-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I realize it's a quibble, but this VN demonstrates one aspect of storytelling that is a little frustrating for me: the tendency to tell rather than show.

Useful description:
(We see the MC's cock in Cathy's mouth) You feel her throat clenching as she swallows.
We can see where the MC's cock is, but we can't know specifics about the sensation of touch. Telling us how it feels / what we can't know visually is helpful.

Useless dialogue/description:
Cathy: But first a kiss.
Cathy: (kissing render shown) *Muah*
(Render showing Cathy kneeling in front of the MC) After a quick kiss Cathy gets down on the floor in front of you.
We are told/shown Cathy kissing three times; we're told/shown Cathy kneeling twice. Unhelpful duplication of what we already know.

I really wish more writers would reverse this more often, showing when possible, rather than telling. It is, after all, a visual novel.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
because scenes are lost. I have different saved I made different choices and scenes scenes do not appear
:unsure: well there is special edition. If you played the special edition then play the regular scenes will disappear other than that I have zero clue...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
because scenes are lost. I have different saved I made different choices and scenes scenes do not appear
there was wt-mod when choices mattered but when choices were removed mod didn't get updates.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I haven't played this in two updates, maybe three, now. It really started off sweet and wholesome and kind of sexy. But it follows the same boilerplate template. They do almost the same things every day, for example: wake up, breakfast, something in between, dinner, night time shenanigans with wifey and one of the girls, some times all, but it's all the same.

Someone else mentioned earlier the need for some conflict and I agree. Especially with Alice. At this point, it seems like she'll just become pregnant and won't be able to be a knight anymore.

Anyway, it's a cute story, the women are all beautiful, but it has lost my interest. I'll keep eyeing the thread in case something good happens, but I don't think that's the direction this VN is going to take.

Doesn't mean I think it's a bad VN...just not to my tastes. Seems heavily focused on romance, which again, isn't bad...I just prefer more to a story than that.

I realize it's a quibble, but this VN demonstrates one aspect of storytelling that is a little frustrating for me: the tendency to tell rather than show.

Useful description:
(We see the MC's cock in Cathy's mouth) You feel her throat clenching as she swallows.
We can see where the MC's cock is, but we can't know specifics about the sensation of touch. Telling us how it feels / what we can't know visually is helpful.

Useless dialogue/description:
Cathy: But first a kiss.
Cathy: (kissing render shown) *Muah*
(Render showing Cathy kneeling in front of the MC) After a quick kiss Cathy gets down on the floor in front of you.
We are told/shown Cathy kissing three times; we're told/shown Cathy kneeling twice. Unhelpful duplication of what we already know.

I really wish more writers would reverse this more often, showing when possible, rather than telling. It is, after all, a visual novel.
I'm with you on this. I don't need every action in a scene described to me if there are proper visuals. Also, some use this as a means to have 20 clicks for one image to give a sense of length to story without having to add more renders. Or at least it seems.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
** Special edition

Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Last edited:

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I haven't played this in two updates, maybe three, now. It really started off sweet and wholesome and kind of sexy. But it follows the same boilerplate template. They do almost the same things every day, for example: wake up, breakfast, something in between, dinner, night time shenanigans with wifey and one of the girls, some times all, but it's all the same.

Someone else mentioned earlier the need for some conflict and I agree. Especially with Alice. At this point, it seems like she'll just become pregnant and won't be able to be a knight anymore.

Anyway, it's a cute story, the women are all beautiful, but it has lost my interest. I'll keep eyeing the thread in case something good happens, but I don't think that's the direction this VN is going to take.

Doesn't mean I think it's a bad VN...just not to my tastes. Seems heavily focused on romance, which again, isn't bad...I just prefer more to a story than that.

I'm with you on this. I don't need every action in a scene described to me if there are proper visuals. Also, some use this as a means to have 20 clicks for one image to give a sense of length to story without having to add more renders. Or at least it seems.
I respect your opinion, not every game pleases every1, to each his own, they are plenty of games out there for every1's type ;)

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
well - i say that this is an OVERrated game.

Even i loved it the first time - i REALLY loved it. The settings, the renders, the girls... everything looked so promising.
BUT:
As mentioned several times before by other players, i have to agree that this game turned into a boring, really boring pice of junk (sorry).
There were so many possibilities wasted to turn this into a gem, but rather than that, it's boring repetitive.
Sleep, breakfast, do some business (minor scenes), have dinner and fuck a girl, while the other is with your wife.
Next day, you stay and fuck your wife, whilst the 2 girls are together.
Next day, you fuck the other girl while your wife is with the first one.
Same repeats over and over again (Groundhog Day).
I mean - hey - your wife is pregnant... and? .... any changes?... any belly? ... nope - still the same procedure every day.

So in fact, i admit that i also stopped playing 3-4 updates ago. Just being over here to see if things change, but again i recognize that there is NO change at all.

Don't get me wrong: i don't hate, nor do i try to flame the developer - i still hope things will change - but for now i again say that at least for my taste, this good game turned into boring shit.

ouroboros001

May 1, 2020
Meh. We can agree to disagree. I still think this game is a great example of why I now only use the like function to sort and not ratings. So what if it's vanilla and the writing won't be winning a Pulitzer prize anytime soon? There's also little wrong with it and I can start this one up whenever I'm in the mood for it. There's not really anything in there that I'm not into.
I can say that if you rate it below 3.5 or 4 stars I don't really care about your opinion on anything.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Meh. We can agree to disagree. I still think this game is a great example of why I now only use the like function to sort and not ratings. So what if it's vanilla and the writing won't be winning a Pulitzer prize anytime soon? There's also little wrong with it and I can start this one up whenever I'm in the mood for it. There's not really anything in there that I'm not into.
I can say that if you rate it below 3.5 or 4 stars I don't really care about your opinion on anything.
What stands out in this that makes you think it's worth 3.5 - 4 stars? Now the thing is...there's no uniform rating criteria. It's very subjective. Basically, F95 members are to assign the rating and then write about it.

This currently has a 3-star average...and, IMO, it's a pretty average VN. Nothing really sticks out in terms of visuals, story, etc. But everyone is different.

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
What stands out in this that makes you think it's worth 3.5 - 4 stars?
It's a beautiful polyamorous love story. So people that are into that, like me, will rate it at least that high. For people not into that, they won't rate it that high and find it boring. Are you really going to try to say it doesn't rate the "high" rating from someone else because you don't like it?

Everyone is different. We all like different things. So how can you really ask that question?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It's a beautiful polyamorous love story. So people that are into that, like me, will rate it at least that high. For people not into that, they won't rate it that high and find it boring. Are you really going to try to say it doesn't rate the "high" rating from someone else because you don't like it?

Everyone is different. We all like different things. So how can you really ask that question?
Well, one-side polyamory. More like a small harem. And I have nothing against that. What makes the genre worthy of a higher rating? I'm talking about the actual story, plot, renders...things that would make this stick out against similar stories.

How can I ask the question? Well, because I was trying to understand that person's point of view.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Love it or hate it: fine. The ones that grind my gears are the ones to expect it to change from what it is and always was. It ain't changing, if you haven't liked it for more than two updates you will never like it...

Reactions: AceOfNiagara

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Love it or hate it: fine. The ones that grind my gears are the ones to expect it to change from what it is and always was. It ain't changing, if you haven't liked it for more than two updates you will never like it...
Bullshit. We started off enjoying it. We're providing feedback on it. Whether or not dev is here or will listen to that is another thing. It may change, it may not. Some devs listen to feedback. Others don't. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes