SonicBoom

Dec 9, 2020
It would have been better just a couple or three characters. Half of the characters are "filling", IMO. The MC, Rae and maybe one or two of the others, and that´s all. And then, development of the story and characters. It seems that the initial plot of this game is lasting forever adding character after character after character.

Sere

May 15, 2017
So I see there are the tags "Corruption" and "Sandbox" so I have a few questions and I appreciate it if someone can answer them.

1- Can you corrupt all the characters, just a few specific ones, or is it the MC that gets corrupted?
2- Can you change the girls' outfits and if you can, would they react differently?

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Imma address the most common concern right away. I tent to advance girl's stories in "arcs". When Lyriel came to the house, there were something like 3 or 4 updates focused solely on her. Yona's starting arc is finished as of 0.5.2.

Starting from 0.5.3, Lyriel's story gets another push. There are something like 10 new encounters with her in the current alpha alone. After Lyriel's next arc is finished (1 or 2 more updates), I'll focus on Cait for a few updates. Both Lyriel's and Cait's upcoming arcs will feature their "first times" with the MC.

After that, I'll make a final decision on the inclusion of the 6th main cast girl. If there will be one, I'll introduce her, and from that point on I'll be able to advance the main story and add more multi-girl events. And if we're keeping the main cast down to 5 characters, then I'll just start advancing the main story straight away.

And one other note. Lyriel currently has the largest number of events and amount of content in general of all the girls. As of 0.5.3 there are ~2000 images related to Lyriel's events, compared to only ~1500 for Rae. And here's the current story structure. Lyriel's events are in light green.
View attachment 1078516

1. intentional :censored:
2. perhaps :sneaky:
3. Not commenting on Rae, but the "approaches for sex" mechanic is planned

I need to finish introducing the main cast to advance the story and be able to do more multi-girl events and crossovers.
And please see the top of the post for more context.

There's a static method missing from the "quest" object in your traceback. I made a move from the static initialization method of the, er, static methods to a runtime codegen last October. If you are modding the game or running it via some sort of an emulator or something like this, that might cause issues. I can take a look at your save, but it's very unlikely that I'll be able to fix this for you.

Drop by our discord, we have saves there.

You will have to bring her in to advance the main story. After that, all the girls' personal stories are completely decoupled. You might miss some crossover events, but you will be able to progress through all the others' primary questlines.

Please see the top of this post for the explanation of my approach to the development and the upcoming content breakdown.

Wait for 0.5.4 or (less likely) 0.5.5 :p

Please see the top of this post for the explanation of my approach to the development.

There was some slight dropoff. I'm pushing ahead on passion/wanting to tell the story the way I wanted it. That said, I try to be open to criticism, that's why Yona got a slight makeover in the very first update with her (happened between Beta and EA release).
And please see the top of this post for more context.

I'd say a very long time as I have no plans for anything like that yet.

Please see the top of this post for the explanation of my approach to the development and the upcoming content breakdown.

She's just not a witch, you know?

Both of the trees are supposed to be "wiggling" as there is a slight breeze in the backyard. Only the one next to the pool somehow lost its animation controller during the export and I still haven't fixed this. :rolleyes: But I guess it looks weird in the static renders, so maybe I should just freeze the other one.

yes :whistle:

Could you post your save with the missing hint? It should be there.
The dream app rework is currently relegated to the bottom of the todo list as I keep being late with everything.
And yes, Naomi's room was supposed to get an update version, I just kinda forgot about it.

Please post your save, I'll have a look.

Thank you for your detailed, thoughtful and PATIENT reply to all of our comments, concerns and griping. Even though I have been one of those bitching about certain things - I understand that it is your work to do with as you see fit and (unless you take Rae away from me) will remain one of my absolute favorite games. I'm sure many here feel the same way.

Now if you really want to know how to do it the RIGHT way let me tell you ..............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(just kidding, I couldn't tell this story 1/10th as well)

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
So I see there are the tags "Corruption" and "Sandbox" so I have a few questions and I appreciate it if someone can answer them.

1- Can you corrupt all the characters, just a few specific ones, or is it the MC that gets corrupted?
2- Can you change the girls' outfits and if you can, would they react differently?
1. The corruption is limited to just a couple of the characters, namely Csit and Lyriel.

2. The girls occasionally wear different outfits, but mostly the same, and as the player you have no control over that.

Reactions: ZanithOne and Sere

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
EDIT: For new girl, it would be nice to get something new, not human, orc or elf, just something interesting new. Maybe goblin, for size difference, fairy, or something that changes the dynamic in good way. If there wont be another girl, it might be good choice, so that every character will have their due.
I speak from writing prespective, since that is the prespective I am most familiar with.
I sorta decided on the cast well in advance, you can even find the supposed 6th girl in one of the really early Patreon posts. But I will be doing a couple of polls for my Patrons so we can decide how to proceed. The 6th girl isn't really necessary for the main plot, to be honest.

I think I my have found a little bug with MC and Cait.
MC wake's up , Cait ask MC if he want Blow job or Hand job.
If MC has Hand job then scene finish's in then morning BUT if the MC has a Blow job the scene finishes in the afternoon?
Hmmm, yeah, I should probably decide on that.

I'd not mind more Yona. Also, more inter-girl lewds.
Definitely going to happen.

It would have been better just a couple or three characters. Half of the characters are "filling", IMO. The MC, Rae and maybe one or two of the others, and that´s all. And then, development of the story and characters. It seems that the initial plot of this game is lasting forever adding character after character after character.
As I mentioned earlier, the game was supposed to have 6 (and at one point I was considering adding even more) primary girls. The plot will pick up soon enough, but realistically, the bulk of content will still be in the girls' personal stories.

I won't be splitting the main game. I may consider spinoffs focusing on minor characters in the future, but that's about it.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I sorta decided on the cast well in advance, you can even find the supposed 6th girl in one of the really early Patreon posts. But I will be doing a couple of polls for my Patrons so we can decide how to proceed. The 6th girl isn't really necessary for the main plot, to be honest.
After my first post about Yona, someone linked me that post and I have to say that at least visually I like the 6th girl more than Yona or Naomi but from her description, about being obsessed with toys she can stay where she is as I don't like the idea that she prefers toys over the MC.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I love the character Yona. Funny, I didn't even realize there was any content for her. I don't read the release notes/changelogs generally as they are spoilers. I was just looking at the to-do book list and didn't see anything. Not that it matters what I think, but I think she was a good Add to the game.
I would never presume to change any of the characters but just for grits and shins if I were to rank them
Azraesha first by far
Yona
Naomi
Caitlin & Lyriel both bottom
cheers

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Check on Cait when she's at the pool is not working for me
Please post your save, I'll have a look.

I don't know if it's bug or no, bu you need to max-up Physical skill. Just train at attic or fight with gals
Huh? There shouldn't be a physical stat requirement for that event.

To be clear, Hi-res and compress has the same quality right?
No, both versions are lossy (webp + webm), but the compressed version is much more lossy.

(Random factoid: my "raw" 4K PNG folder with renders is now pushing 90Gb)

Good Morning...
A BLASTED Bug Keeps Popping Up When Trying To Do This Part. xP
See???...
What Should I Do?????????????...
This bug is caused by the static methods not being initialized properly for some reason. Is your game modded or otherwise not "vanilla"? And I can't help but notice that you are playing in Win 8, same as the other person reporting this bug. Wonder if that might be the problem (somehow) :unsure:

4.70 star(s) 319 Votes