Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
It's not the submissiveness of it, i'm a sub myself and love that kind of thing.

Yona just feels, I guess empty is the word i'd use. It's like there is nothing to her, just going through the motions like it's something she was programmed to do.

Just feels emotionless and, well, empty.

It's like someone put an Alexa in an orc suit and told it to try and act like people but it's failing in every way and has no clue what to do.

That's what is making me feel uncomfortable. Everything about her feels off.

I'll just stick to minimal interaction.

Shame though, she has a gorgeous character model.

Love the other girls just that one makes my skin crawl with how weird it all feels. Deff not for me.

On the Naomi thing, if the dev made her sub that would completely kill her character. I think that would ruin the game for me. She just would not fit that role.
This feeling of yours fits right into the way her arc is written.

Yona thinks she's in the spirit world waiting to disappear into oblivion. She no longer has anything she can do to change the world or her life.

At the end of this update, we will explain to her that this is not the case. Yona will gain new hope for life, and we can expect her to behave differently from the next update.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
But I had repeating "Hang out with Cait" and right after I maxed out phisyc skill, immediately she start swimming: here it's save: Google Drive
Day 208 is before new patch.
Also, I used patcher to update game (btw. thanks for such thing!)
I just tried your save and it activated fine for me. It is a side event chain, so it goes missing from the love app when it's not active. Have you encountered any errors or something like this before?

Weird question to ask in a game full of sex but is there any drawback to avoiding the orc girl?

I've tried but every scene with her is really awkward and the sex is so uncomfortable to read it dried me up so fast it was like i'd sandblasted my vagina.

Her conversations are awkward enough but the sex just creeps me out. It's like fucking a sex doll emulating sentience.
As others said, you have to bring her to the house, but you can stop interacting with her after that. Mind, you can complete her "wife" route without having sex with her once.

And things are going to change with her. Not yet, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

_Interrobang_

Jun 9, 2017
And here's the current story structure. Lyriel's events are in light green.
Hey, Zanith! It was definitely not your intention as you were just addressing some remarks of some users, but I've gotta say that I got curious about your organization in general after seeing that image. Most importantly than a particular software (although, is that draw.io?), what is your usual organization for the project? I know that the question itself is pretty generic, sorry for that, it's just that I've got curious about the project management of one of my favorite devs in here.

As a side note, been in the industry for a good while but VNs will definitely be a first here, planning on starting one myself due to you and some others. For my own organization I'm going with:
(for general management of everything);
(just for general flow chart of the story structure, like your example on this page or );
and Google Docs for readable blocks of story themselves because I honestly don't know better!

cichy96

Feb 26, 2020
I just tried your save and it activated fine for me. It is a side event chain, so it goes missing from the love app when it's not active. Have you encountered any errors or something like this before?
No, never... But it's even funnier: I loaded this save again (only to check it) and... It's working! Why? How? What happend erlier? I have absolutely no idea! "There have always been ghosts in the machine", I guess

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Dear developer, I would really love if you would bolster content for the girls already in game. Namely, FINALLY make Cait fully sexable and and add more content for Lyri, instead adding... questionable ork females to the harem and spawning minor one-time events.
Cait's story push is coming right after Lyriel's.

No, never... But it's even funnier: I loaded this save again (only to check it) and... It's working! Why? How? What happend erlier? I have absolutely no idea! "There have always been ghosts in the machine", I guess
Idk about ghosts, but there is a special recovery routine that gets activated on game and tries to restore missing triggers. I've been thinking about running it every couple of in-game days, but it might introduce some unwanted side effects, too.

BigJim61

May 9, 2019
hi i looked at the help for the items on the opening, but it seems that it is not up to date so while searching for the newest ones i used a bit of my time to make some screenshots for everyone that has trouble with the hidden items (highlighted in the red circle):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hope this helps someone
Thank you

Reactions: Darkkia

BigJim61

May 9, 2019
I don't know where you people are getting these ideas of how elves are, or how orcs are, or what kind of dynamics they have. I mean, look at Lyriel interacting with Yona, I think it's fair to say you should leave your Tolkien/Warhammer/Warcraft/Whatever -based preconceptions at the door.

