-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Thanks. I don't play with skip, even though it's highly recommended. That's why it has taken me so long to get through it. Maybe I will start doing it for a bit.
It's not so bad update-to-update once you're caught up, but that fact that it seems to repeat the same activities a million times is part of what I and others have complained about with the game. Slice-of-life can be great if done well, but that means providing enough variation in day-to-day happenings that they don't get boring. Practically nobody wants actual repetitive gameplay, no matter how much it's supposed to reflect just an average day in the life of the characters. Even IRL during the lockdowns of the past couple years, I haven't ever had that many days in a row with literally no change.

I'm still enjoying the game, mind you, but it can get a bit rough to go through a lot in a single sitting. Honestly, NeverLucky would probably be even more successful if he improved this type of thing. As is, he's just under US$1K / month, which isn't bad for having started in 2018 or so (with his previous game, Triangle). Still, I feel like if he improved dialogue and activities a bit more, he could easily be up to US$2.5K+ monthly. I find it a bit of a shame. But he models well (my personal favorite is Lydia), does so-so for the few animation efforts he's made, and comes up with interesting concepts for his games.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
It's not so bad update-to-update once you're caught up, but that fact that it seems to repeat the same activities a million times is part of what I and others have complained about with the game. Slice-of-life can be great if done well, but that means providing enough variation in day-to-day happenings that they don't get boring. Practically nobody wants actual repetitive gameplay, no matter how much it's supposed to reflect just an average day in the life of the characters. Even IRL during the lockdowns of the past couple years, I haven't ever had that many days in a row with literally no change.

I'm still enjoying the game, mind you, but it can get a bit rough to go through a lot in a single sitting. Honestly, NeverLucky would probably be even more successful if he improved this type of thing. As is, he's just under US$1K / month, which isn't bad for having started in 2018 or so (with his previous game, Triangle). Still, I feel like if he improved dialogue and activities a bit more, he could easily be up to US$2.5K+ monthly. I find it a bit of a shame. But he models well (my personal favorite is Lydia), does so-so for the few animation efforts he's made, and comes up with interesting concepts for his games.
The funny part is that towards the end of the current build, there are two huge time skips basically back-to-back. If he's OK doing that sort of thing, I don't see why he feels the need to spend so many days showing the same monotonous breakfast-training-dinner-game-sex loop.

For real, even in slice of life, you have to focus on what's meaningfully different from one day to the next. Literally no one cares about what every breakfast is. Like, if one time they're trying out wombat tongue soup or something special, sure, go ahead and show it, but Jesus, man.

• Haha
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The funny part is that towards the end of the current build, there are two huge time skips basically back-to-back. If he's OK doing that sort of thing, I don't see why he feels the need to spend so many days showing the same monotonous breakfast-training-dinner-game-sex loop.

For real, even in slice of life, you have to focus on what's meaningfully different from one day to the next. Literally no one cares about what every breakfast is. Like, if one time they're trying out wombat tongue soup or something special, sure, go ahead and show it, but Jesus, man.
Yep. I honestly think he probably had a high-end idea of where he wanted to take things, but as the game went on he got lost in the weeds. There are important events in the kingdom and the MC's household, for sure, but those are few and far between. Triangle felt much more focused . . . although it's not a SoL game, either. At least his Patreon discusses his next game somewhat, so this one probably won't go a whole lot longer, I wouldn't think.

Malika1234

Sep 27, 2021
Cause it's the most boring VN you've ever played!
Yeah it is a little slow but still good though.. i like the fact that wife gets to play too! and slow progress/build up of all of their relationships with each other... but i do wish story would move faster and was a little more exciting. also more outfits lol

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Yeah it is a little slow but still good though.. i like the fact that wife gets to play too! and slow progress/build up of all of their relationships with each other... but i do wish story would move faster and was a little more exciting. also more outfits lol
There is a difference between a slow burn story and a repeatedly doing the exact same thing over and over again. I don't mind a slow burn game but this is not it.

DonStark

May 4, 2017
I like the game but damn i'm missing sometime some lingerie, the MC is the lord and her wife don't have sexy lingerie ? ... Damn that will be so epic to see the wife in some stockings.

When you play the game sinds the beginning you can see that the scene is always the same ( the girl is full nude and it's never change, same position, same place ... like why not a scene in the dinning room or other place of the castle ? no it's always in the bed and i understand that for the wife because she's pregnant but he also fuck 2 others girls so why we don't see sometime some wild sex ? )

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I like the game but damn i'm missing sometime some lingerie, the MC is the lord and her wife don't have sexy lingerie ? ... Damn that will be so epic to see the wife in some stockings.

When you play the game sinds the beginning you can see that the scene is always the same ( the girl is full nude and it's never change, same position, same place ... like why not a scene in the dinning room or other place of the castle ? no it's always in the bed and i understand that for the wife because she's pregnant but he also fuck 2 others girls so why we don't see sometime some wild sex ? )
Because Neverlucky apparently doesn't have a lot of motivation to vary things in the game. I and others have mentioned this in the thread several times, but just the sheer lack of general activities — 90% of the game is: wake up, bath time, eat breakfast, paperwork or sword practice during the day, eat dinner, sex with one of the three girls — is so limited that I'm not at all surprised that lewd activities haven't gotten much variety either.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well he is lord but doesn't mean that he can spend money on luxury things (like was seen when orphanage needed more money it was taken from elsewhere) and what cookiemonster said.

DonStark

May 4, 2017
well he is lord but doesn't mean that he can spend money on luxury things (like was seen when orphanage needed more money it was taken from elsewhere) and what cookiemonster said.
yeah i understand but i'm not asking for a new lingerie dressing room ... one set of nice stockings + lingerie is not a lot

Reactions: Malika1234
2.90 star(s) 97 Votes