Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1704266407317.png
...Borealis - featuring not one, but two faces looking you dead in the eye
with a flippant bird gesture to hammer home all her points.

Thank you very much for all the clarifications.
It is a rare feat to get to talk to the author of the novels you read,
let alone the author of a very well made and quite polished Unity game.

I confess I am always lost during the free roaming segments, looking at all those places and feeling like MC is discovering them for the first time himself when we, the players, get to explore the ship looking for the cryo pods and then for Selene.

Only in the free roam mode where you control the path yourself you may get that feeling, but than it's yourself who is not looking at the map to be fair.
The GUI is quite well put together, with many features and a neat save mechanism that, coupled with the mouse usage mimicking RenPy, offers a great experience well above and beyond many other Unity games around here.

1704266449375.png
Quite a long way wayward from MArtha - the titular holy mother of both Superman and Batman.
By all the heavens, she is worth toppeling all the stars in that galaxy to feel her sweet motherly touch one more time.

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Screenshot - 2024-01-06T064533.033.png
Screenshot - 2024-01-06T064557.100.png
All my time here and I still have the dubious pleasure in running into new types of scumbaggery like this. Knows its hated, admits its useless so far, yet paywalls the solution. :FacePalm:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Well .. to be fair ... this term, " scumbaggery" ... applies to what Selene is doing towards MC, many of ther actions are pure BS right before the bald bearded antagonist puts pressure on her to actually warm up to MC and get somewhere with him.
What does she do? Well .. she starts play pretending to care about MC activities, gets utterly bored and even tells MC what is taking them so long, to which MC is carelessly becoming and understanding, telling her they actually have to go through all those files in order to actually gain any information that would help them - in her mind ”help me get the bearded asshole off my back”. She still gets MC into other activities .. like ventilation shaft hopping in the gym because - seemingly just walking the halls like MC does in the very beginning is overrated all of a sudden - good practice for when Aliens start using those vents.
" scumbaggery", lol. Are you a patron? or just a freeloader?
The frustration of seeing MC be swindled in the game by the antagonists
might have spilled some angry feelings in the thread, is all.

Toni891

Jul 13, 2018
Well .. to be fair ... this term, " scumbaggery" ... applies to what Selene is doing towards MC, many of ther actions are pure BS
Since you obviously don't get the teasing and flirting and neither the subtle looks she gives him at work or during their walks: why do you bother if you don't like her? She's basically a second MC. I don't get THAT tbh. Their conversations are increasingly flirtatious, if you feel so offended by it: why do you care at all? There are other games or VNs that are more explicit. I'm genuinly confused.

Reactions: cbsx and Aristos

lukas7533

Jul 16, 2023
I am gonna say that I had fun with this one. Seline is not exactly your typical 10/10 looker, so initially I wasn´t exactly sold on the idea that currently she´s the only MC option.
The thing is, its a slow burner. Like 3 hours of actually getting to know her before anything actually starts happening, which on its own is not really that surprising as the story premise is not that much interesting.
I mean it has potential for sure, but I feel like the two villans are just overstaying their welcome at this point, they are not interesting and outside of reddick´s intimidation factor, it has just no solid legs to carry the story much longer. Thankfully I guess we´re close to ending that part.
Me personally I find way more interesting of a problem the fact that they are in outer space heading to a new planet, while at least momentarily orbiting a black hole. You can take that story in so many interesting directions that I am surprised that dev even decided go with "duo villan" way.
But overall I would give a rating of "A". Its definitely one of the better games I have played in last year

Toni891

Jul 13, 2018
I mean it has potential for sure, but I feel like the two villans are just overstaying their welcome at this point, they are not interesting and outside of reddick´s intimidation factor, it has just no solid legs to carry the story much longer. Thankfully I guess we´re close to ending that part.
Me personally I find way more interesting of a problem the fact that they are in outer space heading to a new planet

Agree. The two guys are annoying (which I guess they are supposed to be) and I assume they will be taken care of soon. They behave quite amateurish anyway. Build your blackmail on people who have and get access to a starship's systems is not exactly a smart thing. And I'm gonna say: don't mess with a software developer whose stuff you're gonna use. I too think MC will take care of them soon but will probably (have to) wake up the ship in the process. Or reduce the oxygen when the both idiots are in the same room, get in, finish them, save lil sis and then start the actual game to save the ship or whatever :D The game's menu shows that it will be a game to develop MC's skills etc, those two dickheads got no place in that. Turning the ship around and fly back to earth would make no sense to the story. We'll probably get to build a colony somewhere or live a Battlestar Galactica life :D But without those amateur terrorists.

Lunatic, I can only speak for myself of course... But Pia is really not necessary anymore. The second scene wasn't needed already, I just skipped through that part. Selene and the other women on board have so much more potential. I hope Pia was just some way to justify the tags.

And as said before: I too love Selene, she's modeled so beautifully but not with that replacable super-beauty visuals but with her own charme. She's adorable.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Agree. The two guys are annoying (which I guess they are supposed to be) and I assume they will be taken care of soon. They behave quite amateurish anyway. Build your blackmail on people who have and get access to a starship's systems is not exactly a smart thing. And I'm gonna say: don't mess with a software developer whose stuff you're gonna use. I too think MC will take care of them soon but will probably (have to) wake up the ship in the process. Or reduce the oxygen when the both idiots are in the same room, get in, finish them, save lil sis and then start the actual game to save the ship or whatever :D The game's menu shows that it will be a game to develop MC's skills etc, those two dickheads got no place in that. Turning the ship around and fly back to earth would make no sense to the story. We'll probably get to build a colony somewhere or live a Battlestar Galactica life :D But without those amateur terrorists.

