osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I am getting an error right after the wake up.
Dev previously posted an answer to this:

There's some sort of dependency on the Microsoft C++ runtime that doesn't get found in some cases.
If you play regular AAA games you should already have had it installed at some point by COD:MW or GTAV or RDR or something like that.
But otherwise you will have to go get it from Microsoft and install it manually. The exact thing you need depends on your version of windows.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
I am getting an error right after the wake up.
As mentioned before, others had the same problem and could fix it by installing c++. However, this shouldn't be an external dependency. I may have a solution for this, but couldn't test it excessively enough yet. I'm trying to evaluate it as soon as I can.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
Selene is a well-made character, she's just not a typical harem waifu. I think it reflects well on your writing ability that you have a character besides the PC that's allowed to have a backstory and an agenda.
A character that slaps the protagonist on the first meeting and then frequently berates him reminds me of a lead heroine in a Japanese visual novel character.
Sadly a well-made character has its own personality and this particular personality might not be everyone's cup of tea. But I think it's more important that well-made characters are the building blocks for a genuinely good story.
I'm all for a well-made character but this kind of abrasive personality is as off-putting as a MC who is always a perv. Her dialogue needs some fine-tuning in making her less annoying and the MC to stop apologizing to her for literally everything.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I'm all for a well-made character but this kind of abrasive personality is as off-putting as a MC who is always a perv. Her dialogue needs some fine-tuning in making her less annoying and the MC to stop apologizing to her for literally everything.
I wanna say that liking a character or not is a matter of taste and that even unlikable characters can be well-written, but I honestly don't get what you're talking about. Is a little quirky banter too much already?

Bernys95

Oct 13, 2017
I really like this game, the story, your characters and the quality of your renders. But these damn min-games that crash Unity......... I hate mini-games...... a barrier to go further????? At least put them as an option!

Reactions: b3488c87

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
I wasn't sure if I want to comment on the personalities of the characters but I'll try to explain a little bit from my point of view.

About mc being a perv. I read that quite a few times and after learning and growing with my project, I have to agree. It is a bit much inner dialogue about perving. I should let those thoughts grow in the reader it self. I just want to mentioned that's my first time writing a story, so I'm still learning and I try to improve. In the last chapter I already tried to reduce it.
However, in my defense, back at collage or even before, well even now and then those are thoughts we have. But like I said, I try to leave those thoughts to the reader.
About MC being a pussy or to much apologizing, I don't see that all. I don't know if that may is a cultural think. Don't really want to tackle that topic, probably shouldn't have mention it. Anyway, MC woke up in unfamiliar environment where Selene already appeared to live for a while. I just don't want him to be dominant in that scenario and I don't want to create a completely dominating character. I rather want a kind MC (even if he is a bit pervy... but man... who the fuck isn't a bit pervy...)

About the slap. To be honest, that really is out of place... I just wanted a pulp fiction reference :) Didn't expect it to be part of a discussion, other than about memes.
I don't see Selene as annoying at all to be honest, and I don't want her to be of a submissive kind. That wouldn't fit her character when she was in charge of raising her little sister. I wanted her character to have some depths. Trying to be strong, especially for her sister and also having a week side. To be a bit pessimistic because of her past but also joyful if something good happens. Kind of a balance.

And like Hildegardt said. It mostly is friendly banter or sarcasm, which I'm a huge fan of.

I really like this game, the story, your characters and the quality of your renders. But these damn min-games that crash Unity......... I hate mini-games...... a barrier to go further????? At least put them as an option!
What crashs? Do you have a log-file perhaps? They are optional if you subscribe for a higher tier on my Patreon :)
Joke aside. I like those little mini-games and as I put some effort in it to create them. I wan't the players to enjoy them as well. And in all fairness, they aren't hard. Both games are fairly simple pattern recognition games.
As the game currently is fairly linear I also want to add some minimum interaction to break the relentless clicking forward triade.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Is there anyway to skip the mini games? They are annoying, and the DJ one seems off, after the second button light up, I can't see the third and is always a mistake, and restarts all over again, and i'm stuck...
Are you visually impaired?

Reactions: Bernys95

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
I wanna say that liking a character or not is a matter of taste and that even unlikable characters can be well-written, but I honestly don't get what you're talking about. Is a little quirky banter too much already?
I was talking about the personality of the character and yes, the way their traits are balanced within the dialogue makes a difference in how the character is received. There's a difference between quirky and being annoying or obnoxious. Nonetheless, the developer's response has made certain things clear.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Is there anyway to skip the mini games? They are annoying, and the DJ one seems off, after the second button light up, I can't see the third and is always a mistake, and restarts all over again, and i'm stuck...
Not in the build shared here. Mhmm, haven't encountered this issue yet. I don't have a way to debug this, without creating a new build soley for this purpose.

Are you visually impaired?
I'm not sure if this was meant to be rude or not. I'm glad you enjoy my game, but please don't be rude if it was meant that way. I wouldn't rule out that there might be a bug.

As this came up quite a few times I will reconsider making the Mini-games mandatory for the next update. No promise.

Furyan

Nov 16, 2017
Not in the build shared here. Mhmm, haven't encountered this issue yet. I don't have a way to debug this, without creating a new build soley for this purpose.

I'm not sure if this was meant to be rude or not. I'm glad you enjoy my game, but please don't be rude if it was meant that way. I wouldn't rule out that there might be a bug.

As this came up quite a few times I will reconsider making the Mini-games mandatory for the next update. No promise.
The sequence stops at the second button, and doesn't continue. I'm not sure about the aim of the mini-game, if it is like an actual sound system, I should press play after a sequence or what. Just show two buttons in sequence for me, and if I take too long to press the second it fails too, so it has a timer, but even getting the second button right, NO other button flashes. And I tried many times. I am using an old save by the way, and don't remember if I edited it... I'll try from the beginning with a new save when I have more time.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
The sequence stops at the second button, and doesn't continue. I'm not sure about the aim of the mini-game, if it is like an actual sound system, I should press play after a sequence or what. Just show two buttons in sequence for me, and if I take too long to press the second it fails too, so it has a timer, but even getting the second button right, NO other button flashes. And I tried many times. I am using an old save by the way, and don't remember if I edited it... I'll try from the beginning with a new save when I have more time.
Ah, I maybe see what is happening - I actually had the same confusion the first time I encountered this.

The DJ mini-game requires you to gradually remember and click back the entire flashed sequence and finish with the new flash. It's just like the old electornic children's game "Simon".

So first flash, click the flashed control
Second flash: again click the first control (from your memory) and then the second control
Third flash: click the first and second controls in order (from your memory) and then the third
etc.

Does that make sense?

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
OK, the renders are great. I understand he made a lot of the environment assets as well.

The story is pretty dece. I like the main two and am excited for everyone else waking up.

The antagonists are mysterious, and it's like, "ok, we get it," but they might be too mysterious to the point where it's dragging. They're more a means to an end so I'm not mad at it.

Love the "secret" images. Love it when people put non-canon stuff in it. Very cool. Wish there were more each update.

Excellent job.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
I am getting a CTD at the Breach mini-game after about 4 or 5 failed attempts. There was brief splash screen with something about a log but it happened too fast for me to click it. Now I have to start the whole thing over.

• Sad
Reactions: osanaiko

Baelic

Jun 11, 2017
*sigh* ok can someone tell me where or how to find Selene after the first day, and all the pods have been visited?

I swear sandbox game exploration will be the undoing of me, as trying to explore in sandboxes results in me getting frustrated and lost 12 times out of 10, I swear. I could practically do a rage video worthy of Markiplier Getting Over it levels.

I cannot stress enough how much i fucking hate this aspect of sandbox games, and how it makes me leary of even trying any that show this particular tag.

But that aside, this is seeming pretty interesting so far, and I really want to figure out how to progress and find out what's going on.

Apologies for the slight rant, but I just came back from giving up on my search for that redhead, I just keep going in circles and finding nothing.

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes