Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Also interesting how some posters on this thread just can't handle any criticism of the game. Are you so unsure of your own likes and dislikes that you can't allow for others to have a different opinion? But WE are the insecure ones...
Hmmm, let me get an example.

Latest version changelog ??
& When mc's backbone will grow ??
Such great display of constructive criticism... :rolleyes:
Just one on this page of the thread, far from the only one or the most vitriolic.
Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
What story? :ROFLMAO:
Of course it's not "Crime and Punishment", the scenario is simple and the story also, but i like that game this way, no drama just the easy fun everyday life full of love and happiness.
It's refreshing and a big change from those multiple clones of BAD with the eternal student with a huge dick who fucks and cheat and lie to everybody just as an immature prick!
Betsy is my favorite character, she is so charming and lovable :love::oops:o_O

HadazzH

Feb 12, 2019
I really dislike this. It's probably not bad, but I am clearly not the target audience.

This is Cathy's harem and the MC is just another member of it. Everything that happens happens because she has allowed it to.
She was getting Lydia ready for a relationship before the MC even arrived in the capital.
The MC-Alice relationship wasn't started or encouraged by the MC. He resisted it and reported straight to Cathy.
I know mff threesomes are normally unrealistic, but this one felt like the focus was on Cathy.
Now Alice is buying fancy underwear and the first person to see it is Cathy.

I feel sidelined.
Lydia's first choice is Cathy. That is unfortunate but acceptable.
Alice's first choice is probably the MC, but the MC doesn't do anything and she gets swept up in Cathy's flow.
Cathy just likes to fuck and be in control.

This isn't fun for me. I play games to feel wanted or in control not to watch sex happen.

Anyone that says it's fine because it's 'just girls' is saying that a same sex relationship is somehow less meaningful than a 'normal' man/woman one. If any one of those girls was another guy, I suspect you would see things differently.
The real name of this name should be Cathy's tale as she is running the show. Instead of the male MC she should be the lesbian/bi MC, who uses her cunt to make simp husband to bend her will. At least then there could be a bit of drama in a form of inner dialog, where she thinks how to fuck up this yes-man-knight to do what she wants to fullfill her sexual fantasies. Props for not raping, drugging or blackmailing to have sex.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I see a lot of people complaining about the fact that the MC doesn't have the lead as a "real man". What's the problem, i guess that many players are not married or in a stable couple or they would perfectly understand that when you really love and respect someone you don't need to be the man of the house.
I love in this story the fact that the MC behave like a real man who doesn't feel the need to show he is the master.
He has the huge chance to have a wondefull woman who loves to take the lead in sex and let him have his own experiences with ohter girls.
It's not a jalous woman who will keep him for herself and takes advantage of him.
It's quite funny to see players annoyed to have choosen that game because it was tagged as Male MC, with a title about a knight living in castle with a squire a maid and a woman and finding a simple guy living a quiet life, like a daddy bear in the middle of three lusty minx:LOL:

HadazzH

Feb 12, 2019
I see a lot of people complaining about the fact that the MC doesn't have the lead as a "real man". What's the problem, i guess that many players are not married or in a stable couple or they would perfectly understand that when you really love and respect someone you don't need to be the man of the house.
I love in this story the fact that the MC behave like a real man who doesn't feel the need to show he is the master.
He has the huge chance to have a wondefull woman who loves to take the lead in sex and let him have his own experiences with ohter girls.
It's not a jalous woman who will keep him for herself and takes advantage of him.
It's quite funny to see players annoyed to have choosen that game because it was tagged as Male MC, with a title about a knight living in castle with a squire a maid and a woman and finding a simple guy living a quiet life, like a daddy bear in the middle of three lusty minx:LOL:
Relationships in this game are anything but normal. MC's wife lures her husband to have a lover, so that she can have sexual relationship with the maid, and later with other characters. She even admits doing so, and tells to MC that MC loves the scuire, who has no clue about that kind of feelings. If you really love somebody, you don't need your wife to tell about it. You 100% know it yourself but MC just admits it like "OK, if you say so". The main reason, why I don't like wimp/simp games, is that I hand over the decision-making power to side character(s), so what's left after that. Nothing. I want "play" the character, and making decicions is a vital part of it. What comes to this game, I got overdose of lesbian sex, and that's why I stopped playing it, and also because MC is a wall decoration, who has zero own will. I have a feeling that I am "watching" the game and not being in it. Nothing wrong about that. Way above average game, but just not my thing. Off Topic: This kind of relationship is not normal even in real life. Equality is not same as being a yes-man with no own will. There are lot of colours between door mat and "man of the house".

erkper

May 16, 2018
Hmmm, let me get an example.