Lunatic, I can only speak for myself of course... But Pia is really not necessary anymore. The second scene wasn't needed already, I just skipped through that part. Selene and the other women on board have so much more potential. I hope Pia was just some way to justify the tags.

And as said before: I too love Selene, she's modeled so beautifully but not with that replacable super-beauty visuals but with her own charme. She's adorable.
Thank you for the comment. I really appreciate it.

Regarding Pia, I had a similar question previously, and my response from then should mostly apply here as well:
Meaningless scenes with Pia (ex-girlfriend)
I think in the review it was mentioned that scenes with Pia where not really necessary and they were just added for having sex scenes. That's not true. For one, they give more background information about Elios, the way he sees and interacts with different kind of other characters and it adds more depth to his character. Pia is obviously different to Selene and also very different to MC. So there is a triangle to compare characters against each other, Selene with Pia, Pia with Elios and Elios with Selene. While they all have different views on some topics they can talk about and discuss them and still be close to each other. To address this topic at whole I would need more time, because there went more thoughts into it than it might appear, but it's already quite late.
Pia is important to the story and will have more impact down the line and it has been teased, but I wont say more about this.
But, you are right she serves me well for having those sex-scenes. And they shouldn't be just 'sell points'. Mostly and quite simply... they are there because I want to have them and I really like them and had fun creating it. Again, this is a story, purely to my liking.

View attachment 3236578
View attachment 3236579
All my time here and I still have the dubious pleasure in running into new types of scumbaggery like this. Knows its hated, admits its useless so far, yet paywalls the solution. :FacePalm:
I generally do not want an option for cheating in my game, but I added it as a feature for my high-tier Patreons who are also beta testers. This cheat console isn't intended to skip gameplay in general, but to provide them with some tools for testing.

I don't intend to 'fish' for people with this cheat option, and I'm pretty sure none of my supporters chose these tiers because of that cheat option.

The beta build is indeed paywalled, as I want to give those supporters a kind of reward for paying me so much, for supporting me, and for showing their gratitude in this way. So, I do want to include some content (non-in-game renders, environment previews, test-renders and others), features, or other rewards that are specifically dedicated to them.

However, I do not lock any in-game content behind a paywall.

Toni891

Jul 13, 2018
Regarding Pia, I had a similar question previously, and my response from then should mostly apply here as well:
Then I'm curious how you'll do it with Pia's story. =) She hasn't touched me yet, maybe in the future. Anyway, go on, you have a great way of subtle gestures and facial expressions.

tikey

May 24, 2017
Anyone else getting a Malware/Virus warning from this game? Firefox won't even let me download it.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1706949638146.png
What was that? Lunatic in disguise? Certainly MC is one, pretty sure Selena is warming up to becoming one as everything he does is meant to rub off on her - she is on a mission of getting the bearded bros off her back using the MC scrubber.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
This one needs the kinetic in disguise tag.
The plan (as I understand it from private comms with the Dev and his public posts in this forum) has always been to make it into a more free-roam game once this whole intro sequence with MC and Selene fighting to escape the control of the bad guys is completed. That's why the map and navigation functionality, quest/to-do/hint system, profile and stats systems,etc. all were built out, even if they are not used for any gameplay reasons so far.

However, it is a complex project with a (very high quality!) custom Unity engine and custom 3d environments, all being made by a hobbyist solo dev... so it takes considerable time to progress towards that second phase...

In fact, you could probably say that it has been "A long journey" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1706949667854.png
This Atrix Bell honey be soundly sleeping her game away all the while MC be working his way into the graces of a fine babe.
[Episode Hamal] Progress Updates: last week it was continued work on the lewd scene - nearly finished all images for the foreplay and will move on to the first posing. Before that, dev had finished all non-lewd scenes and possibly also all the rendering and scripting of the updated plot.

Last edited:
Reactions: pochops

Toni891

Jul 13, 2018
Anyone else getting a Malware/Virus warning from this game? Firefox won't even let me download it.
rightclick on the download, keep or allow or whatever it's named.

FF is currently giving me warnings for almost everything with json or other files.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
rightclick on the download, keep or allow or whatever it's named.

FF is currently giving me warnings for almost everything with json or other files.
I've had no issues with any games d/l from f95 ever - and I am strictly careful to run every one through both Windows defender and another standalone AV scanner.

And until yesterday, I had not had a warning in Firefox. But then I saw one for the first time! (on a different game, not ALJ)

I of course overrode the warning and did my usual checks - it was a false positive from FF.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Mhmm, as Toni891 said, it could be my save-file and config-file handling. The game reads, writes and deletes files from/to local. Maybe FF doesn't like that. But that is normal handling for such files and the standard location for this. Otherwise the game should not do anything else. There are no online or network functions. No dynamic loading adds, no reporting for meta data or something like that. I'll look around if I find something on that matter.

This one needs the kinetic in disguise tag.
I know some people have a problem with it but I'll just quote the FAQ from OP (https://f95zone.to/threads/a-long-journey-v0-7-4-marvellous-lunatic.80170/) here:
Isn't that a kinetic novel?
By the definition of f95 a game is only to be tagged as kinetic novel if there is no input needed other than for advancing through dialogue. This game however features minor decisions and will feature bigger decisions at a later point. There are also mandatory mini-games and free roam sections which need input too. Therefore by definition of f95 this is not a kinetic novel.
This has been discussed with f95 stuff.

Funnily enough, both Luna and Selene mean moon in Latin and Greek respectively.
I tried to look mostly into name's with astronomical meaning or relation. I have a older and incomplete table from my research for the characters. Some things are out-dated and need to be updated. There are more rows like age, traits and many other things but those I don't want to spoil.
1708334246561.png

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 47 Votes