Right? I feel like I'm taking crazy-pills!
First of all, let me say, all creative people are inspired by other creative people. Assuming you're 100% on point, basing a game on three highly successful fictional endeavors is probably a very smart business model. Secondly, if you think you have the power or right to curb the creative process of others you've already been taking those crazy pills for too long. LOL Sorry I didn't mean for that to come off as critical as it sounded.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
First of all, let me say, all creative people are inspired by other creative people. Assuming you're 100% on point, basing a game on three highly successful fictional endeavors is probably a very smart business model. Secondly, if you think you have the power or right to curb the creative process of others you've already been taking those crazy pills for too long. LOL Sorry I didn't mean for that to come off as critical as it sounded.
I, uhh, I just don't understand why you're telling me this at all. It reads like you're disagreeing with something, but I'm not sure what or how. So...

Yes, people are influenced by their own experiences, and weaving that inspiration into their own work is part of what we call creativity. Zanith has indeed made a good call in drawing something familiar from Tolkien: modern orcs and elves, for example. But Zanith is at least good enough at world-building that (presumably) not the entire elven culture would be lifted straight from Middle Earth. There is no reason - none whatsoever - to presume there's bad blood between elves and orcs. I mean, in Tolkien's works there are thousands of years of history of war, and orcs were literally corrupted from elves in that setting, and god damn it, this is not a tangent I should be going on, sorry.
Anyway, after the way princess Lyriel greeted Yona, I think it's outright ridiculous (ie, deserving of ridicule) to suggest there's some sort of race-hate going on there.

Me finding ideas that go against what the canon content shows ridiculous, is not the same as me deluding myself into thinking I have "the power or right to curb the creative process". Neither is me expressing that opinion, nor is me trying to poke holes in theories that seem to go against what we've been shown.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm really not sure what you're objecting to here, if anything, so I figured I'd at least clarify my thoughts on the matter (though reading through it, I should probably go to bed).

Last edited:
Reactions: Parcel

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
Thank you
no problem i made it because i was 1.) annoyed that there wasn´t sth like that before & 2.) i had time and was bored
(though i recommend the scene guide, since it is probably more helpful than my post & my pics are also found there)

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I want to talk about the moving trees and the wind. I understood right away that the moving tree was wind and found it a nice addition. I don't know how much work is needed to make those moove but it made the place feel a litle bit more alive.

Where I live it is curently the last few days of winter and it is realy windy so to me it was obvious right away that it was iintentionnal, but it might not be the case for everyone. When the characters are in the backyard and are talking about the weather I don't remember them talking about a breeze or wind in general. Prehaps simply adding a line with one character talking about it would tip the player in figuring out that mooving trees is a feature and not a bug.

Anyway to me there is already a sixth character in the game and it is the house itself, providing for it's occupant, but slowly asking them to do more and more tasks. the wind is simply something that brings it a litle bit more to life.

BigJim61

May 9, 2019
I am sorry, Like I said I didn't mean to sound so critical. It's just the way your post read it sounded like a rant. Now I support constructive criticism and think any artist worth his salt should read these posts with an open mind. I just didn't see your point and took it as "Now this is how I would have done it" kind of statement.
I also put no stock in canon. In my opinion comparing different viewpoints on how fictional characters should or should not behave is pointless. The artist creating and putting in the work of creating should have complete control of the story-line but that is not to say you don't have the right to have an opposing opinion. I just feel that it's easy to criticize and even easier to overlook the effort the artist has to put in to create something that didn't exist before. Thanks for listening to my rant, lol.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Has this thread reached a certain point? You know which one, a game becomes more popular and less and less people bother reading more than a couple posts, even when the dev is a regular and answers the bulk of questions, criticism, suggestions, doubts, etc.
It seems to reach that point on a regular basis. Some people just straight up post without reading anything and/or using search and then get irritated when they're told "that's been answered literally one post above yours".

4.70 star(s) 319 Votes