Such great display of constructive criticism... :rolleyes:
Just one on this page of the thread, far from the only one or the most vitriolic.
Just sayin'.
You are correct, the quote you cherry picked was not particularly enlightening or constructive. Interesting you chose to use someone else's quote as an example instead of one of the many that actually articulate why the posters feel this way. Seems to go right back in a circle to my previous post about being unable to debate the argument.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
You are correct, the quote you cherry picked was not particularly enlightening or constructive. Interesting you chose to use someone else's quote as an example instead of one of the many that actually articulate why the posters feel this way. Seems to go right back in a circle to my previous post about being unable to debate the argument.
As i said back then and i repeat now - "Just one on this page of the thread, far from the only one or the most vitriolic " - that is definitely not the definition of cherry picking last i heard.

I honestly don't see where i might have been misleading in presenting information (that is a definition of cherry picking) as you claim.

But you have a right to your opinion, nor do i think this game is perfect or anything (far from it).
Feel free to bring up the constructive criticisms you see and believe people are unfairly disparaging then.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
There is some heavy misogyny tainted trolls that can't stand equals in a relationship. Well it ain't the 50's anymore, this ain't the honeymooners.

You certain posters come around every update and rehash the "it should be labeled a female mc..." and the mc is not a "real man" posts. We get it, you don't like it. Thankfully, it ain't changing.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Why does this game not have the Kinetic Novel tag since the Dev is making all the choices for us?
Fair question. Don't remember much in the way of actual player decision-making in the last 2-3 versions at least. That is something to definitely call out on with the Dev, if it intends to keep things that way or will there be any changes in the future (possibly involving whatever crap the king is involved in doing).

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Relationships in this game are anything but normal. MC's wife lures her husband to have a lover, so that she can have sexual relationship with the maid, and later with other characters. She even admits doing so, and tells to MC that MC loves the scuire, who has no clue about that kind of feelings. If you really love somebody, you don't need your wife to tell about it. You 100% know it yourself but MC just admits it like "OK, if you say so". The main reason, why I don't like wimp/simp games, is that I hand over the decision-making power to side character(s), so what's left after that. Nothing. I want "play" the character, and making decicions is a vital part of it. What comes to this game, I got overdose of lesbian sex, and that's why I stopped playing it, and also because MC is a wall decoration, who has zero own will. I have a feeling that I am "watching" the game and not being in it. Nothing wrong about that. Way above average game, but just not my thing. Off Topic: This kind of relationship is not normal even in real life. Equality is not same as being a yes-man with no own will. There are lot of colours between door mat and "man of the house".
One of the main points is that folks like you "stopped playing it" but still come on here to complain about it. Why? Just move on to something you'll like. Going to the trouble of coming on here and adding the same complaint with every release is just annoying. We get it: you don't like the game. We're not going to agree, so you're shouting in the wind.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Also interesting how some posters on this thread just can't handle any criticism of the game. Are you so unsure of your own likes and dislikes that you can't allow for others to have a different opinion? But WE are the insecure ones...
Haha, don't worry. I think I have talked about it enough months ago. Everyone is free to have their opinion, with their own preferences and likes/dislikes. I am just amazed that so many people hang around this thread for months with the same criticisms over and over again, every single page. You think they would have something better to do with their time. If people have a criticism about A Knights Tale and its story or characters, say it once, maybe twice if they feel the need, and then keep quiet about it. If people can't stand it, they should play something else. If they can tolerate it, they should find something else about the game to talk about if they want to add to the discussion. If someone seriously finds the need to come here every day or two to say the same complaint over and over again, it seems more like they have a personal issue, and they address it within themselves.

It is just a game people, you don't have to play it if you don't like it. What is the point of repeating the same thing page after page? Is it just to browbeat the developer into reworking his game to match your preference? Neverlucky never comes here. Is it to harass the fans that actually like the game? Honestly, why?

Last edited:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
No biggie, but something confuses me a bit for a while now. Where I come from, the head of the household sits top of the table. In this case it would mean that Alice the Squire is "Boss of Everything".

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes