Ren'Py A Heartfelt Visit [Ch. 2] [Secret Arcade]

3.30 star(s) 10 Votes

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
Ok I think I go this figure out in Ch1:
As mentioned before, follow the list top to bottom in that exact order, most importantly do not do anything that's not on the list.
What I noticed is that when you do stuff out of order and additionally you visit the lady with the pool (far right house) you get an error that locks you out, and that error presents it self when you try visit Chloe in her room. :unsure:
Another weird one but in Ch2:
This one happens when you progress enough to where it tells you to go to see Katy(upstairs) but you can not enter her room, what I noticed you have to go to Nicholas room first to wake him up and than you can go see Katy.:unsure:

Reactions: Vortex@

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
I know there are a few scripts already in this thread this one unlocks rollback too. I did notice if you use it extensively it can make some quests turn into ???? but they auto corrected when going forward again. There are many bugs with the quests but other than having to hit ignore a few times when the script tried to remove certain quests I played though just fine as long as I did'nt visit the neighbor on the right at the pool before asked too. A couple of times you might have to talk to Nick or Chloe not in the quest list but needed to progress. F.e, I couldnt sleep on the first night because I still had to talk to Nick but there was no quest hint.

Enabled rollbacks.
Fixed many instances of the player name being MC or ME.
Fixed a whole bunch of spelling mistakes and random capital letters.
Added the "hidden" final scene after Kate turns on the radio on the camping trip drive. I would advise to save before this point in case something changes that breaks your save in the update. Hopefully dev wasn't saving vars as persistent or something crazy but I never noticed it. Sometimes devs block rollback because of bad coding habits, sometimes maybe too lazy to use renpy.block_rollback() at the appropriate times, other times they are just crazy not sure which applies.

dominhhieu90

Mar 13, 2022
Game initially ended for me when Kate turned on the car radio to make the rest of the drive to the hotel enjoyable. I checked the script and found there is an additional scene with Kate and the MC at the hotel. I fixed the script (attached) so the last scene plays out, then get the abrupt ending. Hope it helps.
Can you guide me?

Dec 21, 2019
From the Dev:

I mentioned before that the scenes with Kate and the doctor (ex husband) will never be in the game. The first version of this game looked completely different and those images are leftovers.

If I were to write / implement an NTR game, I wouldn't have created five love interests that the MC just met, but one love interest that the MC has a well-established relationship with.

As I said, I don't want to explain myself, but I clarified this aspect for you, Vortex, because you have been active here since I launched this game.
Trying to talk sense to the anti-ntr brigade? Sisyphus has a better shot at finally pushing that boulder to the top of the hill.

Feb 20, 2024
You should not let a player into the pool house before the trip starts. It messes up the game. Then comes a task that can't be done. Then you can't find Lana anywhere and no other mission opens up. Personally, I went to her house right after the first cat mission was done and the game was stuck at that point.

- The big minus is the rollback feature is turned off so I had to put a custom file in the game that allows the rollback feature.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Constructive Feedback: Mouse scrollback not working. Have to look at history to re-read dialogue. Went to preferences and reselected same functions, no difference in scene rollback. Used HELP in MENU, which implied arrow keys maybe the left and right functions, no scene manipulation resulted again. Page Up and Page Down no function. So I believe your mechanical control for dialogue and scene manipulation is disabled. Quick menu screen bottom, BACK button
shaded (inoperable to date).
Post grocery assist Lana (R) of Nina house: Wrap around text runs below viewing, switch between fullscreen / Windowed not able to read last line of Lana dialogue: "...wouldn't be a good idea in case I was...?" Used History button to read unviewable text: "...sick or something."
MC initial gift to Nina, why pants if he has plans? Note she is hot and sticky in a light summer dress, the gift without her showering will still make her hot & sticky. Seasonal, would be good for a colder season, perhaps later in story?

Separate question: What function does or will the apparent Journal in top left corner of screen serve? My first thoughts were gallery access or quest lists. But it is always black so far, the X on its open pages close same journal. Reached revelation of "Quest Log" for journal name.

Aesthetics, I like the hanging crates the plants are in, maybe the pot/plants should be taller or remove one level of wood siding for sunlight. If you drew those, vs available affordable placeable gifs.
Post finding Nina "placing gift in MC bag" only quest:Talk with Lana again. Navigation to next scene no progress. View attachment auto-1-LT1.save View attachment auto-1-LT1.save
Quest for Otix (Kate's orange Tabby) opening Chloe's door error (ignored didn't retry door) dialogue appears:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 6233, in script call
call screen chapter_selector
File "game/script.rpy", line 3261, in script
$ quest._remove_quest("id07", "Main story" )
File "game/script.rpy", line 3261, in <module>
File "game/script.rpy", line 198, in _remove_quest
del self.quests_dict[category][id]
KeyError: u'id07'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 6233, in script call
call screen chapter_selector
File "game/script.rpy", line 3261, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 3261, in <module>
File "game/script.rpy", line 198, in _remove_quest
del self.quests_dict[category][id]
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/collections.py", line 85, in __delitem__
KeyError: u'id07'

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
A Heartfelt Visit CHP.2
Wed Aug 21 14:00:11 2024
```

Last edited:

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
Constructive Feedback: Mouse scrollback not working. Have to look at history to re-read dialogue. Went to preferences and reselected same functions, no difference in scene rollback. Used HELP in MENU, which implied arrow keys maybe the left and right functions, no scene manipulation resulted again. Page Up and Page Down no function. So I believe your mechanical control for dialogue and scene manipulation is disabled. Quick menu screen bottom, BACK button
shaded (inoperable to date).
Separate question: What function does or will the apparent Journal in top left corner of screen serve? My first thoughts were gallery access or quest lists. But it is always black so far, the X on its open pages close same journal.
he disabled rollback till he can fix it because it was breaking quests. And the journal in the top left is the quest log

gunsti

Jan 24, 2018
I like this game. BUT it has some serous faults in the story line that makes it almost unplayable. You have to play the story 100% as the Dev planned (without knowing the plan)- If you do one small thing before another (meeting someone/openning the wrong door etc) then the storyline changes and skips back and forth. I'll check back in 3-4 versions

Reactions: Vortex@

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Fixes the replacement script.rpy by Daddy-S fixes the scrollback and forward issue. Read that when the Quest log (journal image top left) is activated, you must follow exact sequence of quests before going to next line. I had been locked probably because I went to far right street address before going to left of Nina's house. Loaded updated script.rpy, and then loaded save prior to quest activation journal log. Testing.
At quest line: Talk to Chloe in her room, Chloe has left the building (elvis joke) test fail. You have to return Otis to Kate sequence before finding Chloe? No Chloe remains mia. Did rounds (prior to speaking to Nina on sofa, search for Chloe, script changed her door locked talk of returning later. Door no longer opens, Chloe quest clearned, can speak to Nina now. Not certain which was Chloe's room since it navigates similar to Nina's room, I clicked Boys room, got error, rollback, similar on Chloe room, Nicholas quest cleared, cannot find Nina. Used the ignore button twice once to resave Chloe conversation, and once ignoring error on Nick room. Trouble getting Nina quest cleared mia in house. Gave up on finding nina post neighbor far right invite, and searches in Nina house. Went to Lana in driveway. Nina pops up by passenger side Rear during conversation with Lana in driveway. Kate quest pops up, the great Otis search recurring. Seems to be missing story, Kate and MC stretch break on way to campsite. Return to car, change stations and next they are pulling into a Motel, complaining about a bear chase (not seen), meeting Chloe, checking into two rooms. Moving Kate into Room with MC for shower, mouse, then blank patreon screen?

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 10 Votes