Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I understand this game is in an alternate reality where we are to forget everything we know about life in medieval times.
But given the "history" lesson/test of the current update and the MC's place in the kingdom, does it not seem odd that....
The only people that lives in the castle is the MC, Cathy, Alice and Lydia :ROFLMAO:
The only retainers he seems to have is Lydia, Emma the cook and the stable guy who seems to be operating outside the keep.
He's supposed to guard the border but has NO man at arms, and ONE horse (2 now with Alice's).
:ROFLMAO:
Hm, I think it was mentioned at some point that his, maybe we can call it duchy, or simply land, is not a borderland.

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
Just wanted to give my thumbs up for neverlucky.

I really like your games and even when I get, that some people get frustrated by the lack of story, I don't find it too disruptive, as the interaction between the characters is really nice and imo makes up for it.

There is one thing that unfortunatelly catched my eye: the setup of the chessboard is often wrong (I know, not really the most important thing). It just somehow keeps on bothering me, so I thought I give a short overview:
First time Cathy and Alice play against each other, then later when you help Cathy to prepare the board for the second game against Alice and before their third game: Queen and King of black have to switch their positions ("Regina regit colorem")
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It can't be checkmate (f.e. black Queen captures white Queen (Queen from E3 to D4) or black Bishop shields the King (Bishop from C8 to D7))

Last edited:

arroganz

Sep 6, 2020
Who wouldn't love to have a wife like Cathy.
I really like the idea of a Ladies Harem.

Just one thing. Really. Please try to work on the bow strings during archery. ;)

Keep it going. I love your games.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I understand this game is in an alternate reality where we are to forget everything we know about life in medieval times.
But given the "history" lesson/test of the current update and the MC's place in the kingdom, does it not seem odd that....
The only people that lives in the castle is the MC, Cathy, Alice and Lydia :ROFLMAO:
The only retainers he seems to have is Lydia, Emma the cook and the stable guy who seems to be operating outside the keep.
He's supposed to guard the border but has NO man at arms, and ONE horse (2 now with Alice's).
:ROFLMAO:
Yes of course, it looks empty, but we just need some imagination, i guess putting a lot of people means a lot of work and a lot of investment for the models.
And i love the fact that there is almost no plot, i was afraid at the beginning that we would have the bad naughty stupid king that opress the MC and that it would have spoiled the fun, but fortunately not until now!
I love those games that just give us a good funny and sexy story with good characters and seeing the development of their relations without falling into stupid drama.
I said stupid drama because almost each time there are some drama in those stories it's very bad and annoying.

But what looks funny to me it's not the fact that the castle is empty, it's more how they dress and how they are obsessed by bathing and cleaning.
There were no bathroom in medieval castle, not even in a wonderfull castle like Versailles, even there people pissed an shit behind doors or outside in the garden, there was only one pierced chair for the king and people washed sometimes without getting naked with a moist towel.
Many people never washed once in their whole life and if you visit a real medieval castle you will notice that it's as cold as in a cellar, so washing with cold water in a cold room was not enjoyable and seen as dangerous for health.
There was no lingerie, no panties and such, people sleep in long shirts with sleeves with a night cap, getting naked in bed was out of question! It was even forbidden for young girls to look at their own body.

But for an adult VN it would have been annoying for sure !!;)

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

kkholis

Dec 26, 2017
I mean, at this point, you might as well add a "Female Domination" tag because it's pretty clear Cathy's in control (and she's the least attractive... go figure)
All the MC is needed for is dick. That's it. If this was a 21st century story, they'd ignore your ass completely.
Which sucks because that makes it not fun to play.
Also, there's no interpersonal relationship development between MC and the other girls when he's alone with them, which is the problem because you're playing the fucking game.

Fuck it, I can't play this shit. Rip the animations to video. At least the scenes themselves with no dialogue are great fappable.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I mean, at this point, you might as well add a "Female Domination" tag because it's pretty clear Cathy's in control (and she's the least attractive... go figure)
All the MC is needed for is dick. That's it. If this was a 21st century story, they'd ignore your ass completely.
Which sucks because that makes it not fun to play.
Also, there's no interpersonal relationship development between MC and the other girls when he's alone with them, which is the problem because you're playing the fucking game.

Fuck it, I can't play this shit. Rip the animations to video. At least the scenes themselves with no dialogue are great fappable.
At this point? It's pretty much been like this since the beginning of the game. Not sure why 20 releases was the cutoff point for you.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
many posters on prev. pages would disagree with that statement.
Yes, but number of people agreeing with someone doesn't make them correct. Look up the word protagonist. While Cathy gets a fair amount of game time, do you ever make any choices with her? I could be misremembering (there are so few choices in the game in general), but I don't remember making a single choice for Cathy anywhere in the game. Additionally, although we sometimes get a different angle so you see what the MC looks like, you usually see things through the MC's eyes. You never see anything through Cathy's eyes . . . ever. How, then, would Cathy be the leading character of the story?

Reactions: J.Buttler

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yes, but number of people agreeing with someone doesn't make them correct. Look up the word protagonist. While Cathy gets a fair amount of game time, do you ever make any choices with her? I could be misremembering (there are so few choices in the game in general), but I don't remember making a single choice for Cathy anywhere in the game. Additionally, although we sometimes get a different angle so you see what the MC looks like, you usually see things through the MC's eyes. You never see anything through Cathy's eyes . . . ever. How, then, would Cathy be the leading character of the story?
Haha, MC doesn't make any choices either. You don't make choices AS Cathy, but Cathy certainly makes all the decisions in this story. By most people's definition, the person making choices is the main character. You can argue the pedantics of the term MC or protagonist if you like. And for the record, there's no P (Protagonist) in the abbreviation MC (Main Character) which is what the poster originally stated.

[Edit] - also for the record, I find facepalms without rebuttal to be the equivalent of "I feel you are wrong, but your post is factual and I cannot logically argue against it."

Last edited:

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of A knight`s tale v0.21SE.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of A knight`s tale v0.21SE.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
You're a workhorse, dude. Thanks for all the hard work you always are putting in for everyone else. It's really appreciated.

Reactions: the66 and mnbvcxza
2.90 star(s) 97 Votes