Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Upon returning from the initial meeting w Sagarie
MC says
"That doesn't really answer my qeustion, but okay."
instead of question.....

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Is the game crashing for anyone else since the last update on win? Tried to download the compressed and the full version as well, but no matter which version I run, after a few pages it will freeze I have to kill the app
Judging by the active discussion about this update, I presume most could run without issue.
If you want support, you should tell us in more details.

Meowsers

May 18, 2018
I started playing this for the tits, but I would be lying if I said I didn't stay for the story.

Top notch stuff, this.

Actually come think of it, would you mind a suggestion? It would be awesome to see the MC go to Caitlin's world and offer to hold a seminar explaining some of the things we take for granted today. Like for instance how to make concrete, something so very simple and well-understood could have a huge impact to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Master of Puppets

ButterB22

Jan 8, 2020
Anyone know how to trigger rae story event 19, can't seem to get it to happen. Every time I check the pool in the evening its either someone else or no one there. Same with blair story event 8, rae will not appear in the garage

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I started playing this for the tits, but I would be lying if I said I didn't stay for the story.

Top notch stuff, this.

Actually come think of it, would you mind a suggestion? It would be awesome to see the MC go to Caitlin's world and offer to hold a seminar explaining some of the things we take for granted today. Like for instance how to make concrete, something so very simple and well-understood could have a huge impact to them.
I have always loved the bits about teaching the girls about science. I really want to try Herschel's Infrared experiment in the house to see what happens.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
ZanithOne
Reactions to 0.6.14:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Biscardone

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021

Top notch stuff, this.

I have always loved the bits about teaching the girls about science. I really want to try Herschel's Infrared experiment in the house to see what happens.
I love this idea too, but unfortunately MC isn't really good at science (by my standard anyway).
I actually think MC should begin by trying to teach rae and maybe also cait. They could cover the math and theory in their house, and dream walk to some labs to study the experiments.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
ZanithOne
Reactions to 0.6.14:

In my opinion this makeup thing should be a EMERGENCY, worse than the string. Everyone, especially rae, should be notified at once. Lyriel just find something wired, potentially dangerous, who knows what they would find next? They should be warned that they must not toy with anything new they find in the house. They must tell others, especially rae, about whatever they find, and only use them after it is considered to be safe and harmless (by rae and naomi at least).
Really, rae is missing when she is needed the most... and everyone else seems to be super calm.

DigitalBlasphemer

Feb 25, 2017
Is the game crashing for anyone else since the last update on win? Tried to download the compressed and the full version as well, but no matter which version I run, after a few pages it will freeze I have to kill the app
I get this now too. It just tells me in the log that it ran out of memory. Doesnt help track down why. It's the only renpy game doing this too.

DigitalBlasphemer

Feb 25, 2017
OOM?? Seriously?
Are you running it on a potato?
What exactly did you do??
Seriously, that's what the log says. I'm guessing it's a graphic driver issue, since I occasionally get renpy games that flicker. Not sure why. The drivers are up to date. The usual fix for the flickers don't work.

traceback.txt says:
Code:
Full traceback:
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
    run(restart)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 965, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 5, in script call
  File "scripts/engine/navigation/house/ground_floor/living_room/living_room.rpyc", line 25, in script call
  File "scripts/quests/story/3_some_explanation/freezer_scene.rpyc", line 262, in script
  File "scripts/engine/navigation/house/ground_floor/living_room/living_room.rpyc", line 25, in script call
  File "scripts/quests/story/3_some_explanation/freezer_scene.rpyc", line 262, in script
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 990, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1226, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3342, in interact_core
    ev2 = self.event_peek()
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2313, in event_peek
    self.check_background_screenshot()
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2161, in check_background_screenshot
    self.bgscreenshot_surface = renpy.display.draw.screenshot(self.surftree, self.fullscreen_video)
  File "gldraw.pyx", line 1376, in renpy.angle.gldraw.GLDraw.screenshot
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 118, in surface
    surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
  File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__
error: Out of memory
This is the only renpy game that's gone full broke for me, and only on this latest release.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Seriously, that's what the log says. I'm guessing it's a graphic driver issue, since I occasionally get renpy games that flicker. Not sure why. The drivers are up to date. The usual fix for the flickers don't work.

traceback.txt says:
Code:
Full traceback:
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
    run(restart)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 965, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 990, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1226, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3342, in interact_core
    ev2 = self.event_peek()
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2313, in event_peek
    self.check_background_screenshot()
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2161, in check_background_screenshot
    self.bgscreenshot_surface = renpy.display.draw.screenshot(self.surftree, self.fullscreen_video)
  File "gldraw.pyx", line 1376, in renpy.angle.gldraw.GLDraw.screenshot
  File "C:\aif\AHouseInTheRift-0.6.14r1-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 118, in surface
    surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
  File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__
error: Out of memory
This is the only renpy game that's gone full broke for me, and only on this latest release.
Cannot say if this will help, but a general advice is NOT to install anything under C:\.
Move it to other drives, or at least put it in C:\program files

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes