VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Long Summer [v0.04] [Ardanos]

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
As someone who found the writing a bit weak in 0.1, I'm glad to see the developer decided to get an editor. The dialogs definitely read a lot more cohesive now and it has only made the game that much stronger.

Still not a huge fan of the <smiling> <laughing> descriptors though. It takes away from the immersion.

--

As for the story itself:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

--

Sad that this update had to be shorter than the developer originally planned for. Still, excited to see what's in store for 0.4.

(Will we be finally seeing the 2nd lead? Or will it continue to focus on Emily to make up for what was cut short in this update?)

Last edited:
Reactions: afterlights

Psycroptic

Jul 23, 2019
Looks good so far. Hopefully, there's a cheat route with Emily down the road if she gets a BF and an Ethan corruption route.

Reactions: Priappus

Priappus

Engaged Member
Nov 21, 2019
why when there is a female protagonist there must be a lesbian route?I do not understand that. lesbians are a very small percentage of women.
like gay men are a small percentage of men. Ιn which game with a male protagonist should we force the programmer to make a path homophilic?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019
why when there is a female protagonist there must be a lesbian route?I do not understand that. lesbians are a very small percentage of women.
Because lesbian is a pretty popular kink, and in the end that's what these games are all about. You could also ask why there is incest/blackmail/prostitution. Those aren't very common in real life either. But these games are fantasies, and what makes them hot is exactly the fact that these things don't usually happen in real life.

Reactions: KokaD20

Priappus

Engaged Member
Nov 21, 2019
Because lesbian is a pretty popular kink, and in the end that's what these games are all about. You could also ask why there is incest/blackmail/prostitution. Those aren't very common in real life either. But these games are fantasies, and what makes them hot is exactly the fact that these things don't usually happen in real life.
What are you talking about? the most popular game in F95 with female protagonist is GGGB.the girl has had all kinds of sex with men, anal, group sex,interracial,and much more.see games with only lesbian content, they are not popular at all.only a small group of lesbian Fans are watching them.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
What are you talking about? the most popular game in F95 with female protagonist is GGGB.the girl has had all kinds of sex with men, anal, group sex,interracial,and much more.see games with only lesbian content, they are not popular at all.only a small group of lesbian Fans are watching them.
Lesbian only game is not the same as just a lesbian route (with the choice to follow it or not). GGGB has a lesbian route

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Explain this Male MC we gonna play with 95% or whetere is % you have in mind?

Oct 21, 2019
What makes you think this game only has lesbian content? So far there are 2 possible female love interests and 3 possible male love interests (at least 5 of you count family etc.) Among the Planned Tags is groping, vaginal, prostitution... Lesbian is just one of the possible routes, but as the dev mentioned before there probably won't be a lesbian only route.

You can decide whether you want to play lesbian or not, so far all the lesbian points have been avoidable. So I don't really see the problem here.

Oct 21, 2019
What??? Prostitution is not very common in real life???
Mate, read the context. I said it in response to the claim that lesbians are a very small percentage of women. Just like prostitutes are an even smaller percentage of women.

But I fear we're going a bit off-topic here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avakao

Avakao

Jun 4, 2020
like gay men are a small percentage of men. Ιn which game with a male protagonist should we force the programmer to make a path homophilic?
You do realize that even in almost every Male protag game there's lesbian content, right? I mean, at least in the tags.

And having a lesbian option in a female protag game is actually great. Not everyone who plays as a girl likes to see a character's dick. That's why most players who go after a female protag game wants at least a lesbian route.

And about the last part about forcing. I don't think no one can or should try to force a dev to add what they don't want. We can only suggest, but in the end, is ultimately their call. If this game actually has a lesbian route, great. If not, I'll be disappointed, but I def will not blame or tell what they should do. It's their story to tell. I'll just accept it and move on. This is how I personally will act.

Last edited:

mileduets

Mar 13, 2018
I like the slow build-up very much and the renders/characters are exceptionally well done, but I fear a bit that the game gets too complex and a bit too slow moving with the amount of forks and characters introduced. Keeping my fingers crossed. Great work!

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I have to admit, although I like the FMC and looking forward to the incest kinks, I am disappointed about this update. Not because there is nothing sexual at the moment, but the constant decrease in the number of renders. The game started with 300 renders, 0.02 had 138 and 0.03 is now only 113. Let's see if this becomes a trend or if we get around 110 renders but those at least in monthly updates (which would be okay, imho, since there are also details like in AWAM, for example the cars and people move in the scenes).

Reactions: Mister Boombastic
Oct 21, 2019
I have to admit, although I like the FMC and looking forward to the incest kinks, I am disappointed about this update. Not because there is nothing sexual at the moment, but the constant decrease in the number of renders. The game started with 300 renders, 0.02 had 138 and 0.03 is now only 113. Let's see if this becomes a trend or if we get around 110 renders but those at least in monthly updates (which would be okay, imho, since there are also details like in AWAM, for example the cars and people move in the scenes).
I agree, although this game still has more and especially higher quality renders than most of these games, and in the end I definitely prefer quality over quantity. For example I love that the classrooms/hallways are actually filled with students, instead of just using the same 4-6 characters in each shot. Even if that results in a few less renders.

Reactions: Creeping Death

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
The game started with 300 renders, 0.02 had 138 and 0.03 is now only 113. Let's see if this becomes a trend or if we get around 110 renders but those at least in monthly updates (which would be okay, imho, since there are also details like in AWAM, for example the cars and people move in the scenes).
Yeah, it's very short, especially without kinks or lewdness, but he said the following words after 0.2:

"In terms of content it is about half as long as version 0.01. But since 0.01 took me 3,5 months to complete I´m pretty happy with what I managed to do."

So it was ~300 renders in 3.5 months and now it's ~250 in 2 months. I think it's okay and it would be imo better to release bigger 0.4 in ~2 months. Like the Dev of Hillside, because his updates were not big enough after just 1 month and he decided to 2 month release dates.

Maybe it's better to reduce the big amount of landscape scenes and to concentrate more to the characters. But I very liked the pretty details of lively city and well equiped building rooms.

For 0.4 I hope there is stuff again with Em's friend Heather (miss her!!) and I liked her kind family very much: William and Ellen!

And I hope of course we can see 1st lewd scene, maybe just a masturbation or voyeur scene. It's important, not just for us, also for the Dev's rising Patrons, too ;)

Unfortunately he doesn't communicate here anymore. Dunno why, he was talkactive after 0.1, but then nothing. Maybe no time, but he seems online here nearly daily.

btw,
Ardanos
I found a bug here, Adam is Em's dad, not Ethan:

Anmerkung 2020-12-07 164841.png

Oct 21, 2019
And I hope of course we can see 1st lewd scene, maybe just a masturbation or voyeur scene. It's important, not just for us, also for the Dev's rising Patrons, too ;)
Even though I see your point, I really hope this dev won't care about that stuff and just write the story however he likes it. If it were up to the players Emily would've probably already been ganbanged on the first day of school. It may not feel like that right now but I really think in the long run this game will be better with a slow and steady build-up.

Avakao

Jun 4, 2020
Even though I see your point, I really hope this dev won't care about that stuff and just write the story however he likes it. If it were up to the players Emily would've probably already been ganbanged on the first day of school. It may not feel like that right now but I really think in the long run this game will be better with a slow and steady build-up.
I agree with you. At least for now, the way her character is being shown, she's smart, caring, and sweet, and doesn't seem the type to just go whoring herself. I know she'll have this option at some point, but the fact that she acts like a normal girl, instead of someone in the heat is so refreshing. And if I can, I'll do my best to keep her this way. I really see her in a healthy relationship.

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes