Renart

Sep 12, 2020
People keep saying that the dev should work on existing characters rather than add new ones. Thing is, if they go on with the story, new characters will just have much less screen time(See SWTOR), if they just add content to existing characters then it will just be like the others don't exist. Rae, Cait, Naomi and even the orc to some extent are featured in Lyriel's encounters and story, Naomi appears in certain encounters with Rae, you can make breakfast with multiple characters and so on. It will only mess up the game.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
People keep saying that the dev should work on existing characters rather than add new ones. Thing is, if they go on with the story, new characters will just have much less screen time(See SWTOR), if they just add content to existing characters then it will just be like the others don't exist. Rae, Cait, Naomi and even the orc to some extent are featured in Lyriel's encounters and story, Naomi appears in certain encounters with Rae, you can make breakfast with multiple characters and so on. It will only mess up the game.
It's about striking a balance really. You don't want any character to be left behind and neglected but you also want to move the plot forward AND you want to give people the things they voted for. And that's not easy.

Personally I wish he'd flesh out each character more before making them a vital part in someone else's story arc. Like Yona plays a part in Lirels arc but we don't know Yona well enough her self. But that's inevitably going to happen with a game that is iteratively developed. And I personally think that it would only really be a failure if in the end product, once it's all assembled that problem still remained.

Hisakatana

May 31, 2020
I find it a bit strange people are talking/discussing/complaining about characters being added or characters not getting focused on when we only recently hit five main girls. I agree a common problem with games here is adding too many and not being able to keep up with them all, but that's generally because they end up with 10+ main characters plus side characters. This game has a decent amount of one time encounters but the main cast has thankfully been kept very low.

Perhaps some people are frustrated by the way the game has added characters one by one as opposed to an initial batch, meaning new girls got extra time spent to giving them more than just an introduction? Or maybe just because the speed of sexual escalation is varied and not paced by order of introduction (considering Lyriel was hesitant and Cait is very hesitant about escalating things while Rae, Naomi, and Yona were not shy about sex)? I do agree Cait has had a lot of sexual scenes before getting to her first time but otherwise I feel the cast has gotten a roughly fair rotation of content, it's just given in batches and not bit by bit every update (so newer players who've only been following this game for a few months are "only" seeing Lyriel and Yona updates).

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Personally I wish he'd flesh out each character more before making them a vital part in someone else's story arc.
I might misremember that, but isn‘t it on the player to balance which characters he spends time with? As in, you can finish the current story line for one character while having minimal interactions with another. Or are there locks that you need to unlock a certain story scene with another character to continue with the first one? I haven‘t started a new game in a long time so, again, I might misremember.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I might misremember that, but isn‘t it on the player to balance which characters he spends time with? As in, you can finish the current story line for one character while having minimal interactions with another. Or are there locks that you need to unlock a certain story scene with another character to continue with the first one? I haven‘t started a new game in a long time so, again, I might misremember.
That's a big part of it, I think.

Basically I think that when it comes to the pace of moving the plot along we should wait until we've met every present character and had time for their interpersonal relationships to become clear and settle for lack of a better term before introducing new ones or advancing the main plot.

So I guess what I am saying is we need more mandatory filler.

But that's just my personal view.

Reactions: Construct

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
So I guess what I am saying is we need more mandatory filler.
I mean, I‘m always a fan of having more background story. Especially in this game since the story is delivered in a light fashion. It doesn‘t feel too text heavy but it still gives a lot of insight into the characters and doesn‘t make me feel drained after reading through everything. Instead I feel satisfied that I learned something new about them and it leaves me wanting for more.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I mean, I‘m always a fan of having more background story. Especially in this game since the story is delivered in a light fashion. It doesn‘t feel too text heavy but it still gives a lot of insight into the characters and doesn‘t make me feel drained after reading through everything. Instead I feel satisfied that I learned something new about them and it leaves me wanting for more.
My point exactly.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Speak for your self. Plenty of people here support these games and just use this forum to discuss them because of the community.

And that's before we get into the fact that the dev puts out a free public version which is the one you can download here. So anyone downloading from here is in fact NOT pirating the game. They are instead using a legally available demo put out by the developer.

And the entire purpose of practices as a free public version are to gather support, user input and attract future customers. So if you think that the developer should ignore this community because we are in your words "all pirates" you are dead wrong. What we are is present customers and potential future customers partaking in a free sample.
I know about it already but considering nearly all of the game's update comes before its public updates makes this site pirate site in a sense. I can give lots of examples to that but most recent one is the Sorcerer game. Its public update came in May 7 but it came to F95 about April 30. That week is enough to make us pirate. (By the way, if there are a forum rule about publishing just the materials games dev already allowed or at least had been informed, than I am sorry but as far as I know there isnt )

Also I am not saying dev should ignore this community, even a child could see the benefits of this forum but of course they could ignore as well. I am just saying F95zone is not a necessity for devs. Maybe they cant avoid complaints in patreon but they dont have to listen about "Why this character dont have this scene, why update didnt come already, dev is milking ..." etc here to.

Last edited:

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I know about it already but considering nearly all of the game's update comes before its public updates makes this site pirate site in a sense. I can give lots of examples to that but most recent one is the Sorcerer game. Its public update come in May 7 but it came to F95 about April 30. That week is enough to make us pirate. (By the way, if there are a forum rule about publishing just the materials games dev already allowed or at least had been informed, than I am sorry but as far as I know there isnt )
I am not sure about rules but I am yet to see a download that wasn't the publicly available version of a game. At least on the games I follow here.

Also I am not saying dev should ignore this community, even a child could see the benefits of this forum but of course they could ignore as well. I am just saying F95zone is not a necessity for devs. Maybe they cant avoid complaints in patreon but they dont have to listen about "Why this character dont have this scene, why update didnt come already, dev is milking ..." etc here to.
As said, I don't agree with what he said or how he said it. But you just came off as frankly dismissive and rude in reply. And I've heard that "you can ignore online communities" argument far too many times before. Most commonly from devs that actually do milk their audience and their defenders.

I won't give any names to protect the guilty. But I must say it's getting annoying. Especially when it happens in the forum of a game where this clearly is NOT the case. In no small part because its a huge red flag when you see these things.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
I am not sure about rules but I am yet to see a download that wasn't the publicly available version of a game. At least on the games I follow here.
Being A DIK by DoctorPinkCake is an example of a game that doesn‘t have a free public release. The download here on F95 is provided by patrons that payed for the link.

On that note, the same developer has abandoned these forums after finishing his first game (which caused quite the uproar in the community) and is still doing very well for himself through patreon and steam.

Just to provide some additional information. (y)

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Being A DIK by DoctorPinkCake is an example of a game that doesn‘t have a free public release. The download here on F95 is provided by patrons that payed for the link.

On that note, the same developer has abandoned these forums after finishing his first game (which caused quite the uproar in the community) and is still doing very well for himself through patreon and steam.

Just to provide some additional information. (y)
I see. That is indeed news to me. I'll make sure to double check my downloads from now on.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Am a bit sad that the scenes with the elf do not reflect if we were turning her into a slave instead of a companion....
She was never going to be turned into a slave. She has a fetish for that kind of thing which was reflected in her dreams, and I expect we will get some less vanilla scenes with her later on, but come on dude; she wanted us to be gentle for her first time.

Reactions: DorcasAurelia

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Is it just me being clueless and missing ... well.... clues? There doesn't seem to be any hint of "what to do next" if the book in the upper right of the main screen has nothing listed. I'm using the Scene Guide that's here as a reference when I get stuck, and it's several game versions out of date, but a number of things on it are events I never saw, however I'm well past the point where they should have shown up. (e.g. Caitlin's "boobjob in her room").

It seems that triggers for events are all over the place, with no logical reason why you have to talk to Girl X at Time Y in Room Z to get something new, and often it's triggered by a menu choice ("Talk", "Hang Out", etc) that at any other time has no new content/text in it. It's getting grindy to "go talk to everyone at every time-slot of every day in the week", but it seems that's the only way to get things to progress. Or am I missing something obvious?

Don't get me wrong, I love this game so far, but if ever a game needed one of Lain's brilliant sandbox-game walkthroughs, this one seems to be a candidate.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Is it just me being clueless and missing ... well.... clues? There doesn't seem to be any hint of "what to do next" if the book in the upper right of the main screen has nothing listed. I'm using the Scene Guide that's here as a reference when I get stuck, and it's several game versions out of date, but a number of things on it are events I never saw, however I'm well past the point where they should have shown up. (e.g. Caitlin's "boobjob in her room").

It seems that triggers for events are all over the place, with no logical reason why you have to talk to Girl X at Time Y in Room Z to get something new, and often it's triggered by a menu choice ("Talk", "Hang Out", etc) that at any other time has no new content/text in it. It's getting grindy to "go talk to everyone at every time-slot of every day in the week", but it seems that's the only way to get things to progress. Or am I missing something obvious?

Don't get me wrong, I love this game so far, but if ever a game needed one of Lain's brilliant sandbox-game walkthroughs, this one seems to be a candidate.
Have you tried the heart icon that tracks all the individual girls' arcs rather than the main plot?

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020

You have the mobile phone thing that you have to constantly use to learn the next step. That really is the one area where this game needs a lot of improvement. He needs to add some more intuitive in game way of getting the hint on what to do next.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Yeah, I'mma wait for Zanith, as much as I wanna play it now-now-now! Would be mighty hypocritical of me not to, after saying good-will goes both ways (in reference to local pirating etiquette).

4.70 star(s) 319 Votes