Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Normally I don't post much, but decided to share my thoughts on the game. Just my personal opinion and most of it can be boiled down to taste. Idk if the dev(s) red these forums much (or at all), but hey, feedback is feedback. And I'll preface by saying that while my opinion might clash with the intention of the dev's direction, I appreciate that they are doing the game the way that they want, and I hope it stays that way (even if I grow to dislike the result), because censoring ideas is terrible.

I learned of the game only recently, played it all up to the latest patch. For me, personally, it started all really well and interestingly, but now, especially with that Rae arc, I confess my interest in the game plummeted.

Maybe I'm missing something though, so if anyone could clarify a couple of things, that'd be cool.

1 - At the start of the game, it's established that the infernals (that currently seem to be comprised exclusively of succubi) are NOT "evil" (or no more than any other race can be) and that most of the legends and myths about them is bullshit (like them feeding on essence through sex and needing that to survive). Is that so, or I misunderstood?

2 - The only two "special" things about the succubi are the fact that they are innately magical and have an "arousal aura" that affect people in their vicinity. Is that correct?

Cause if those two statements are correct, then I just want an ingame way to distance myself from Rae. She's cool as a friend and all, but her calling the MC dear (though to be fair she calls everyone that) is just a big "nope" for me.

Idk, it's one thing to have a life before meeting the MC, sure. But her life included multiple orgies and possibly hundreds, maybe even thousands of partners in a setting that made it so that Succubi did not need to be total cocksleeves like the usual expectation for a "Succubus" is, but Rae chose to be one anyway.

And yeah, the game makes it quite clear early on that Rae's got a past. Considering her age (there's a point in the game that someone mentions somebody else's age as 40 and she says that she is "not that young" compared to that) and arguably occupation that's fine. But the multiple callbacks to it just didn't do it for me. I truly dislike the "golden hearted whore" trope.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Normally I don't post much, but decided to share my thoughts on the game. Just my personal opinion and most of it can be boiled down to taste. Idk if the dev(s) red these forums much (or at all), but hey, feedback is feedback. And I'll preface by saying that while my opinion might clash with the intention of the dev's direction, I appreciate that they are doing the game the way that they want, and I hope it stays that way (even if I grow to dislike the result), because censoring ideas is terrible.

I learned of the game only recently, played it all up to the latest patch. For me, personally, it started all really well and interestingly, but now, especially with that Rae arc, I confess my interest in the game plummeted.

Maybe I'm missing something though, so if anyone could clarify a couple of things, that'd be cool.

1 - At the start of the game, it's established that the infernals (that currently seem to be comprised exclusively of succubi) are NOT "evil" (or no more than any other race can be) and that most of the legends and myths about them is bullshit (like them feeding on essence through sex and needing that to survive). Is that so, or I misunderstood?

2 - The only two "special" things about the succubi are the fact that they are innately magical and have an "arousal aura" that affect people in their vicinity. Is that correct?

Cause if those two statements are correct, then I just want an ingame way to distance myself from Rae. She's cool as a friend and all, but her calling the MC dear (though to be fair she calls everyone that) is just a big "nope" for me.

Idk, it's one thing to have a life before meeting the MC, sure. But her life included multiple orgies and possibly hundreds, maybe even thousands of partners in a setting that made it so that Succubi did not need to be total cocksleeves like the usual expectation for a "Succubus" is, but Rae chose to be one anyway.

And yeah, the game makes it quite clear early on that Rae's got a past. Considering her age (there's a point in the game that someone mentions somebody else's age as 40 and she says that she is "not that young" compared to that) and arguably occupation that's fine. But the multiple callbacks to it just didn't do it for me. I truly dislike the "golden hearted whore" trope.
Given that Rae is the first as well as the one who helps the MC get with others, I think your desire to distance yourself from Rae is futile. She's established as the prime LI.

Vignari

Mar 24, 2020

My recollection on the succubus lore and opinions:

1. I think that's mostly right. If I remember it right the stories of succubi they are mostly bullshit, and the stuff that isn't is at least heavily exaggerated (which is why it frustrates Rae so much).

2. They are indeed innately magical, from what I gather, more so than pretty much any other fantasy race we've seen at this point, and they do have the 'arousal aura'.

They don't need sex to survive or need to feed off of men, but if I remember it right, they are intensely sexual creatures. So, in short, they're just really really horny all the time. (This is assuming Rae's telling the truth about everything and didn't conveniently leave out any other details.)
So, combine being really horny all the time with the 'arousal aura' and her age (which is hundreds of years old), I'd be absolutely shocked if she didn't have a lot of previous partners. That paired with the fact that she's a spy/diplomat who's role was likely degraded to just being a high-class whore at times (likely a source of a lot of her trust issues and somewhat jaded outlook on men and relationships that she tries to teach Cait), she's gonna be someone with a lot of experience. Though, I can understand how that can be off-putting, especially if it's brought up constantly. Personally, I don't think it has been here though. I don't have a problem with how it's approached here. Rae is probably my favorite character. But, like I said, I can see how it might bother some people.

Maybe Zanith could add in some option/flag to ask her to not talk about it so much?:unsure:
Though personally, that seems like a lot of re-writing and effort to flag all possible offending dialogue, and I'd probably not bother myself. Like I said, it's not really a problem for me at all. I've been enjoying all the content thus far. Biggest problem with Rae is she keeps dodging talking about anything important, but just like Cait who rambles pointlessly back and forth about pretty much anything, I imagine it's a completely intentional trait of theirs, and it makes them more interesting to me.

Biscardone

May 2, 2020
Maybe Zanith could add in some option/flag to ask her to not talk about it so much?:unsure:
Though personally, that seems like a lot of re-writing and effort to flag all possible offending dialogue, and I'd probably not bother myself. Like I said, it's not really a problem for me at all. I've been enjoying all the content thus far. Biggest problem with Rae is she keeps dodging talking about anything important, but just like Cait who rambles pointlessly back and forth about pretty much anything, I imagine it's a completely intentional trait of theirs, and it makes them more interesting to me.
Authors often have to face this kind of dilemma - especially with Patreon backed games, which are by their nature periodic releases. They write a character, or a story twist, and they are not met as well as they hope. What do they do? Do they try to maintain their stance (maybe except for a few tweaks), or do they try to satisfy the audience? Well, I can only hope they choose the former in most cases, especially if the point of contention risks to denaturate or derail their characters and story. Specifically, Rae being a succubus is a big part of her identity: remove this trait, and she becomes "generic magical sexually active entity". This would make her, and her story, much blander.
Moreover, the fact she's a succubus is not a big source of conflict with the main character, or even by other characters - Lyriel mostly bickers with her about it, but this doesn't have a relevant impact in the story, and is treated as a source of humour, if anything. So, her being a succubus is already downplayed in the grand scheme of things. A problem with her being a succubus is almost entirely a "player thing".
All in all, we are adults, and we should be able to accept that not all the elements of a story may be to our liking.

Vignari

Mar 24, 2020
She doesn't talk about it very much so far as I remember?
Yeah, I don't really remember it being brought up that much. Certainly not to a degree that I'd say it's problematic, but I guess some people seem to think so. I just know with Ren'Py that's something that could be done. ...If you wanted to go through all that tedious work, that is.

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Am looking for 6.12 to 6.13
for anyone that is missing old update patches from v0.6.9 to 0.6.14b1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Workupload
Pixeldrain

compressed 6.13

and old guides - doesnt seems to be anything new out of collectibles

enjoy
P.S: From now on try to use the Search option above when you have issues since most times other people had them as well. Like that you don't have to wait for someone to respond to you.

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
I found a little error in the coding, the second time with Lyriel on the blouse+skirt fun time, when she talks, appears the [lyriel.address!c]! text see attached

Josh14

May 27, 2023
Whouaaaa, there is an excellent game, very great history and dialogue, animations, girls, music, all are so good, thank you very much ZanithOne for this superbe work, one of the best game I have played.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ZanithOne

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
there's a little public poll going on Patreon, if any of you folks want to have a say
I assume "Annie the erotic streamer and cosplayer" is from a phone dream? In the whole time I've been playing this I've never even seen one of them. It's just a personal thing for me. If it's not part of the actual gameplay the non-canon dreams don't interest me in the slightest. She's cute though.

• Thinking Face

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I assume "Annie the erotic streamer and cosplayer" is from a phone dream? In the whole time I've been playing this I've never even seen one of them. It's just a personal thing for me. If it's not part of the actual gameplay the non-canon dreams don't interest me in the slightest. She's cute though.
She's in a couple of the dreams, plus she is one of the three girls at the very start. The only one of those three who made it into the poll in fact.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
She's in a couple of the dreams, plus she is one of the three girls at the very start. The only one of those three who made it into the poll in fact.
Ah, she did look familiar. I only know her as Young Woman. I don't recall seeing her anywhere else.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes