Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
A Knight's Tale [v0.17] [Neverlucky] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 4.43 GB

Compressed PC Size: 474.9 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 458.2 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of A knight's tale v0.17.
(+ previously released bonus content)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Some images missing
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Any images that are scene#####alt are part of the SE version. The hero with that is usually about 2 weeks after the regular version appears here.

If you previously played an SE version and continued from a save on a regular version you'll see those.

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
The MC of this story is nothing more then a side character in this game. The wife has full on sex with the girls the so called MC gets a quick BJ. The wife bangs the maid with a strap on and 69's the other. This game should be called A Knights Wife's Tale. I think I played my last update of this game. I prefer to be the main character of the story. You get you wife's sloppy seconds in this game. Not for me. (n)

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
The MC of this story is nothing more then a side character in this game. The wife has full on sex with the girls the so called MC gets a quick BJ. The wife bangs the maid with a strap on and 69's the other. This game should be called A Knights Wife's Tale. I think I played my last update of this game. I prefer to be the main character of the story. You get you wife's sloppy seconds in this game. Not for me. (n)
Right... sloppy seconds while you have an affair with your hot young female squire and your maid. Sure your wife knows and goes along with it, but this dude is hardly getting seconds.

Oct 22, 2017
I loved Triangle.
And so far I really like this game.
:love:

There are elements I would probably have liked better if they had been a little different, but that happens if you don't write your own storyline. I can very much live with the result presented here.

I know, I'm a little late to the last installment of the ever-recurring discussion about the MC and Cathy, but here is my take on it:
I'm actually a little between two seats here.

On one hand, I have no problem with the MC's personality, personality-wise.
He is in a loving relationship and a laid back guy. I can very much relate to that.
More to the issue at hand, the role model relationship is a monogamous one.
We know he is no Macho/fucks around behind her back, he is happy with the love of his life - nothing 'unmanly' here.
So of course, when Cathy asks him if he wants other relationships, he says NO. He loves Cathy and she might suspect his budding feelings towards Alice. He definitely has to reassure her and show her that her assumed fears are ungrounded.
Cathy HAS to take the initiative here to show him that it is OK for them to change their relationship into something more uncommon.

On the other hand, this is a game with an MC - and the more common presentation of games with an MC is that the MC/player has an active part in evolving the story. That is even true for RTS games for example where the MC is only present in the story intermissions you have no real influence about.
Now, VNs are a special case in that they are much more story-centric and a story that completely caters to the MC being the center of every decision wise would be a sandbox.
In my experience, sandboxes often aren't that great at telling an enthralling story (there are exceptions, mind you). And too many branches all too often kill a VN in the long run.
So again, the level of influence I, the player, have is a compromise, and how strong I feel 'lacking influence' is a problem depends on many things. One of them potentially being how much story direction is driven by whom or what else.
The difference here, in relation to Triangle, is that the story direction is set that actively (and domineering) by Cathy. Not in telling the MC what to do, but the impulses seem to originate from her pretty much.
Story-wise that makes a lot of sense, especially in the beginning.
Also, nothing wrong with that relationship-wise and going pretty well with the laid-back way of the MC - if everything goes his way without doing the work ... well more time to just enjoy it without anyone being able to oppose him really.
(What damages this a little, is that all this could be there and can be explained - but it isn't communicated to the player. If the MC would have some thoughts about it for example and express that this is actually what he wanted from the get-go or something like that, it would much more feel like the MC was an active part in this. I too felt a little like the MC was lacking his own personality from time to time. Just a little edge here or there ... Nothing bothering the tone of the game, just something to give him more of his own standing so to speak.)

BUT (this had to come at some point ;) ) - from a gaming perspective, it would indeed be nice if the game would feel more like the protagonist had some more influence on the direction as well.
This might come in the upcoming action that many complained about that the game was lacking (I like it much more this way - first the relationship is properly set (although it did take some time to get there ;)), so we can actually have it threatened and saved, supporting the MC, ...). All the same, after Cathy established the possibility of them all being together, it would be a nice touch for some (more) ideas/suggestions coming from the MC in the first place.
This does not necessarily mean active choices and clicking buttons. Told choices of our MC can still represent active contributions to the story.

And with that, on to more 'knightly' adventures to come, saving the kingdom and a felt more prominently MC.
I'm really looking forward to how the story will progress. :D

Last edited:

44Tom

Oct 19, 2018
I am having a hard time getting into this being a medieval kingdom. None of the characters have pubic hair or much body hair. Also, the casual clothes doesn't speak 1500's to me.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
It is the horsey ... hoarse ..ey? ..Tom .. it is in there .. the hair is on the horse.
I am having a hard time getting into this being a medieval kingdom. None of the characters have pubic hair or much body hair. Also, the casual clothes doesn't speak 1500's to me.
They are noble fancy people catering to their kinks .. would you also like milk bathing and such now? Would you?

hwn3

Feb 26, 2019
Absolutely. If this game took place in modern times it would be the exact same thing, but with different backgrounds and clothing.

D

Deleted member 2767565

... but this should be renamed Cathy's Tale instead of A Knight's Tale.
It sounds as though "A Knight's Tail" might be more popular to many in here... (meow)

Last edited by a moderator:

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I don't know Played a couple of updates then lost interest for a while

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
I loved Triangle.
And so far I really like this game.
:love:

There are elements I would probably have liked better if they had been a little different, but that happens if you don't write your own storyline. I can very much live with the result presented here.

I know, I'm a little late to the last installment of the ever-recurring discussion about the MC and Cathy, but here is my take on it:
I'm actually a little between two seats here.

On one hand, I have no problem with the MC's personality, personality-wise.
He is in a loving relationship and a laid back guy. I can very much relate to that.
More to the issue at hand, the role model relationship is a monogamous one.
We know he is no Macho/fucks around behind her back, he is happy with the love of his life - nothing 'unmanly' here.
So of course, when Cathy asks him if he wants other relationships, he says NO. He loves Cathy and she might suspect his budding feelings towards Alice. He definitely has to reassure her and show her that her assumed fears are ungrounded.
Cathy HAS to take the initiative here to show him that it is OK for them to change their relationship into something more uncommon.

On the other hand, this is a game with an MC - and the more common presentation of games with an MC is that the MC/player has an active part in evolving the story. That is even true for RTS games for example where the MC is only present in the story intermissions you have no real influence about.
Now, VNs are a special case in that they are much more story-centric and a story that completely caters to the MC being the center of every decision wise would be a sandbox.
In my experience, sandboxes often aren't that great at telling an enthralling story (there are exceptions, mind you). And too many branches all too often kill a VN in the long run.
So again, the level of influence I, the player, have is a compromise, and how strong I feel 'lacking influence' is a problem depends on many things. One of them potentially being how much story direction is driven by whom or what else.
The difference here, in relation to Triangle, is that the story direction is set that actively (and domineering) by Cathy. Not in telling the MC what to do, but the impulses seem to originate from her pretty much.
Story-wise that makes a lot of sense, especially in the beginning.
Also, nothing wrong with that relationship-wise and going pretty well with the laid-back way of the MC - if everything goes his way without doing the work ... well more time to just enjoy it without anyone being able to oppose him really.
(What damages this a little, is that all this could be there and can be explained - but it isn't communicated to the player. If the MC would have some thoughts about it for example and express that this is actually what he wanted from the get-go or something like that, it would much more feel like the MC was an active part in this. I too felt a little like the MC was lacking his own personality from time to time. Just a little edge here or there ... Nothing bothering the tone of the game, just something to give him more of his own standing so to speak.)

BUT (this had to come at some point ;) ) - from a gaming perspective, it would indeed be nice if the game would feel more like the protagonist had some more influence on the direction as well.
This might come in the upcoming action that many complained about that the game was lacking (I like it much more this way - first the relationship is properly set (although it did take some time to get there ;)), so we can actually have it threatened and saved, supporting the MC, ...). All the same, after Cathy established the possibility of them all being together, it would be a nice touch for some (more) ideas/suggestions coming from the MC in the first place.
This does not necessarily mean active choices and clicking buttons. Told choices of our MC can still represent active contributions to the story.

And with that, on to more 'knightly' adventures to come, saving the kingdom and a felt more prominently MC.
I'm really looking forward to how the story will progress. :D
A well thought out opinion. I agree with some of what you said and basically said the same thing. It's actually not a popular opinion to like the game but want more from out MC, generally both camps unite against you. But Hell, at least I'm no longer walking into the pits of hell alone. Welcome to the war soldier, now get down in the trenches and watch your 6, incoming fire inbound.

Seriously though. I think most people have had valid points about the game, even those I disagree with. At the end of the game, I like more then I dislike and that's why I keep playing. Fact is, the other characters make up for the MC.

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Personally I find the story and relations very well open minded placed, besides I do believe that more complex and forced situations have taken place between the aristocrats 1600-1700 in France for example under "secrecy".

Reactions: Spfjolietjake
2.90 star(s) 97 Votes