whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You mean other than potentially angering a very touchy elf? Like, seriously, that girl will get angry at you no matter what you say. Imagine if you'd just went and said "yea, I am actually doing her like daily..." The MC wouldn't be getting any for at least a week.
Oh no. Please, not an angered, touchy elf!!! :eek: :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Not getting any for a week? Her loss. I'm getting plenty from the other 4. ;)

• Sad
Reactions: afedvfe

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You mean other than potentially angering a very touchy elf? Like, seriously, that girl will get angry at you no matter what you say. Imagine if you'd just went and said "yea, I am actually doing her like daily..." The MC wouldn't be getting any for at least a week.
Err, what? We're talking about when Taena asks us what it is that he's doing with Lyriel, and the three choices are that we kidnapped her to make her our wife, that we kidnapped her to make her our elven sextoy, or refusing to answer the question. I find it pretty much incomprehensible that there wasn't an option to tell the truth, that we saw a vision of her falling and pulled her into the house to save her. (Now that I think about it, that's three of the current four girls we've pulled there that were falling :unsure:)

EBEG

Jul 2, 2021
Two locations on PC:

(a) game/saves under the game folder (in which you find ahitr.exe)
(b) (YourUsernameOnPC)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/AHouseInTheRift-176528756875 (where the number string could be any numbers)

In the latter you will also find the "persistent" file with all your settings and unlocks, so as long as you just update the game you don't need to backup. Only when you switch to a different computer or want to format your HD or similar do you need it.
Android? PC problem has solved

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
What girl?

Also how long does it usually take for a release to get, well, released? lol
Belle Delphine, the body is almost a complete match though I think Rae's breast are nicer.

Anyway I always imagine Rae's voice to be Belle's.

Garen

May 6, 2017
Oh, that's hardly the same thing IMO. It was probably him being such a reticent prick when asked about their relationship in the cellar that led to the other scene. Like, is it really that hard to tell her the truth about why he took Lyriel to the house? If he had just answered her damn questions then she might not have come out of it thinking he's abusing Lyriel and holding her against her will.
Yeah which was why that one was fine. Like I said, it wasn't even as bad as it could've been. It was super polite.

But that being followed with a drug experience sours things.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah which was why that one was fine. Like I said, it wasn't even as bad as it could've been. It was super polite.

But that being followed with a drug experience sours things.
He had it coming though. Taena is obviously protective of Lyriel and when she asks him about them he blows her off?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This is probably a dumb question but how do I apply it to the game it seems simply putting it in the saves folder doesn't work
You probably have a competing save file of the same number. Either rename the "2-1" part to something else you didn't use yet (first number is save game page, second is save game field, so this should be top left on the second page) or you can delete the competing file in (username)/appdata/roaming/RenPy/(gamename) - which works for (almost) all Ren'Py games. Not sure out of my head whether it is "AHouseInTheRift" or "AHITR", you'll find it.

Other possibility: when downloading files directly from this site they will get a number and an underscore attached to it, like "1174398_example.zip". For save games you need to remove them to work - the name needs to be like in the file description in the game you posted.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
out of curiosity, is there any way to complete the Halloween dream without dying? or are you meant to die and things change if you try again? if someone could give a brief rundown of what the objective of the Halloween dream is that would be greatly appreciated cause i tried saving and rolling back and it seems like no matter what you choose in that dream, all roads lead to death!

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
out of curiosity, is there any way to complete the Halloween dream without dying? or are you meant to die and things change if you try again? if someone could give a brief rundown of what the objective of the Halloween dream is that would be greatly appreciated cause i tried saving and rolling back and it seems like no matter what you choose in that dream, all roads lead to death!
I'm sure there's some guides around here somewhere for the actual steps, but the basic principle was that each step lets you do or collect something to pacify one of the girls so you can fuck her. The branches always stay the same, so if you want to figure it out yourself it's just a matter of mapping out which option relates to which girl and then take a path that focuses on one (while obviously avoiding all the early deaths).

Reactions: CptValor

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-house-in-the-rift-v0-5-10r2-zanith.29627/post-6727403

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I'm sure there's some guides around here somewhere for the actual steps, but the basic principle was that each step lets you do or collect something to pacify one of the girls so you can fuck her. The branches always stay the same, so if you want to figure it out yourself it's just a matter of mapping out which option relates to which girl and then take a path that focuses on one (while obviously avoiding all the early deaths).
I don't remember playing any of this.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
He had it coming though. Taena is obviously protective of Lyriel and when she asks him about them he blows her off?
Well, those dialogue options were either bad or worst to pick from, which was out of his character in my opinion. I mean I get he could get a little annoyed by Tea for dragging him down to basement and then trying to intimitade him there instead of just taking him aside to talk in private, but instead of simply saying "We're stuck in the magical house looking for a way to get out", which wouldn't be much, but would be far more better answer than any of given options.

Also, even if MC had it coming it doesn't justify Tea's actions. Hell, I would say MC was a dick to her just because instead of simply talking with him in somewhat private area she jumped straight to intimidation and interogation in a dungeon which she mentioned out of blue when they were walking down the stairs.

I know it's a assumption, but I wouldn't be suprised if drugging MC was also Tea's work to allow her and girls to talk out of Lyriel the "real" situation without MC's involvment into the talk and maybe helping her to run away. I mean girls really didn't care about MC hitting the counter with his head like it was bag of rocks dropped onto metal plate and Tea already skipped few steps, so why not to skip few more?

Reactions: Peh and Mr Secret

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
To anyone wanting a walkthrough for the Halloween dream, I found these four scenes using these exact steps:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Initially I kept dying and dying and dying myself thinking you could only explore the mansion and end up being killed in different ways, but today I learned there were also lewd scenes hidden in there. So if you do keep ending in the same loops and are stuck, see the above spoiler. Hope this helps someone :)
thanks that helped a lot!

how to play the event?
go to the "dream pal" (i think thats what the app is called) on your phone in the game. in the list of dreams theres one with a skull at the bottom of the list. click it to activate it and then when you go to sleep you should have an option to "dream a spooky dream" or something like that. then enjoy the struggle to not die! lol (or use the guide above if you dont wanna figure it out on your own)

Reactions: omglolguy32

emou5747

Dec 25, 2018
thanks that helped a lot!

go to the "dream pal" (i think thats what the app is called) on your phone in the game. in the list of dreams theres one with a skull at the bottom of the list. click it to activate it and then when you go to sleep you should have an option to "dream a spooky dream" or something like that. then enjoy the struggle to not die! lol (or use the guide above if you dont wanna figure it out on your own)
i cant find the skull icon

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
i cant find the skull icon
Apparently it checks your system clock and we're still too far from Halloween.
i have the skull icon at the bottom of the list of available dreams. not sure why it appears for me and not for some other people. i havent messed with my computers clock or anything either, but if it does check you system for the date you could try adjusting the date to make it closer to Halloween. (not sure if that would do the trick for you or not but its worth a shot)

P.S. i also just restarted the game due to a lost save file and im still at the part just before getting Lyriel to join the house. dont know if this has any effect on the Halloween dream showing up or not but i thought id throw it out there just in case it might.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes