seems less than ideally placed sometimes.

Again, those are nitpicking issues I have with the game, and I only mention them because you asked for them.

There may be other ones, but that's what I can think of right now. Hope I make sense on my points.

Edit: spell check! double oops!
Thanks mate. All considerations has been noted as precious feedback. :)

Reactions: bluerubber

Rule97

May 2, 2018
Overall i enjoy this game amd maybe i started it with the wrong mindset but i feel there's a lot more of content for Jenny, than Jim, specially without including the other.

And i'm saying it despite playing all storylines where Jim is not a cuck or get's off by seeing his wife get fucked by somebody else.

Again maybe i started the game with the mindset that the game would try to balance their relationship more smoothly.

3.50 star(s) 30 Votes