Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Honestly think I'll just skip this update as I have no desire to start all over. Was hard enough to get where I am statwise with nothing to guide choices and not keen on trying again just for a handful of scenes.

bjornt2

Mar 9, 2018
It doesn't open on renpy launcher on Mac anyone know a fix?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 9, in set
setattr(self.nso, name, value)
Exception: config.return_not_found_label is not a known configuration variable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "options.rpyc", line 47, in script
File "/Users/bjorn/Desktop/renpy-7.3.2-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2117, in execute
ns.set(self.varname, value)
File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 9, in set
setattr(self.nso, name, value)
File "/Users/bjorn/Desktop/renpy-7.3.2-sdk/renpy/defaultstore.py", line 99, in __setattr__
raise Exception('config.%s is not a known configuration variable.' % (name))
Exception: config.return_not_found_label is not a known configuration variable.

Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A House in the Rift 0.4.6r1
Sun Jun 7 16:22:55 2020

Reactions: Deleted member 7464

DeathAl

Jan 26, 2019
I miss two scenes with Azraesha "Pre-reveal service" and "Star-kissed lovers" anyone know how to unlock them? Thank you.

Last edited:

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Bruh..2 gb again?I just download 2gb ecchi sensei:(.Well,I will wait for compressed for this one and full for ecchi sensei.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
v0.4.6 public is now uploaded. I will be back to answer the questions a bit later, sorry for being silent, really overwhelmed with work and life stuff ATM.

For those of you folks who do repacks, compressed version and/or mods, I've attached the file with my modified RenPy SDK files. Those are two cherrypicked commits from Tom (renpy.dynamic with kwargs and return_not_found_label) and my own state restoration logic which isn't really needed anymore. The kwargs-enabled dynamic is crucial, though. The game will crash on the very first scenes if it's missing.
Thank you so much, it was such a PITA to check every scene one by one. :love:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Check out the files the dev just posted!

Last edited:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Yeah, but you're not just talking about it, you're criticising it as bad writing based on that assumption.
Never once did I say it was bad writing, I only pointed out the fact that it could definitely be more in-depth and detailed - that doesn't automatically make it bad by default.

Yes, you are correct, Lyriel can be the way she is just because that's the way she is, and that's fine. I even briefly pointed that out in one of my posts, if you read carefully. If that's what the dev has planned for her, I'll take it for what it is. We're not whining about it, we're having a discussion.
When I said that's nowhere near as interesting as giving her a compelling, perhaps a little "cliche", as you put it, backstory, it came purely from a storytelling perspective, not from malice. As a writer, I believe there's a very wide gap between creating an interesting character by giving them a fleshed out and engaging story/background, or making them act a certain way just to forcefully inject conflict and/or drama (or any other emotion, really) into an ongoing story without giving them any kind of proper motivation for doing so. I won't go as far as saying it's lazy writing, but it does make it feel somewhat flat, especially when you consider how detailed the main story is so far.

You're also making it sound as if I'm purposely bashing it or the game, and I must politely ask you to stop doing so - this is not my intention. I'm just having an interesting discussion with a fellow poster, while also offering constructive criticism from the perspective of a writer - if the dev chooses to read it.

edit: English.exe has encountered a problem and has stopped working.

Reactions: notBatman747

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
"Full remaster of the intro sequence
3 new daydream sex scenes (available in the intro)"
Does this mean I have to start over?

Pugsanity

Nov 3, 2017
Can anyone tell me how to unlock the last three scenes for Rae, peeping tom caught for Naomi, and between them for Cait?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Reactions to 0.4.6:
I like the new beginning. There was nothing wrong with the old one, but a short movie to introduce new characters or places is nice. The three girls you can fantasise about are hot too, all very different but all very sexy.
Shiny new effects for whatever the anomaly that causes everything is too, although it's kind of odd how it all pauses for a bit between the two movies; I would have expected a short loop just to keep some motion going. And I do wonder about that rift, were we the only one who got hit by one of those? If not, what happened to the others, I'm guessing they aren't so lucky as to be a naturally gifted wizard like we are. Maybe they're frozen in time in the Rift somewhere and we could bring them to the house later? All three of them would make nice additions to the group.
I like the movie of us getting up from the floor too, that's really cool.

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
"And possibly the hottest sex animation I've ever done"

:D that was funny. can't wait to try it :D

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
Today i am very glad i waited for a long time for the current version even if its not complete.

I loved it 100% and i am very much looking forward to the rest, also i am very happy that we are pursuing romance with our succubus girl or at least i hope we are :)

Reactions: ZanithOne
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes