preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
kinetic tag would tell some players that this isn't game for them.
It'd also be 100% bullshit. The genesis of people's complaints is that nothing is happening, not that MC doesn't have any control over anything.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Okay. I downloaded the new update last night. Just unzipped it, and it is missing the lib and renpy folders. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I re-download it, or will it work without them? Never had this happen before. Thanks.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Okay. I downloaded the new update last night. Just unzipped it, and it is missing the lib and renpy folders. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I re-download it, or will it work without them? Never had this happen before. Thanks.
re-dl and if using other than mega use jdownloader and also unzip with 7zip.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
re-dl and if using other than mega use jdownloader and also unzip with 7zip.
Thanks. Figured I should, but wanted to make sure I was the only one to have the problem. I have to use Mega. It's the only way my internet will allow me to download. And I use WinRAR. Never had a problem with it before.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
It'd also be 100% bullshit. The genesis of people's complaints is that nothing is happening, not that MC doesn't have any control over anything.
WHAT!!! nothing is happening... but but... we have breakfast, a bath, then we can have some fun doing chores, then there is lunch, then we can read a book and after this we can get some nice sex all toghether (that kind of sex is the only part i can't get my wife to be ok with, for the rest it's ok!):)

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
WHAT!!! nothing is happening... but but... we have breakfast, a bath, then we can have some fun doing chores, then there is lunch, then we can read a book and after this we can get some nice sex all toghether (that kind of sex is the only part i can't get my wife to be ok with, for the rest it's ok!):)
You forgot the chess.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
There is a sizable gap between repetition and drama.

I like the game, but it is really repetitive. You can pretty much predict what the next update will be before you play it. They'll eat breakfast, play chess, have a bath and have sex at the end of the day. The story isn't going anywhere, we're just stuck in a loop.

None of that means the game needs drama. Just something different to happen. Something interesting. Not bath time and playing chess for the 50th time. Go on an adventure. Go camping. Explore the town. Swim in the lake again. Maybe go to a festival or tournament. Plan a baby shower. There is tons of "slice of life" stuff to do that isn't chess and baths.

As I said in my last post. NL struggles to come up with a story outside of the MC and LI's. And that story is pretty much finished at this point, we're just waiting for babies. In the meantime, the game is becoming stale and uninteresting because not much else is happening.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Hey hey hey, it isn't all fun times, occasionally they have to do some paperwork as well.

Meggie should have "shown" MC and Cathy her appreciation

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Hey hey hey, it isn't all fun times, occasionally they have to do some paperwork as well.

Meggie should have "shown" MC and Cathy her appreciation
About the paperwork: It weas a bit strange that for years they had that girl at their home who was like family to them and they never had the idea to actually teach her to read. No, they waited until she was 18 and wanted to help with the books, so she learned to read by herself ...

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Thanks. Figured I should, but wanted to make sure I was the only one to have the problem. I have to use Mega. It's the only way my internet will allow me to download. And I use WinRAR. Never had a problem with it before.
7zip is recommended to use on unpack.

About the paperwork: It weas a bit strange that for years they had that girl at their home who was like family to them and they never had the idea to actually teach her to read. No, they waited until she was 18 and wanted to help with the book, so she learned to read by herself ...
common at that time.

Reactions: $@~

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Almost. Of course we have yummy breakfast, a fun bath, fun chores, yummy lunch, read a fun book and of course the sex gotta be fun. :D

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Almost. Of course we have yummy breakfast, a fun bath, fun chores, yummy lunch, read a fun book and of course the sex gotta be fun. :D
and swimming, trips to somewhere, card games, random visits, going to tailor or orphanage, ............

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There is a sizable gap between repetition and drama.

I like the game, but it is really repetitive. You can pretty much predict what the next update will be before you play it. They'll eat breakfast, play chess, have a bath and have sex at the end of the day. The story isn't going anywhere, we're just stuck in a loop.

None of that means the game needs drama. Just something different to happen. Something interesting. Not bath time and playing chess for the 50th time. Go on an adventure. Go camping. Explore the town. Swim in the lake again. Maybe go to a festival or tournament. Plan a baby shower. There is tons of "slice of life" stuff to do that isn't chess and baths.

As I said in my last post. NL struggles to come up with a story outside of the MC and LI's. And that story is pretty much finished at this point, we're just waiting for babies. In the meantime, the game is becoming stale and uninteresting because not much else is happening.
Yes, exactly. Slice-of-life doesn't mean mundane-and-boring life. I still like the LIs and the general situation, but RL has a degree of drama as well. Everyone's life has some drama. The VN would be a lot better if Neverlucky stopped using a 10-activity dartboard to figure out what to put in the next release. What about a jousting tournament or a traveling merchant with interesting baubles? During a trip into town, maybe some youth have made up a new silly game. How about a street fair with delicious and gross foods? Maybe Lydia or Alice gets fascinated by the process of making cheese. There are literally thousands of slice-of-life activities to add to the VN that would make it more interesting.

I love Lydia, but I was glad she got sick this time so at least something different happened. The trip to the pharmacy — "pharmercy"? Who spells it like that? — and the orphanage were also nice.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Yes, exactly. Slice-of-life doesn't mean mundane-and-boring life. I still like the LIs and the general situation, but RL has a degree of drama as well. Everyone's life has some drama. The VN would be a lot better if Neverlucky stopped using a 10-activity dartboard to figure out what to put in the next release. What about a jousting tournament or a traveling merchant with interesting baubles? During a trip into town, maybe some youth have made up a new silly game. How about a street fair with delicious and gross foods? Maybe Lydia or Alice gets fascinated by the process of making cheese. There are literally thousands of slice-of-life activities to add to the VN that would make it more interesting.

I love Lydia, but I was glad she got sick this time so at least something different happened. The trip to the pharmacy — "pharmercy"? Who spells it like that? — and the orphanage were also nice.
Funny thing was, the lady working in the pharmacy had the word spelled correctly, only in the dialogue text is was always wrong. I also found Lydia's illness interesting and - like I said in my earlier post - just would have limited the update to her sick day for impact and thrown out the sex scenes. For a moment I was genuinely worried when nobody answered her door in the morning, but of course nothing happened to her and she was back to doing fun chores in the kitchen.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Funny thing was, the lady working in the pharmacy had the word spelled correctly, only in the dialogue text is was always wrong. I also found Lydia's illness interesting and - like I said in my earlier post - just would have limited the update to her sick day for impact and thrown out the sex scenes. For a moment I was genuinely worried when nobody answered her door in the morning, but of course nothing happened to her and she was back to doing fun chores in the kitchen.
For the record, I didn't want anything bad to have happened to her (I'm not trying to imply that you did), but at least something more than "I was tired and had the sniffles" would have been nice. The dialogue leaves a fair bit to be desired as well. Returning from the orphanage, Catherine tells the MC, "The children were as adorable as always." Really? What is an example of something adorable they did? No? Nothing? Alrighty, then. [sigh]

Honestly, I've liked Neverlucky before (Triangle wasn't bad), but this is wearing old pretty fast for me. Right now, I'll play A Knight's Tale for 10 minutes, then play through an entire release of a different game. Then I return to AKT for another 10 minutes, then switch to a third game's full release. It's feeling more like a slog to get through. This reminds me of stopping the Paolini series after Eldest. I'll play this through to the end, but I'm not sure I'll keep playing NL's games.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
nothing bad happens to characters, at worst some minor scratch on sword practice.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
nothing bad happens to characters, at worst some minor scratch on sword practice.
TBH, I don't even care about that. I don't need rising action and climax in this game (referring to plot, since we're all pervs here). This is slice-of-life, after all. I just need variety. Neverlucky limits activities to the number of fingers on his hands.

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes