harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
again I'll say this..just like I told the other one earlier...
If that's what you got from the story then kudos to you...I'm not going down this road...simple...
Have fun
It's okay, I'm not saying stressing anything further, because you are a fan of WVM game.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Wow. A lot of commenters here seem really threatened by a woman that has her own sexual interests, with full support of the MC.

Perhaps they don't personally know any actual women? This may come as a surprise to some but women are human beings also with actual sexual interests, and not necessarily to only their husbands, just like men!

What is with all the misogynists classifying everyone as alpha or beta? Give me a break. Human beings are not wolves.

Sure, the MC is rather passive, but so are almost all MCs in the VNs here. In this game, he just happens to have a wife, unlike most VNs, where she wants to share in the fun that the MC is having. I see their relationship as quite equal.

Personally, the only problem I have with A Knights Tale is that I wish the girls were reversed. Cathy can have Alice. I prefer Lydia. So cute. But I can be patient. I just fast forward all the Alice scenes.

PS: Love the facepalms. Please keep doing it, LOL. You guys are all proving my point.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Wow. A lot of commenters here seem really threatened by a woman that has her own sexual interests, with full support of the MC.

Perhaps they don't personally know any actual women? This may come as a surprise to some but women are human beings also with actual sexual interests, and not necessarily to only their husbands, just like men!

What is with all the misogynists classifying everyone as alpha or beta? Give me a break. Human beings are not wolves.

Sure, the MC is rather passive, but so are almost all MCs in the VNs here. In this game, he just happens to have a wife, unlike most VNs, where she wants to share in the fun that the MC is having. I see their relationship as quite equal.

Personally, the only problem I have with A Knights Tale is that I wish the girls were reversed. Cathy can have Alice. I prefer Lydia. So cute. But I can be patient. I just fast forward all the Alice scenes.
Brilliant post. Restores my faith in humanity some. Thank you :)

Reactions: Smarmint

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017

I don't personally know any actual women, but I've always assumed they had sexual interests as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Regardie

erkper

May 16, 2018

You assume much. For a guy to not be misogynistic he must be content to make no choices in his life, but only nod and accept what his wife decides? Interesting take. FWIW, I would say a relationship where the man made all the choices and his wife simply accepted whatever he chose to be just as unequal as I find the relationship between MC and Cathy. But thanks for the needless insult.

You also seem to misunderstand much. I'm quite happy with Cathy's healthy sexual appetite. Never once said anything negative about that. As I point out nearly every post, I'd just be happier if the MC in this story wasn't, as you stated, quite so passive. Your take of Cathy "wanting to share in the fun" is a bit off though - MC wasn't having any fun that Cathy wasn't already sharing in (because it was only with her) until SHE pushed HIM into starting a relationship with Alice. Something she even admits she did to provide an excuse for her to start a relationship with Lydia. If you don't see that as Alpha behavior (even with no fangs or fleas) to his Beta then perhaps you don't understand the terminology.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You assume much. For a guy to not be misogynistic he must be content to make no choices in his life, but only nod and accept what his wife decides?
Maybe I wasn't exactly clear. Being threatened or "bothered" by Cathy wanting to sleep with Lydia isn't necessarily misogynistic. I just noticed that a lot of commenters seemed threatened by what seems to me to be a fairly equal relationship. The MC sleeps around with his squire, and the wife wants to do the same with her handmaiden. I know most games here have the wife completely unsuspecting of the MCs pursuing with all the female characters in the game, which is fine, I've enjoyed many of those games. A Knights Tale just handles the relationship differently than most VNs, where the couple have equal fun, and it seems to bother a lot of people, at least based on the comments in this thread.

The misogyny comment I made referred to classifying people as alpha or beta, depending on whether they consider women as equal humans or not. That is what I meant. Like I said, humans aren't wolves. And it should not be an insult to call someone "beta", which is clearly lesser than "alpha", just because he considers a woman's feelings or sexual interests as equally important to his own. Let's retire the tired alpha and beta terminology, unless you are talking about canines with a clear pack hierarchy, not humans.

Last edited:

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Maybe I wasn't exactly clear. Being threatened or "bothered" by Cathy wanting to sleep with Lydia isn't necessarily misogynistic. I just noticed that a lot of commenters seemed threatened by what seems to me to be a fairly equal relationship. The MC sleeps around with his squire, and the wife wants to do the same with her handmaiden. I know most games here have the wife completely unsuspecting of the MCs pursuing with all the female characters in the game, which is fine, I've enjoyed many of those games. A Knights Tale just handles the relationship differently than most VNs, where the couple have equal fun, and it seems to bother a lot of people, at least based on the comments in this thread.

The misogyny comment I made referred to classifying men as alpha or beta, depending on whether they consider women as equal humans or not. That is what I meant. Like I said, humans aren't wolves. And it should not be an insult to call someone "beta", which is clearly lesser than "alpha", just because he considers a woman's feelings or sexual interests as equally important to his own.
Irrespective of equal or unequal relationships, we have to accept the facts that in a male protagonist game, where we have to immerse and play his role (talking about Immersive players, not others), it's hard to see wife getting much more scenes with multiple women compare to MC's scenes with other women. And with all this poly relations, their exclusive intimate sex becoming less. It won't be thrilled if they decide to stop having their bedroom sex on a whole and only prefers their new sex partners or prefers group sex with all involved. I like husband-wife having sex without talking about their other sexual encourters in bed. Those type of scenes becoming less.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Irrespective of equal or unequal relationships, we have to accept the facts that in a male protagonist game, where we have to immerse and play his role (talking about Immersive players, not others), it's hard to see wife getting much more scenes with multiple women compare to MC's scenes with other women. And with all this poly relations, their exclusive intimate sex becoming less. It won't be thrilled if they decide to stop having their bedroom sex on a whole and only prefers their new sex partners or prefers group sex with all involved. I like husband-wife having sex without talking about their other sexual encourters in bed. Those type of scenes becoming less.
I personally think the mc and wife's relationship will be just great as always, just like the vn which ain't changing. :)

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
The game started all well and good, but I am going to pass on it now. Several reasons, but the first being that I cannot get behind a MC who is such a passive wimp, and get no decisions to change it. The story is even deviating further and further away from the MC to the point I would almost suggest change to Female Protag, or Multiple Protag because the male that you play in this story really isn't there all that much anymore. The love that was in the game between the couple in the beginning is gone now, he is a hollow shell who passively lets everyone around him explore their sexuality while he goes and kicks rocks in a corner.
I thought this was going to be a romance game so I stuck around, not anymore.
Good luck to the author in the story they want to tell, but I am bailing on it here.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
The game started all well and good, but I am going to pass on it now. Several reasons, but the first being that I cannot get behind a MC who is such a passive wimp, and get no decisions to change it. The story is even deviating further and further away from the MC to the point I would almost suggest change to Female Protag, or Multiple Protag because the male that you play in this story really isn't there all that much anymore. The love that was in the game between the couple in the beginning is gone now, he is a hollow shell who passively lets everyone around him explore their sexuality while he goes and kicks rocks in a corner.
I thought this was going to be a romance game so I stuck around, not anymore.
Good luck to the author in the story they want to tell, but I am bailing on it here.
damn...you're right...
romance=dominance/alpha male ...damn how did I not figure this shit out?

erkper

May 16, 2018

The misogyny comment I made referred to classifying people as alpha or beta, depending on whether they consider women as equal humans or not. That is what I meant. Like I said, humans aren't wolves. And it should not be an insult to call someone "beta", which is clearly lesser than "alpha", just because he considers a woman's feelings or sexual interests as equally important to his own. Let's retire the tired alpha and beta terminology, unless you are talking about canines with a clear pack hierarchy, not humans.
How exactly is it misogynistic to define a relationship as alpha-beta? Again, I suspect you simply do not understand the terminology. It has absolutely nothing to do with considering a woman as an equal human to a man. It has everything to do with who makes the decisions and has the "dominant" role in the relationship. As has been my point all along, this is the very definition of the relationship between MC and Cathy, and the issue I have with the game. If you really think the relationship is equal, please show how. "Loving" and "equal" aren't synonyms.

Don't care about other games I probably don't play, and don't appreciate the repeated needless, inaccurate, and apparently uninformed insult you sure want to throw out to defend your opinion. Try to stay on subject.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
Contributing to the discussion, I'd like people to stop saying Cathy has more scenes than the MC, I just counted and there are 24 sex scenes in the game, the MC is in 17 of them, Cathy is in 14 of them (Alice:11, Lydia:7). Also the MC has more scenes with Alice than Cathy has with Lydia. You can say whatever you want about the MC but the argument that Cathy gets laid more than him is moot, at least for now.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
It has everything to do with who makes the decisions and has the "dominant" role in the relationship. As has been my point all along, this is the very definition of the relationship between MC and Cathy, and the issue I have with the game. If you really think the relationship is equal, please show how. "Loving" and "equal" aren't synonyms.

Don't care about other games I probably don't play, and don't appreciate the repeated needless, inaccurate, and apparently uninformed insult you sure want to throw out to defend your opinion. Try to stay on subject.
This will be my last post on this topic, only because you specifically asked me to respond. I don't know how you can see the relationship as anything but equal. Both the MC and Cathy have permission to sleep with one other person, separately, and together. They discussed it and both agreed. I didn't sense any pressure, or unwillingness of either the MC or the wife. As far as I can tell they are both wholeheartedly into it. Just because it was the wife who brought it up, after the MC was clearly into and leering at Alice, doesn't mean that he is being forced into it. In an equal relationship either party can bring up what they want. That is my whole point. The MC was with Alice first, and Cathy was with Lydia first, and eventually they will all be together, clearly the way the story is going. I really don't know how you can be more equal than that.

But clearly several facepalmers (which doesn't bother me, facepalm all my posts if it makes you happy), don't see it this way. I thought I could inform a few people. All the games here are so one sided with the male MC having all the fun and the oblivious wife either not knowing about it, or ok with it but enjoying the husband only, that when a game is released where it is almost totally equal (though as Aioto pointed out in a previous post, the MC has more sex scenes than Cathy), it seems like a shock and bothers a fair number of people.

Fair enough. I don't see why it bothers people personally, but everyone has different tastes. If you like the wife to be totally subservient and fawning to her husband, while he plays around with all the woman alone, clearly A Knights Tale isn't the game for you. There are about 2000 other games here that will be right up your alley. Whenever a dev tries to do something a little different, and defy the stereotype of typical games here, they always get tons of complaints from those that want all the games here to be the same.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
This will be my last post on this topic, only because you specifically asked me to respond. I don't know how you can see the relationship as anything but equal. Both the MC and Cathy have permission to sleep with one other person, separately, and together. They discussed it and both agreed. I didn't sense any pressure, or unwillingness of either the MC or the wife. As far as I can tell they are both wholeheartedly into it. Just because it was the wife who brought it up, after the MC was clearly into and leering at Alice, doesn't mean that he is being forced into it. In an equal relationship either party can bring up what they want. That is my whole point. The MC was with Alice first, and Cathy was with Lydia first, and eventually they will all be together, clearly the way the story is going. I really don't know how you can be more equal than that.

But clearly several facepalmers (which doesn't bother me, facepalm all my posts if it makes you happy), don't see it this way. I thought I could inform a few people. All the games here are so one sided with the male MC having all the fun and the oblivious wife either not knowing about it, or ok with it but enjoying the husband only, that when a game is released where it is almost totally equal (though as Aioto pointed out in a previous post, the MC has more sex scenes than Cathy), it seems like a shock and bothers a fair number of people.

Fair enough. I don't see why it bothers people personally, but everyone has different tastes. If you like the wife to be totally subservient and fawning to her husband, while he plays around with all the woman alone, clearly A Knights Tale isn't the game for you. There are about 2000 other games here that will be right up your alley. Whenever a dev tries to do something a little different, and defy the stereotype of typical games here, they always get tons of complaints from those that want all the games here to be the same.
Well said. :)

Reactions: Smarmint

erkper

May 16, 2018
This will be my last post on this topic, only because you specifically asked me to respond.
Very well. And thanks for dropping the namecalling when responding to my posts.
I don't know how you can see the relationship as anything but equal. Both the MC and Cathy have permission to sleep with one other person, separately, and together. They discussed it and both agreed. I didn't sense any pressure, or unwillingness of either the MC or the wife. As far as I can tell they are both wholeheartedly into it. Just because it was the wife who brought it up, after the MC was clearly into and leering at Alice, doesn't mean that he is being forced into it. In an equal relationship either party can bring up what they want. That is my whole point. The MC was with Alice first, and Cathy was with Lydia first, and eventually they will all be together, clearly the way the story is going. I really don't know how you can be more equal than that.
Equal results maybe, if you choose to look at it that way. I see it as the MC makes zero decisions in the game, simply agreeing to options presented to (or, in a few cases, forced on) him by others. "Others" being primarily Cathy, though I agree she never forces anything on him. To my point from the beginning: MC goes to the capitol though he doesn't want to (forced on him by the new king.) I'll give him a total pass on this one due to the feudal system he is part of. While at the capitol, he accepts Alice as his squire though he clearly never wanted one and only does so because the choice is forced on him by his friend (who knew he didn't want a squire and forced her on him anyways.) No pass on this one, he accepts a forced choice because he doesn't have the spine to stand up to his friend. Beta behavior. Which does not necessarily mean "bad" or "wrong" behavior, but man... how easy would it have been for that scene to be written so that Chris worries about the future of his daughter and MC actually volunteers to take her on?

MC begins a relationship with Alice when CATHY suggests he does so. Cathy uses this suggestion to open the avenue for her to start a relationship with Lydia. Something she admits was on her mind from the very beginning. Classic Alpha (Cathy) - Beta (MC) behavior. Throughout the development of all the relationships to date, it is always Cathy and never MC who makes decisions on both how the relationships grow and even the day-to-day events. For all the involvement MC has in the decision-making in "his" castle, he might as well be a mannequin attached to Cathy's wooden strap-on. Not sure why, but Neverlucky has certainly chosen to make the MC a prop and Cathy the true central character (protagonist) of the game.

Last two paragraphs didn't apply to me (IMO) so I edited them out of the comment I was replying to.

Last edited:

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I'll stay out of the whole argument on alpha/beta. The one thing that I saw was that the mc went along with all of Cathy's decisions/suggestions, but the problem was that the player didn't get a say in anything we are just along for the ride. Now I know triangle was pretty much the same. The problem is that after triangle its kinda hard to get into this story. Not saying it's bad, or that I won't play it, just saying that it doesn't hold my interest like triangle did.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
I'll stay out of the whole argument on alpha/beta. The one thing that I saw was that the mc went along with all of Cathy's decisions/suggestions, but the problem was that the player didn't get a say in anything we are just along for the ride. Now I know triangle was pretty much the same. The problem is that after triangle its kinda hard to get into this story. Not saying it's bad, or that I won't play it, just saying that it doesn't hold
I agree with you. A Knight's Tale seems to be a straight rehash of Triangle but set in a "bigger world". Because of the bigger setting, what worked in Triangle does not work here.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I agree with you. A Knight's Tale seems to be a straight rehash of Triangle but set in a "bigger world". Because of the bigger setting, what worked in Triangle does not work here.
Works for some of us, like me. Yet, I will give you that it didn't reinvent the wheel.

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes