HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I don’t understand what the majority of Yona dislikes. Well, yes, clearly not an example of beauty and attractiveness. But at the same time, a very elaborate character with its own nuances in the story.
Elaborate and nuanced do not equal attractive to some people. I find her, and Naomi physically unattractive. That's why I don't like them. I don't expect people to like the girls I like, but for some reason everyone expects me to like Yona because they do. It's like your Mom trying to set you up with the fat ugly girl next door when you've already got a hot, sweetheart cheerleader girlfriend just because "she's got a nice personality" - aint happening.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It's not just that people don't like her, you really aren't required to (although when people have misconceptions like she's another femdom girl those do need pointing out), but there are a lot of idiots saying that because they don't like one girl out of five or six (plus god knows how many side girls), they're done with the game. One or two people saying stupid shit like that is to be expected, but there have been like a dozen or so.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I'm not the biggest fan of Yona, but I'm pretty sure Zanith has something good planned. I'm more than willing to wait and see how her story plays out.

Unfortunately, there are now and will always be people who look at a character and prejudge based solely on looks. It's a shame that that's the case, but there's not much you can do about it.

Reactions: DorcasAurelia

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
It's not just that people don't like her, you really aren't required to (although when people have misconceptions like she's another femdom girl those do need pointing out), but there are a lot of idiots saying that because they don't like one girl out of five or six (plus god knows how many side girls), they're done with the game. One or two people saying stupid shit like that is to be expected, but there have been like a dozen or so.
Well, I am not suprised, I have worked with guys that openly say they don't even want to meet fat chicks. When reading between the lines what they actualy ment was: they don't want to meet girls that are not skiny. Personaly I think they are missing out. There is more people out there with such opinion than one might think. What bafles me is the fact that they waste their time by typing their unhappynes (mécontentement: the word in French that I have a hard time translating to express what I mean) with the game in a way that is not constructive to the discution. Well Twiter thought people to express themselves in broad strokes, the discution about Yona can't simply be made in broad strokes especialy so erly in the developement and molding phase of the character.

one reason I want people to either shut up or almost rite an essay on the subject is because I don't know them. I don't want to assume things about them. Saying someone is a simp, alt right, woke or man baby is pointless and only cut the discution short. I want to understand where they come from, does the character intimidate them with her heigt, do they find her of to few words or is it her constant poker face that is unsetling and unlovable? All this is Data with witch the developer can work with. Simply saying they activly don't like her is also data, but it is also not much to work with. With how much love and passion is put in the game Zanith one deserve better that just a I dn't like her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
lol look on the plus side - if they do quit the game, that's a dozen or so less idiots posting! (y) :ROFLMAO:

It seems to reach that point on a regular basis. Some people just straight up post without reading anything and/or using search and then get irritated when they're told "that's been answered literally one post above yours".
lol come on, you know that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterSeeker

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Lyriel's cleaning the bathroom event where she complains that reading is boring probably needs an update if you've gone through the part of her story where she gets into books.

Reactions: ZanithOne

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
I want to talk about the moving trees and the wind. I understood right away that the moving tree was wind and found it a nice addition. I don't know how much work is needed to make those moove but it made the place feel a litle bit more alive.

Where I live it is curently the last few days of winter and it is realy windy so to me it was obvious right away that it was iintentionnal, but it might not be the case for everyone. When the characters are in the backyard and are talking about the weather I don't remember them talking about a breeze or wind in general. Prehaps simply adding a line with one character talking about it would tip the player in figuring out that mooving trees is a feature and not a bug.
You see, I sorta agree with you, and I actually like the animation myself. Buuuut I also work in the editor and can actually see the animation, how it's actually smooth and stuff. When I just look at the final renders, I see a weird wiggle from the tree and some weird shadow changes from the leaves moving around.

If it was an immersive 3D game with a free camera and stuff, it would be hella different, but it isn't. There is one thing I'd like to try, though. I'm going to try it, and if it doesn't work, I'll probably just strip the animation from the trees.

Lyriel's cleaning the bathroom event where she complains that reading is boring probably needs an update if you've gone through the part of her story where she gets into books.
Oh.

Oh...

1616065887737.png
Yeah...

:oops:

Chrislw

Aug 14, 2020
Awesome game. I love it so much.

There are beta links on Patreon for the latest update 5.3 when can we download it from here?

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
You know, the last few updates for Lyriel got me thinking about potential scenes when she feels more at ease with the MC.
Like if you help her in the bathroom and at the end, you heft her onto the sink, pull down her shorts and go down on her.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hey, ZanithOne, sorry for bothering, but a post of mine took a while to be approved because of links and I was thinking that you could have missed, #4,683 .
Oh, yes, I did.

For a bit of a background, I already had about 10 years of game dev experience when I started AHITR. This shaped some of my decisions regarding the development and allowed me to sidestep some potential issues. But at the same time I've never been a tidy person so the project is still pretty messy. I've also had no experience at all with VNs and RenPy, so there are some nasty things going on behind the scenes. I never bothered with a proper design document or a systems planning either.

The story diagram is made in the draw.io indeed. I only use it to keep track of dependencies and route progressions.

As for the actual project management, to be completely honest, I just don't do do any. I have a physical notebook that I use for the day to day todo lists. There's also a huge todo list on Workflowy that contains everything that needs to be fixed/changed/added. Ever since I started working with another artist, we've also been using Clickup. If you're not familiar with it, it's similar to Notion, Asana, and other such project management software. We're definitely not using it to its full potential, but it's handy enough for basic task tracking with attachments, task comments, and other such features.

I tried Trello, but I just don't know what to do with it. It's less handy than a simple todo list for me, and it lacks too many features to be useful for an actual task tracking.

I am using google docs, too, but only for the Patreon post drafts and the like. The actual script goes straight into the game files. And I sometimes write some random bits and pieces into a single .txt file. As I said, pretty messy.

Wish you luck with your project, and if you want to know more, ask away. But be aware that AHITR isn't that well-made, so don't listen to me too much.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Might it be an option, optional if people prefer that, to have certain triggers based on progress elsewhere?
I just started a new playthrough this week, as it's been a while, and I ended up triggering a lot of events late.
F.Ex. the second dinner with the first 3 girls a week after Lyriel was in, and then after getting Yona, which is new and as such teething problems have to be expected, I wanted to "talk to Lyriel in the Library", but she was only there on days I was supposed to etherwalk, if ever (I'm aware I could just postpone the Etherwalks, but what are the odds it's on the same day 4 times in a row? Early progress in the living area with Lyriel was also consistently possible only on days cait came in. - I want a shrugging emoji.)
Also, I basically had Lyriens stats maxed save 1 lewdness when the suggestion for a dinner with her came up, which I understand should be earlier. Now, I know that happens, but it was kind of jarring given I didn't intentionally try to mangle up the timelines. Quite the opposite, in fact, but I somehow managed anyways. Not sure how.
Still, love this game.

Last edited:

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Does compressed version also mean reduced render and animation quality? Or is it purely the size?
That would be how the size is reduced, yes. If you could just magically make the file size smaller without losing any quality then there wouldn't be a need for two different versions.

Reactions: ZanithOne
4.70 star(s) 319 Votes