Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
A Knight's Tale [v0.24 SE] [Neverlucky] - Unofficial Update Patch
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This update patch is unofficial which might break the game.

v0.23 SE >> v0.24 SE
Uncompressed Update Size 67.9 MB
Compressed Update 45.0 MB

Give me a "(y)like" if the unofficial update patch is useful
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I really dislike this. It's probably not bad, but I am clearly not the target audience.

This is Cathy's harem and the MC is just another member of it. Everything that happens happens because she has allowed it to.
She was getting Lydia ready for a relationship before the MC even arrived in the capital.
The MC-Alice relationship wasn't started or encouraged by the MC. He resisted it and reported straight to Cathy.
I know mff threesomes are normally unrealistic, but this one felt like the focus was on Cathy.
Now Alice is buying fancy underwear and the first person to see it is Cathy.

I feel sidelined.
Lydia's first choice is Cathy. That is unfortunate but acceptable.
Alice's first choice is probably the MC, but the MC doesn't do anything and she gets swept up in Cathy's flow.
Cathy just likes to fuck and be in control.

This isn't fun for me. I play games to feel wanted or in control not to watch sex happen.

Anyone that says it's fine because it's 'just girls' is saying that a same sex relationship is somehow less meaningful than a 'normal' man/woman one. If any one of those girls was another guy, I suspect you would see things differently.
Yeah if this is the case I'm not gonna like it either. Playing it now to check it out for myself.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
First impressions... it's plodding along. Story needs to set up characters and relationships a bit quicker. Both the pace and characters so far are a bit boring.

Text boxes need an option for transparency if you're gonna frame the lewd scenes so that the text box is in the way.

Small plot hole - maid tells squire her duty (or one of them) is to dress the lady of the house. So why are the maid's eyes bugging out when the lady of the house is undressing, like it's the first time she's seen her naked? :ROFLMAO:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Not going to be mean here, but... okay... game dev... two adults are laying naked in a bed. One says they aren't ready for sex. And the other says "I wasn't expecting this to lead to sex tonight." That doesn't work.

If one says that, then it's fine to say "okay, I'll respect your wishes" and maybe start putting your clothes back on... but two people getting nekked in bed - the expectations for sex are absolutely there and that statement above just doesn't work.

If you're kinda pacing out the sex scenes in your game and working up to something, there's probably better ways of going about it, both through scenarios and dialogue.

Just my 2 cents and of course nobody has to care about my opinion.

Also:

So far this isn't a game of choices. That's fine. You make the game you want, obviously. If you wanna consider it, I'd like to see a game of more choices. Give us a choice whether we're interested in a girl, or certain types of relationships. Maybe we don't wanna share our wife with somebody else, maybe we do. It's more fun (for me) if we have a choice.

I'm gonna say some positive stuff now. The wife and maid and squire are all attractive and have bodies that are believable. I think they're a good start for building dialogue and narrative that makes their personalities as attractive as their bodies. I think the setting has promise, as well. People like to be the Lord of their own castle. Maybe bring in some more atmospheric setting and dialogue. Like, the other servants getting upset that some servants are getting special treatment, being allowed to eat at the table above their station. Or the Lord having more control over the spouse... if she displeases him she can be cast out on the street. Or, training the squire a certain way pays off in a bandit ambush later on. Stuff like that. Just ideas. Cheers!

Last edited:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
As usual there is something to like and something there's not to like.

Let's start with the positive: We finally get to learn something about this mysterious paperwork either the Lord or the Lady are always doing. This could have been a nice way to bring in some lore about the world, maybe with the one or the other decision to approve or deny the requests, or maybe having to ride out to look at the situation on site. Oh well, wasted opportunity, of course. I also liked (and would have liked) much more of those little interactions like bringing Amelia home. This would definitely break up the monotony. Finally there was a little bit of branching depending on whether Alice passes or fails the test (which is strictly dependent on the final question, as she always gets the first one right - with or without leniency - and fails the second); and the Lord must really be getting old if he is still "spent" some three hours later.

What I did not like: We didn't see anything of the wedding. Lady Catherine and Alice just went off and came back the following day. No seeing the bride, no ceremony, no cuddling at the inn, no possible attack on the two of them where Alice could have shown what she has learned in that endless training of hers.

Speculation about the SE scene: The first one with Lydia.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
story is still dumb but it works and otherwise game is nice except same route every day, wake up (with 1+ femmes), bath, breakfast, etc. only change if they goto walk or swim.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I kind of made peace with any shortcomings because 2 redhead LIs (Love that) and one is so very cute and petite (Super love that). And it is telling a story and Lydia has a character to her which is endearing and makes me want to eat her up.

And also sex with 2 lovely redheads. :love:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I realize this is slice-of-life, so it's not meant to be a gripping plot. While I do feel my former complaints were justified (almost exactly the same thing day after day), I'm happy that newer content is a bit more varied. It's still the same basics of the day, as cxx said, but as a slice-of-life I wouldn't expect a lot from it. Now, however, content is at least modified somewhat: there aren't a lot of study sessions we see, there's a little more interaction with the town, and the MC's night with Lydia was absolutely adorable. There was even a tiny bit revealed about the political landscape of the world. Not a bad release, IMO.

gnymer

May 14, 2020
Please fix the archery renders. The curved bowstring keeps coming up in new updates. It looks soo dumb. Overall I love the game.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I really dislike this. It's probably not bad, but I am clearly not the target audience.

This is Cathy's harem and the MC is just another member of it. Everything that happens happens because she has allowed it to.
She was getting Lydia ready for a relationship before the MC even arrived in the capital.
The MC-Alice relationship wasn't started or encouraged by the MC. He resisted it and reported straight to Cathy.
I know mff threesomes are normally unrealistic, but this one felt like the focus was on Cathy.
Now Alice is buying fancy underwear and the first person to see it is Cathy.

I feel sidelined.
Lydia's first choice is Cathy. That is unfortunate but acceptable.
Alice's first choice is probably the MC, but the MC doesn't do anything and she gets swept up in Cathy's flow.
Cathy just likes to fuck and be in control.

This isn't fun for me. I play games to feel wanted or in control not to watch sex happen.

Anyone that says it's fine because it's 'just girls' is saying that a same sex relationship is somehow less meaningful than a 'normal' man/woman one. If any one of those girls was another guy, I suspect you would see things differently.
Came away with the same view. Clearly's its got its audience but that isn't me.
i just prefer MC's with some agency rather than effectively it being the wife's harem.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
I understand this game is in an alternate reality where we are to forget everything we know about life in medieval times.
But given the "history" lesson/test of the current update and the MC's place in the kingdom, does it not seem odd that....
The only people that lives in the castle is the MC, Cathy, Alice and Lydia :ROFLMAO:
The only retainers he seems to have is Lydia, Emma the cook and the stable guy who seems to be operating outside the keep.
He's supposed to guard the border but has NO man at arms, and ONE horse (2 now with Alice's).
:ROFLMAO:

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes